• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Does anyone know how the taxes work on coinbase? Let's say I invested 5k in Ethereum last year  and its worth 50k right now. If I withdraw 45k into my bank account through coinbase do they report it to the IRS? Or am I supposed to report it?

14 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Does anyone know how the taxes work on coinbase? Let's say I invested 5k in Ethereum last year  and its worth 50k right now. If I withdraw 45k into my bank account through coinbase do they report it to the IRS? Or am I supposed to report it?

I belive they’ll send you a tax statement at year end which you’ll report as income. They also report it to the IRS. Long term capital gains (1yr plus) are taxed depending on your taxable income and filing status but they are taxed lower than short term gains. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, BuffaloWeather said:

I'm tempted to buy for the meme. Elon is hosting Saturday night live this weekend, you just know its going to skyrocket. 

Remember though what happened on #DogeDay aka April 20th... it cratered -- well went down like 5-10 cents.  Recovered a few weeks later... but it was no where near what it was "supposed to be"

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

30... but I'm too scared of it so only put in a few hundred lol.. should have put in more.. this will tank when Musk makes no mention of it on SNL Saturday

Well making a few hundred is better than nothing lol

I'm sitting on 60K of DOGE... bought in around 0.10 or a little higher... so actually making some good money on it.  Am watching like a hawk though... I have set my bars as to when to get out

2 minutes ago, yoda said:

Well making a few hundred is better than nothing lol

I'm sitting on 60K of DOGE... bought in around 0.10 or a little higher... so actually making some good money on it.  Am watching like a hawk though... I have set my bars as to when to get out

That is amazing. I don't own any as right on coinbase, it said it was created as a meme. Too risky for me. 

22 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve got 300 doge coins at 0.30 so we’ll see if we can make a quick couple hundy next week and cash in. But, I think it does some longevity so  when it tanks again post Musky SNL hype, I’m gonna buy back in a little.

If Musky gets DOGE to lets say, somehow, around 0.60 Saturday night... I'm getting out with my money lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That's quite a leap on Cuban's part to assert that Doge, which was literally created as a joke and adds 14 million to its supply per day, may be a better store of value than dollars. I also don't understand why he commands such respect from investors. He quite simply got lucky. Broadcast.com had a few million in revenue  a quarter when it was acquired near the peak of the Dot Com bubble for billions by Yahoo (which discontinued the service a couple years later). Obviously Cuban was smart enough to take such an obscene offer--he would have to be really stupid to reject the chance at becoming a multi-billionaire for offloading a small business--but let's not pretend he's a whiz because people were paying stupid multiples for anything internet-related in 1999.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. Then I’ll let it fall afterwards before scooping back in. It’s no longer just a meme. 

Well I'm taking all my 5 figures and running lol... no more hodling.

Probably could get back in... but I doubt it really sinks below 0.25 now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hoth said:

That's quite a leap on Cuban's part to assert that Doge, which was literally created as a joke and adds 14 million to its supply per day, may be a better store of value than dollars. I also don't understand why he commands such respect from investors. He quite simply got lucky. Broadcast.com had a few million in revenue  a quarter when it was acquired near the peak of the Dot Com bubble for billions by Yahoo (which discontinued the service a couple years later). Obviously Cuban was smart enough to take such an obscene offer--he would have to be really stupid to reject the chance at becoming a multi-billionaire for offloading a small business--but let's not pretend he's a whiz because people were paying stupid multiples for anything internet-related in 1999.

He’s not the only one. I know you’re against it so we’ll see over the next decade if you missed out or if everyone else fell for the pump fake. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

He’s not the only one. I know you’re against it so we’ll see over the next decade if you missed out or if everyone else fell for the pump fake. 

We'll see how the FOMO works out. I'm having plenty of fun staying poor and watching.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Hoth said:

We'll see how the FOMO works out. I'm having plenty of fun staying poor and watching.

Get the F “out of Doge “ 

Reminds me of the SPAC craze that peaked in Feb

people realize that everyone and their mother are planning to “get out soon” right , when (If)it begins falling This week , it should accelerate as everyone has the same basic idea . Buy , flip for profit and get out 

Ethereum is the Crypto of the now and the future but it will likely pull back to 2500 within the month , it was 850 on Jan 1...

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Get the F “out of Doge “ 

Reminds me of the SPAC craze that peaked in Feb

people realize that everyone and their mother are planning to “get out soon” right , when (If)it begins falling This week , it should accelerate as everyone has the same basic idea . Buy , flip for profit and get out 

Look what happened to SPACS in consecutive quarters lol.

spac.jpg