Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

3 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

LOL. Back to over 100F.  40 hours out. 

2nd shot, right ?

Trying to get a bead on this is impossible.  Scatter plot of different reactions ranging from nothing across both doses, to admissions to an ER. 

I'm now working on 18 hours since first dose with no symptoms ...other than feeling of mild bruise in the shoulder. 

You know, when I ask a person if they are experiencing any symptoms from vaccination, and the immediate first sentence goes like, " ...I have a sore shoulder, and - " I'm getting tired of f'ing hearing that.  No shit!  You stick a foreign metallic object deep into your soft tissue, ..that's likely to leave a mark regardless of intent.  Can we keep that out of it please?   No - that is not a symptom of vaccination.  That is a circumstance of having a veritable nail jab into one's flesh.  Different.  ..sorry, rant done.

I guess less reactions from first dose ...but it's not zero. Just less.  I don't know when/if at all this would kick in if I do.  It'll be 24 hours late this afternoon and I figure it to be unlikely from that point forward. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

2nd shot, right ?

No - that is not a symptom of vaccination.  That is a circumstance of having a veritable nail jab into one's flesh.  Different.  ..sorry, rant done. 

Not exactly. Part of the soreness is from the inflammatory response, not just the needle and the liquid stretching the muscle fibers. Several types of leukocytes migrate to the site in response to the antigen. In the case of mRNA vaccines, the  myocytes take up the mRNA and start pumping out spike protein and displaying it as “not self”. Dendritic cells, neutrophils, macrophages are all summoned by cytokines which cause havoc with body temperature and cause a lot of the soreness. In my case, the sore arm from the first shot took 10-12 hours. It set in within 2 hours of the second. More immune response with the second. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Not exactly. Part of the soreness is from the inflammatory response, not just the needle and the liquid stretching the muscle fibers. Several types of leukocytes migrate to the site in response to the antigen. In the case of mRNA vaccines, the  myocytes take up the mRNA and start pumping out spike protein and displaying it as “not self”. Dendritic cells, neutrophils, macrophages are all summoned by cytokines which cause havoc with body temperature and cause a lot of the soreness. In my case, the sore arm from the first shot took 10-12 hours. It set in within 2 hours of the second. More immune response with the second. 

Saying "not exactly" isn't unnecessary - I know this latter stuff but from person to person it's impossible to separate the effect/affect ratio of response, first of all.  Secondly,  there is an immuno response to any invasive object -  you stick a nail in your arm, all that shit you labeled is going to happen, too.  Those responses are 'common reactionary denominators' ..that was my point.  And we know that already/... of should...

I guess my tongue-in-cheek rant is pointed at the bitching and whining of an aspect that is assume-able ...but whatever

16 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Back down to 97.8. Now I just feel like I have a good hangover. About 24 hours out...

I had the hangover feeling this morning with my second shot yesterday. No alcohol, but I didn’t hydrate well yesterday and I was sweating quite a bit at the kids baseball practice. 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I guess my tongue-in-cheek rant is pointed at the bitching and whining of an aspect that is assume-able ...but whatever

Oh I get that too. Some is tolerance. Some people can take an extreme amount of pain and discomfort and it doesn’t bother them at all. Some get upset if they have a slight whichever in their big toe.

My father said he didn’t even have a sore shoulder with any of the 2 shots. I doubt that. This is a man who smashed his left thumb flat as a pancake with a 5 pound sledge hammer on a job site and drove home with it just wrapped up in a rag he had on his plumbing truck.

Did I mention the job site was 500 miles from home? The man has an enormous pain tolerance. 

18 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Everywhere.  Great business model, prices cheaper than Walmart and in and out. I love their Italian bread vendor here. I get coffee, cereal, milk, dog snacks, bread, butter and other medicine there. I hate Walmart and they are just down the road a couple miles. 

None of that stuff in the one that closed in Farmington, just cheap junky stuff; haven't been to its still-open relative there.  Nor have I entered the one that recently opened in our huge town of 1,500.  I prefer to shop 3/4 miles west at the Sandy River farm Supply - offers decent pizza and Italians, modest assortment of packaged food and drink, chainsaw files, cord/rope of all sizes, the broadest assortment of small hardware I've seen anywhere - about 15 feet wide and 4 feet tall filled with hundreds of small shelves.  Kind of a throwback and does a good business  I doubt the Dollar Store up the street will have any impact though the DD next to it might, as SRFS sells a lot of Carrabassett Coffee and local-made donuts..

25 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Oh I get that too. Some is tolerance. Some people can take an extreme amount of pain and discomfort and it doesn’t bother them at all. Some get upset if they have a slight whichever in their big toe.

My father said he didn’t even have a sore shoulder with any of the 2 shots. I doubt that. This is a man who smashed his left thumb flat as a pancake with a 5 pound sledge hammer on a job site and drove home with it just wrapped up in a rag he had on his plumbing truck.

Did I mention the job site was 500 miles from home? The man has an enormous pain tolerance. 

Heh huh ... I'd replace "some" in that bold turn of phrase with "most" ... but yup.

And add, without being solicited ... I know:  Anyone born since circa 1950 are entitled assholes and aren't even aware of it. Even the ' good ones,' ranging to 'conditional sociopaths,' and everyone character in between, whichever delusion of self worth they covet that avoids them knowing this about themselves aside, they are definitely  unclear on the concept of 'natural inconvenience' vs the assumption of utopia the modern convenience has given them. 

I'm a cynical snark at times ...particularly when I realize in moments of clarity that my soul mate hates and despises me and I'm forever alone without her and hate all of humanity because of it...LOL ... But somewhere in all that cumulonimbus cloud of continuous lightning it sparks, there are positive charges of truth:  

people of modernity are desperately in need of a reality check. They need massive doses of repeating humility and constant inconvenience ... until they get it through their f'n heads that they suck and will die.     Once the yget that...you know what else happens?  ...

All this recreation outrage... woke this, cancel-culture that, the 'how dare my shoulder ache from a 2" needle' all of it ...it all goes away -

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

2nd shot, right ?

Trying to get a bead on this is impossible.  Scatter plot of different reactions ranging from nothing across both doses, to admissions to an ER. 

I'm now working on 18 hours since first dose with no symptoms ...other than feeling of mild bruise in the shoulder. 

You know, when I ask a person if they are experiencing any symptoms from vaccination, and the immediate first sentence goes like, " ...I have a sore shoulder, and - " I'm getting tired of f'ing hearing that.  No shit!  You stick a foreign metallic object deep into your soft tissue, ..that's likely to leave a mark regardless of intent.  Can we keep that out of it please?   No - that is not a symptom of vaccination.  That is a circumstance of having a veritable nail jab into one's flesh.  Different.  ..sorry, rant done.

I guess less reactions from first dose ...but it's not zero. Just less.  I don't know when/if at all this would kick in if I do.  It'll be 24 hours late this afternoon and I figure it to be unlikely from that point forward. 

Yes, second shot. I had nothing but a sore arm for half a day after the first shot...luckily, around 9-10am, the fever and aches broke. Just went for a 6 mile run and now feel fine. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

Yes, second shot. I had nothing but a sore arm for half a day after the first shot...luckily, around 9-10am, the fever and aches broke. Just went for a 6 mile run and now feel fine. 

Yup... that's my intent, too.  'Bout 3 pm 10K run

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m not going near crypto.  Anything that is not understandable to me is high risk. Can anyone tell me why crypto other than to cash in on the pyramid before it topples?

Yes, it’s very risky. I have just bought into a few projects that I think will survive into the future. 
The technology is here to stay but there will be a painful weeding out process and only a handful of the current players will be around in 10 years. 

It’s only value right now is that there are people that believe it’s valuable but can’t we say the same thing about fiat currency in general? 

I have stayed away from crypto because it seems ripe to suddenly be forced into heavy govt regulation/taxation mode and crash in value since there is literally nothing underpinning it except hopes and dreams.

Actually, with rising interest rates, I am being pushed away from bonds as well. I also don't want to buy any more houses. LOL

Need a different safe bet for investing some excess cash.

10 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I have stayed away from crypto because it seems ripe to suddenly be forced into heavy govt regulation/taxation mode and crash in value since there is literally nothing underpinning it except hopes and dreams.

Actually, with rising interest rates, I am being pushed away from bonds as well. I also don't want to buy any more houses. LOL

Need a different safe bet for investing some excess cash.

The peaks and troughs with the top crypto’s will begin to stabilize as more institutions buy into it. A side benefit will be the government will be less likely to put any draconian regulations on it for fear of harming corporate interests.

that being said I am still of the mind that we will have another big drop in the short term.

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The peaks and troughs with the top crypto’s will begin to stabilize as more institutions buy into it. A side benefit will be the government will be less likely to put any draconian regulations on it for fear of harming corporate interests.

that being said I am still of the mind that we will have another big drop in the short term.

I'm allocating like 15% of my stock money for crypto..and waiting for the next big drop to start investing. I only have about $100 in LiteCoin currently. Everything is just so damn inflated vs a few months ago. 

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I'm allocating like 15% of my stock money for crypto..and waiting for the next big drop to start investing. I only have about $100 in LiteCoin currently. Everything is just so damn inflated vs a few months ago. 

It’s really difficult to time the jump in points right now.  We might be in a Super Bull cycle and if so, look for 20% or more pull backs and jump in as soon as the uptrend resumes. 

• Like 3