• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Can someone please explain to me what digital land Purchases mean . I read the article , some fellow is saying there is limited “plots” and Folks will “naturally speculate” on these plots . All this in “decentraland” . Umm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/here-comes-the-virtual-real-estate-boom%3famp=1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/what-makes-digital-real-estate-buying-valuable-nft-expert-explains

seems like a virtual asset class created for speculation and tied to blockchain 

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Can someone please explain to me what digital land Purchases mean . I read the article , some fellow is saying there is limited “plots” and Folks will “naturally speculate” on these plots . All this in “decentraland” . Umm

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.coindesk.com/here-comes-the-virtual-real-estate-boom%3famp=1

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/what-makes-digital-real-estate-buying-valuable-nft-expert-explains

Haha I think you're right

12 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

TOKC radar just got smashed by hail? Getting some funky returns...not sure I’ve seen that before. Go watch the radar loop it’s weird. 

760EC327-AC1A-436D-8FD3-2E203CC5A35B.png

That usually means one side of the radar is wet or covered in something... Happened during one of our snow storms up here last winter

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Haha I think you're right

People are paying contractors “real world prices” for developing plots in decentraland and early investors see it somewhat as a “status symbol”.

I’m trying to see if this is some niche for introverted savants to cash in on Only or has broader appeal but it’s wild that some spend 200K plus for virtual real estate 

11 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That made my head want to explode. Some of this stuff is ridiculous. Virtual land lol

2 hours ago, weathafella said:

Was in Coolidge Corner today-already you can see a lot of people loosening up on masks.  In my much quieter neighborhood it’s like a switch went off.   Very little masking outdoors vs the vast majority 24 hours ago.

It was a bright cold day in April and the clocks were striking thirteen.

• Haha 1

Canada yo. Follow that science they say....

In mid-April a new pandemic lockdown by the provincial government was announced, giving police temporary power to stop individuals to ask where they’re going and where they live. “The Stay-at-Home order currently in effect requires everyone to remain at home except for specified purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services [including getting vaccinated], for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely,” a government statement says.

The Ontario government proceeded to close all outdoor recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer fields, playgrounds and, yes, golf courses.

Canada yo. Follow that science they say....

In mid-April a new pandemic lockdown by the provincial government was announced, giving police temporary power to stop individuals to ask where they’re going and where they live. “The Stay-at-Home order currently in effect requires everyone to remain at home except for specified purposes, such as going to the grocery store or pharmacy, accessing health care services [including getting vaccinated], for outdoor exercise, or for work that cannot be done remotely,” a government statement says.

The Ontario government proceeded to close all outdoor recreational amenities including basketball courts, soccer fields, playgrounds and, yes, golf courses.

Their cdc knows something we don't

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Was in Coolidge Corner today-already you can see a lot of people loosening up on masks.  In my much quieter neighborhood it’s like a switch went off.   Very little masking outdoors vs the vast majority 24 hours ago.

When I drive in this morning I’ll go the long way down mass ave and see what’s up this morning. I saw no change in the people’s  republic of Cambridge yesterday. 

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That is interesting and not too surprising 

Shoppers enter those locations by swiping a smartphone at the entry gate. Inside, they’re tracked by cameras, software algorithms and shelf sensors—then charged for what they take when exiting through the designated gates.

9 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That made my head want to explode. Some of this stuff is ridiculous. Virtual land lol

Michael Burry , the investor in the movie “the big short “ who bet first on the housing demise in 2008 -09 

has this to say about NFT’s

"NFTs exist so that the crypto grifters can have a new kind of magic bean to sell for actual money, and pretend they're not selling magic beans."

NFT’s are in so many different areas ...that I would bet some will have value but many seem silly (Particularly virtual real estate , which is selling for hundreds of thousands ... they appear tied to Ethereum which looks to me to be One of the few  potential future payment systems used online $$

For virtual real estate , I was reading how you can take out a virtual mortgage (real money ) and work with a lender 

on the one hand some folks have bought plots of land for a few grand , developed them (sort of using programs like 7 year olds have mastered in Mine craft) and some “investor “ digs it and come around and buys it for 100K in real money lol

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't get any of that crap. It's like make believe for dorks who live in their parent's basement and never kissed a girl. 

That was part of the vibe I was guessing at While others I sense see the profit opportunity and are trying their best to position this as a future legitimate growth opportunity that you simply don’t understand yet  and some money is pouring in . Some of these dorks will be moving into large estates.   With  all the Easy money and low rates the Fed reserve seems intent on maintaining this creates a environment for things like this to flourish . Yes , it has that gamer introvert odd vibe , Some parts are likely pure bubble but I think parts of it will be for real . 

You can design virtual wearables and sell them ...sports companies like Topps are using NFT’s to capture sports highlights and actually go public w Michael Eisner as their CEO , there will be some sort of future where these likely have a sustainable market but I don’t know what products 

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That was part of the vibe I was guessing at While others I sense see the profit opportunity and are trying their best to position this as a future legitimate growth opportunity that you simply don’t understand yet  ,  with all the Easy money and low rates the Fed reserve seems intent on maintaining this creates a environment for things like this to flourish . Yes , it has that vibe , I think parts of it will be for real . 

You can design virtual wearables and sell them ...sports companies like Topps are using NFT’s to capture sports highlights and actually go public w Michael Eisner as their CEO , there will be some sort of future where these likely have a sustainable market but I don’t know what products 

It's just this land of make believe removed from reality that I'll never understand. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's just this land of make believe removed from reality that I'll never understand. 

I mostly agree with you Scott , it seems absurd 

I think the main thing to understand is it was created (or Morphed) into a income generating endeavor , it’s aligning itself with ethereum , which looks to be the main crypto currency internet payment system of the future and if there is anything at all that makes real money it will have investor interest .

Can you imagine telling your wife you dropped 200K on a estate that is in reality several plots of virtual real estate in “decentraland” and it’s “only” 1500 in monthly mortgage payments . “Look hunny, relax we can visit it right now and I’ll let you design the bathroom ,  flower beds, whatever you like, you can design a young pool guy   “

Well pretty much all better today. Actually felt nearly 100% by yesterday evening outside of just being tired but I did sleep pretty well. In terms of the side effects it was pretty much everything I expected based on the information I gathered from folks. Side effects kicking in about 12-hours later with side effects lasting around 12-hours and a full-day of fatigue. I am very glad I asked as many people as possible what they experienced after getting their second shot because I think preparing myself made going through it that much easier. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I mostly agree with you Scott , it seems absurd 

I think the main thing to understand is it was created (or Morphed) into a income generating endeavor , it’s aligning itself with ethereum , which looks to be the main crypto currency internet payment system of the future and if there is anything at all that makes real money it will have investor interest .

Can you imagine telling your wife you dropped 200K on a estate that is in reality several plots of virtual real estate in “decentraland” and it’s “only” 1500 in monthly mortgage payments . “Look hunny, relax we can visit it right now and I’ll let you design the bathroom ,  flower beds, whatever you like, you can design a young pool guy   “

Think of all of the virtual milfs. 

• Haha 4

Welp. I have to report that I saw 95-98% outdoor mask wearing down Mass Ave from Huntington Ave in Boston, to Sidney Street in Cambridge. And the little bit of Huntington I was on from the Pru to Mass Ave, same deal. 

I'll go that way again tomorrow when the mandate is actually lifted and see if there is any change. I think I know the answer already.

• Weenie 1