Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I just think it’s kind of unfair to compare the two places. There is a ton of people packed into a very small area in mass, especially eastern ma. I’m not defending mass and their approach, just saying it’s difficult to compare to very different places 

Read the conversation, this whole thing started because people started dunking on Nova Scotia and Canada in general. It's amazing that people who lived in Massachusetts would have the gall to do that. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I just think it’s kind of unfair to compare the two places. There is a ton of people packed into a very small area in mass, especially eastern ma. I’m not defending mass and their approach, just saying it’s difficult to compare to very different places 

That was my point about more population inside 128. No comparison. And 60 plus % of deaths in Mass were in LTC facilities, just like most states in the US. 

10 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I took that job to get into shape for a few months, because I had another job lined up delayed due to covid. Could have stayed home and collected unemployment and didn't. 

Nice personal insult though man. 

We should have a discussion about this outside the next g2g. You should come

That was a low blow by Phin. Everyone’s gotta work. Amazon drivers make decent $$

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That was my point about more population inside 128. No comparison. And 60 plus % of deaths in Mass were in LTC facilities, just like most states in the US. 

I dont actually believe it's a population issue for this purpose. We're geographically isolated and implemented travel restrictions. Newfoundland literally had no community spread for months. Massachusetts has always had an endemic level of disease since like Feb 2020. 

5 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

first fever in 12 years, lol. it took a little over 24 hours 

Second shot? 20-24 hours is about right. It’ll go away pretty fast. How high is it?

You can take Motrin for the fever and aches if you have them. If it gets worse, you can switch between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours. 

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The countries with very few COVID deaths tend to also be the countries no one cares about... they can lock down tight and the world doesn’t even notice. 

Traveling abroad you get a very different vibe than people are jealous/care about us... people seem to watch the U.S. because it's so entertaining, in a controlled dumpster fire type of way.  But they like the quiet countries.

It's funny, they assume we are all pompous assholes. Hard to see where they get that opinion from though.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Second shot? 20-24 hours is about right. It’ll go away pretty fast. How high is it?

You can take Motrin. Is it gets worse, you can switch between Tylenol and Motrin every 3 hours. 

100. i'll be fine

• Like 3

Just now, DavisStraight said:

Girl that delivered a package at my house before Christmas said she was getting $30 per hour, not bad for driving around dropping off packages.

The girl that drove our route last summer was front lawn camp out worthy just to wait on her. Guys up and down the street ran out to get the packages when she stopped. :D

• Haha 3

Amazon is putting in its first Amazon Fresh Market in CT in Fairfield County. There is no checkouts or cashiers. Very few people actually work in the store. Its all automated and they are using state of the art technology to track purchases. You just fill your cart and walk out the store. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, BrianW said:

Amazon is putting in its first Amazon Fresh Market in CT in Fairfield County. There is no checkouts or cashiers. Very few people actually work in the store. Its all automated and they are using state of the art technology to track purchases. You just fill your cart and walk out the store. 

That is interesting and not too surprising 

Just now, BrianW said:

They have concessions like this in td garden now. You just walk in, grab beer, no line, no nothing. I have no idea how it works. Very cool

Downtown San Antonio looks to be in for a hell of a ride. Going to be some big time hail damage if this supercell continues on it’s course . Going to look for some webcams could be a good show, hopefully the rotation on the cell continues to weaken and doesn’t cycle. 

5E3CE3F2-E4CD-4184-AA36-2097CC8D5918.jpeg

• Like 2