Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

16 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

CDC is a “government agency” with a lot of ties to private corporate interests. 

Some are ok, some questionable. 
The alliance with the hep c cabal like Abbott, Jansen, Quest, etc to push baby boomers to get tested for hep c isn’t a bad thing. Lots of help c in that population. Sure, the hep c companies help fund the push, but I see that as a needed thing.

The Roche Tamaflu push was a little more questionable. 
The Coca Cola thing was really shady. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

It's just amazing how many people blindly follow what the government says, no questions asked. 

A family member of mine is an arborist, and he's had people come out of their million dollar houses in the SWellesley area and berate him while he's 70' up in a tree on ropes with a chain saw.....to put a mask on...and it happens all the time. Ummm no. 

That sux.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:33 PM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

TSLA ... should be a  wild ride 

The last couple days there has been a shift of money back to the Nasdaq (over other indexes) after a 2 month rotation . Who knows if it becomes legit but that would help Tech stocks. If yields are able to stay under 1.6 or fall it seems the market may show appetite to expand valuations  again .

Crypto was oversold and what a big bounce today 

Etherium price is going to decouple from Bitcoin in the not too distant future.    

$4K by July 4th wouldn't shock me. 

Thinking about industrial metals tonight. I don't know much about that sector so just learning. Brief Google search for ETFs doesn't seem to have a lot of promise. DBB holds a lot of an Invesco mutual fund - AGPXX - and a fair amount of treasuries. JJT did well but the structure isn't one that I feel like I have a good handle on predicting its future success plus its focusing on just tin.

What's a good way to get some exposure to this sector? Any ideas?

5 hours ago, monadnocks said:

Thinking about industrial metals tonight. I don't know much about that sector so just learning. Brief Google search for ETFs doesn't seem to have a lot of promise. DBB holds a lot of an Invesco mutual fund - AGPXX - and a fair amount of treasuries. JJT did well but the structure isn't one that I feel like I have a good handle on predicting its future success plus its focusing on just tin.

Is this the line you use on your significant other when you're in a romantic mood?

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, kdxken said:

18 hours since my second shot of moderna and no side effects. One of the few times it pays to be an old bastard.

Probably because our immune systems are pickled from all our exposures. Remember when they wanted young kids to get the chicken pox early to prevent bad issues as a young adult? As long as you aren't immuno compromised it appears older people have little side effects.  Some younger middle age people like Dendrite get hammered. Will surely be an interesting dataset at some point 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ha nope, just as long as no one sees you disrobing.  You are free to wander naked through downtown BTV.  I mean, that’s why I moved up here.  That and that it’s legal to pass cars even with a double yellow line.  Tons of weird obscure laws up here.

I would've felt a lot better streaking at Middlebury had I known that was the law of the land. My girlfriend and I used to jog around town on a lark every so often. Oddly enjoyable hobby.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Probably because our immune systems are pickled from all our exposures. Remember when they wanted young kids to get the chicken pox early to prevent bad issues as a young adult? As long as you aren't immuno compromised it appears older people have little side effects.  Some younger middle age people like Dendrite get hammered. Will surely be an interesting dataset at some point 

Just an observation but I have never had the flu in my life and had zero reactions to both Moderna shots. Other people I talked to reported the same thing about no reactions and never having the flu either.  The people I know in my age group (late 30's) that had reactions were people who told me they get sick often with the flu, colds, sinus infections, etc. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Favorite place on earth for me, missed it last year, hopefully I can get there when the borders open up for the general population

Once we build a new cottage I plan to install a weather station and cam, hopefully it’s survives being on the north coast

I've only been there once and I was 9. I need to get back up there. 

7 hours ago, monadnocks said:

Try: https://finviz.com

go to the groups tab, then select: industry (basic materials). That should get you started. Pm me with any questions.

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

I had the chicken pox, pneumonia and the flu when I was younger and I had bad side effects with the 1st shot of Moderna.

13 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Ha nope, just as long as no one sees you disrobing.  You are free to wander naked through downtown BTV.  I mean, that’s why I moved up here.  That and that it’s legal to pass cars even with a double yellow line.  Tons of weird obscure laws up here.

Plenty of nudity in Brattleboro on hot days.  Not sure if they have passed a by-law about it yet but the Saturday farmers market on a hot July day used to be quite entertaining.

• Haha 2

Hard to draw a pattern on who gets sick from the vaccine. The old/young split is just about the only seemingly firm signal I've seen, although there are plenty of anecdotes refuting that rule too. I'm sure it's being studied as millions get vaccinated. Should give us some really good data going forward for mRNA vaccines on who is susceptible to serious side effects.

19 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Hard to draw a pattern on who gets sick from the vaccine. The old/young split is just about the only seemingly firm signal I've seen, although there are plenty of anecdotes refuting that rule too. I'm sure it's being studied as millions get vaccinated. Should give us some really good data going forward for mRNA vaccines on who is susceptible to serious side effects.

That's yeah right that's been the deal -

mentioned this myself that it's difficult to get a bead on this and even see a pattern.  Seems to be crossed up metrics and utterly scatter plotted ..graphically. 

75 and 80 years of age respectively, and my parents - neither - noticed any symptom of any kind from either doses.  One is propped up by modern pharma, and the other doesn't have comorbs ...other than his age.

My 42 year-old sister has zero comorb's ...is in good shape. Eats organic vegetarian... doesn't engage in dip shit life styles.    KO'ed to couch for two days - she's a college professor too, remote ..so it was a fiasco. 

A college buddy is 49 ... no co-morbids.  Social drinker ..but with wife and kid ...that's getting to be more rare for life style.  Enjoys a good cigar once in a while but isn't a 'smoker' by fair distinction.  No symptom from either doses.  'not sure what it was supposed to do to me, frankly,' he said in text, '...I feel like it shoulda done something from what I'm hearing and wonder if I got a bad dose'

I'm scheduled to potentially f-up my weekend the day after tomorrow.  6 pm.  I shoulda scheduled for Monday so I could bag the next work day instead of bagging my Saturday - LOL

• Like 1