Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

18 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Our son was working minimum wage last summer loading mulch, hay bales etc in the heat wearing a mask due to requirements. An occasional yahoo would give him shit about wearing it.   He never said anything to the “customer”, the customer just wanted to vent at a 19 year old kid

Nothing says mature like berating a 19 year old kid

26 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I appreciate that    Likewise I have avoided doing business with establishments that have flouted public hygiene regulations during a pandemic - a certain hotel in the town next door to mine for example. 

last fall i stopped in a gun shop for some ammo. i had never been there before, but the place had Trump signs/flags and all kinds of stuff on the windows. Right on the door in big letters was a sign stating MASKS NOT ALLOWED. the whole time i was in there, which wasn't long, the guy was yakking to some other guy about how the whole china virus thing was fake, no one had gotten that sick blah blah blah. even though i needed some 9mm ammo which has gotten hard to find, but decided not to give this kook any of my ammo spending money. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Are you mad we aren’t thanking you for “keeping us safe”?

I'm baffled at why any human being with a functioning (supossedly) brain would not see the value in protecting others. Why do people need to be told to wear a mask? 

"here, these protect you, and most importantly, friends family and others" 

No. Murica. Freedom 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

last fall i stopped in a gun shop for some ammo. i had never been there before, but the place had Trump signs/flags and all kinds of stuff on the windows. Right on the door in big letters was a sign stating MASKS NOT ALLOWED. the whole time i was in there, which wasn't long, the guy was yakking to some other guy about how the whole china virus thing was fake, no one had gotten that sick blah blah blah. even though i needed some 9mm ammo which has gotten hard to find, but decided not to give this kook any of my ammo spending money. 

Wonder if it was my brother in law’s shop. Lol. 

22 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Yo, we should all be having a beer or favorite beverage tonight, not fighting. This is a good day and one step closer to the end. No matter what you think of this pandemic, it has sucked for most of us in one way or another.

Yeah. Nothing has been good about it with the possible exception of me being able to get a prime beach spot with drink service for not a lot of $$$

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm baffled at why any human being with a functioning (supossedly) brain would not see the value in protecting others. Why do people need to be told to wear a mask? 

"here, these protect you, and most importantly, friends family and others" 

No. Murica. Freedom 

The next steps in this “logical” path are banning guns, then sharp knives, then cars, then activities such as skiing. No thanks. Let’s stop it here. My safety depends on my personal choices, not a mask mandate. I don’t need you to keep me safe in the name of govt overreach. 

25 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

I have never been in a gun shop that wasn’t full of paranoid kooks, to be honest. I never like going in those places. 

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The next steps in this “logical” path are banning guns, then sharp knives, then cars, then activities such as skiing. No thanks. Let’s stop it here. My safety depends on my personal choices, not a mask mandate. I don’t need you to keep me safe in the name of govt overreach. 

Do you ever think maybe you have lost it

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. It is a safer play then trying to predict which consumer goods stock will succeed. Have any green mining stocks in mind?

I have had the BEEM for almost two years and finally has done well; they are placing solar panels on light poles in Parking lots

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Had my shot at 10:53 AM...last time my shot was like 11:54 or something...anyways my arm definitely hurt more by now last time than this time. I definitely do feel some soreness when I lift it up but we'll see what happens going through the next few hours. 

It took me like 15hrs before showing signs of aches and fever. 

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Had my shot at 10:53 AM...last time my shot was like 11:54 or something...anyways my arm definitely hurt more by now last time than this time. I definitely do feel some soreness when I lift it up but we'll see what happens going through the next few hours. 

My second hurt less than my first.  Although I felt kinda crummy the next day.