Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

56 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Can you tell us who "they" are preaching this?  Honestly haven't seen that.

Whineminster laughed at this but can't provide any links to people saying we have to wait until the entire world reaches herd immunity before masks no longer have to be worn.  I know there are some always some fringe people who may say that but I haven't seen any legitimate health authority say this. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, amarshall said:

I love reading the covid threads. 

We are in bizarro world now.  We've stopped listening to science.  Restaurants still can't have menus (place I went last night).  Towns won't open up swap areas at the dump (duxbury) . We're still wearing masks outdoors.    

We're going to create a superbug from all of the incessant hand washing (my wife).  There is zero need for hand washing stations at a youth soccer field. 

And don't forget ketchup packets and salt/pepper packets instead of a bottle of ketchup or S/P shakers.  How many covid cases came from touching a ketchup bottle?

1 hour ago, Whineminster said:

J&J vaccine back in action.  The new thing they'll be preaching is "we need to get the world to herd immunity before grandma can take her mask off".....so now we'll all be wearing these diapers on our face to 2025. 

CT is doing away with it at least outdoors starting next week.  Indoor mask mandate remains

I still encounter restaurants that can't/won't sit parties greater than six together, even if the entire party is from one household or family.

Does COVID spread less effectively with 3 at one table and 4 at the other versus 7 all together? It makes no sense.

Little nonsense restrictions like this are still all over the place out there and are getting old now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

i wouldn't have kids and expose them to the hellworld that awaits in the future 

You sound like my grandparents. The past wasn’t always tulips and butterflies. We grew up in a pretty tame decade in the 90s though. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

But then everyone who was jabbed in December will be up for their six month boosters and the cycle will start again. We aren't getting out of this with mass vaccinations, clearly.

Good morning Phineas. It may evolve into the yearly voluntary shot, similar to the flu. Either way I’m sure the P industry will be happy and most folks wanting it, reassured. As always ....

9 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Whineminster laughed at this but can't provide any links to people saying we have to wait until the entire world reaches herd immunity before masks no longer have to be worn.  I know there are some always some fringe people who may say that but I haven't seen any legitimate health authority say this. 

I certainly hope this message never becomes reality, but from the same people who said 2 wks to flatten the curve, anything is possible.

• Like 1

Just now, PhineasC said:

The worst thing that happened to most Millennials in 2020 was that one time the Internet went out and they couldn't order DoorDash. So brave!

Sure ya, I mean, besides the fact my classmates have served in both afghanistan and Iraq after living through 9/11, lost their family homes during the recession, and we're here with you during the pandemic. 

You're a pompous deushbag 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Dont feed the troll. When you look up the definition of internet troll, it has Forky's name on it. :) 

He's a professional.

same routine for the last 10 years on 3 message boards.  You'd think the earth was about to spontaneously combust reading his shtick over the years....

• Weenie 1

15 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I can't find anyone specifically talking about masks, but there is plenty of talk about how the "whole world" needs to be vaccinated before we can return to normal from loud voices in the COVID dialog:

https://ktla.com/news/coronavirus/fauci-global-coronavirus-vaccination-effort-needed-or-this-is-not-going-to-go-away/

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-56123487

https://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/bill-gates-coronavirus-outbreak-vaccine-pandemic

2 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Sure ya, I mean, besides the fact my classmates have served in both afghanistan and Iraq after living through 9/11, lost their family homes during the recession, and we're here with you during the pandemic. 

You're a pompous deushbag 

9/11 and the wars in Iraq/Afghanistan did not occur in 2020.

58 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I went to my cousins wedding on Friday in Staten Island.

Everyone had to show a negative covid test or the vaccine card.

No one wore a mask inside the wedding hall while the reception was going on. It wasn't mandatory.

Philosophically this seems weird to me ... this type of 'requirement,'  to that sort of 'invited setting.'   I mean they invited us - .  It's not our fault these people love each other.  

"Come and admire us in our moment upon the sanctimonious stage.  And in so admiration and arrested in your unworthy awe if it all...  show your adulation by dog tagging yourself with rabies dates.... you unworthy filthy plebes."

Lol... I mean it's not all that of course ...  I don't like the smell of it.  It's like why not wait until the shit settles ...? I mean we're what, 30% full and 60% partially vaccinated in the U.S. ?... Just f'n wait a couple more months.  Don't force it when doing so means there has to be this awkward pall hanging over a reception.  I can see it now...donned in masks, requiring distancing - WTF! Weddings and the afterglow are diametrically against that.  They are supposed to be celebrating      F       V        C        K        I       N       G    ...  I dunno.  Maybe there's a fetish niche for banging with a mask on from six feet away - that'd be a neat trick.

I mean get married in the fall for f sake - it's got to be now ...?  Before we either have herd immunity - don't get me started on the 'herd mentality' ... - or, before these non vax caved in brain boxes have had a chance to die off leaving those immuned to flourish without their idiocy polluting the genomic future of our species.  

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

But then everyone who was jabbed in December will be up for their six month boosters and the cycle will start again. We aren't getting out of this with mass vaccinations, clearly.

Not every American is going to get vaccinated. They should start opening up things soon.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Philosophically this seems weird to me ... this type of 'requirement,'  to that sort of 'invited setting.'   I mean they invited us - .  It's not our fault these people love each other.  

"Come and admire us in our moment upon the sanctimonious stage.  And in so admirating and arrested in your unworth awe if it all...  show your adulation by dog tagging yourself with rabies dates.... you unworthy filthy plebes.

Lol... I mean it's not all that of course ...  I don't like the smell of it.  It's like why not wait until the shit settles ...? I mean we're what, 30% full and 60% partially vaccinated in the U.S. ?... Just f'n wait a couple more months.  Don't force it when doing so means there has to be this awkward pall hanging over a reception.  I can see it now...donned in masks, requiring distancing - WTF! Weddings and the afterglow are diametrically against that.  They are supposed to be celebrated      F       V        C        K        I       N       G    ...  I dunno.  Maybe there's a fetish niche for banging with a mask on from six feet away - that'd be a neat trick.

I mean get married in the fall for f sake - it's got to be now ...?  Before we either have herd immunity - don't get me started on the 'herd mentality' ... - or, before these non vax caved in brain boxes have had a chance to die off leaving and leave those immuned to flourish without their idiocy polluting the genomic future of our species.  

My cousin had a small wedding in December . She wanted have a bigger wedding so last weekend was open.

4 hours ago, amarshall said:

I love reading the covid threads. 

We are in bizarro world now.  We've stopped listening to science.  Restaurants still can't have menus (place I went last night).  Towns won't open up swap areas at the dump (duxbury) . We're still wearing masks outdoors.    

We're going to create a superbug from all of the incessant hand washing (my wife).  There is zero need for hand washing stations at a youth soccer field. 

I love this thread

How many folks have alligator skin Or hands with the consistency of a cat tongue  from putting on hand sanitizer every 15 minutes 

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

I mean why Would they say this , even if it was a possibility? By asking this it would seem someone  is naive to not understand the backlash that would present itself and undermine their whole purpose .

Health authorities are very careful when they communicate messages to the public . Their first Concern is getting the public to CHANGE behavior to something desired quickly .

THAT is why they said 2 weeks to flatten the curve, that would lead to the least resistance . It’s much easier and proven to keep moving goal posts . Some get this or don’t . 

Yes ..this line of thinking May open itself to “crazy” talk but “two weeks to flatten the curve “ was never even meant to be two weeks ...it was meant to be a message to initiate what health authorities deemed a needed and desired change in behavior that would be adopted by most .

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I mean why Would they say this , even if it was a possibility? By asking this it would seem someone  is naive to not understand the backlash that would present itself and undermine their whole purpose .

Health authorities are very careful when they communicate messages to the public . Their first Concern is getting the public to CHANGE behavior to something desired quickly .

THAT is why they said 2 weeks to flatten the curve, that would lead to the least resistance . It’s much easier and proven to keep moving goal posts . Some get this or don’t . 

Yes ..this line of thinking May open itself to “crazy” talk but “two weeks to flatten the curve “ was never even meant to be two weeks ...it was meant to be a message to initiate a needed and desired change in behavior that would be adopted by most .

The public messaging on the rationale for why people should get the vaccine has been terrible. 

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I love this thread

How many folks have alligator skin Or hands with the consistency of a cat tongue  from putting on hand sanitizer every 15 minutes 

I've only put sanitizer on after pumping gas or leaving Hannaford (since it's right in your face when you leave). Other than that I'm sani free.

2 hours ago, dendrite said:

i think a little sickness is a good thing. we need to be able to live with these viruses and build some immunity against them...kinda evolve together. there's a reason why the native americans were hit hard when the europeans came over. maybe the future is eliminating most viruses and updating your body's vaccine software every fall, but until then the occasional test for your immune system isn't a bad thing.

it's like the people who bathe in antibacterial everything. bacteria doesn't have to be a bad thing. we need good bacteria to thrive.

We already do this though. There's still plenty of other viruses and bacteria that we are exposed to and live with on a regular basis. You'd literally have to live in a bubble to not develop proper immunity from exposure. 

• Thanks 1