Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

2nd pfizer

I get some significant immune responses when I get sick. I’ve had the flu a few times in the last 20 years (including H1N1) and my temp usually peaks between 103-104.5 for a couple days. 

You were sick as hell too when COVID hit, but I guess you had the regular flu instead right?

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You were sick as hell too when COVID hit, but I guess you had the regular flu instead right?

Yeah I guess...that had different symptoms. The fever didn’t bother me much like this did...I just fluctuated 98-100°. I don’t think that was the flu though. That was definitely a weird week and I’ll always wonder if I had it or not.

Just now, dendrite said:

Yeah I guess...that had different symptoms. The fever didn’t bother me much like this did...I just fluctuated 98-100°. I don’t think that was the flu though. That was definitely a weird week and I’ll always wonder if I had it or not.

I wonder if those who had it  but didn't know are the ones who experience the bad symptoms. So odd

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

I wonder if those who had it  but didn't know are the ones who experience the bad symptoms. So odd

Either they had covid 19 or some other coronavirus and the first dose triggered a reaction due to t-cell memory? I know so many people that had no reaction to the first and only some fatigue with the 2nd. I just had my first on Wednesday, this morning is the first time I have felt "normal", headache and fatigue the past couple of days. Can't wait for my second one, yuck...

My 84 year old grandmother with multiple comorbidities had no reaction to either of the doses. 

I understand the older you are, the weaker your immune system is, but you would expect some sort of reaction on the second dose...

Either they had covid 19 or some other coronavirus and the first dose triggered a reaction due to t-cell memory? I know so many people that had no reaction to the first and only some fatigue with the 2nd. I just had my first on Wednesday, this morning is the first time I have felt "normal", headache and fatigue the past couple of days. Can't wait for my second one, yuck...

My 84 year old grandmother with multiple comorbidities had no reaction to either of the doses. 

I understand the older you are, the weaker your immune system is, but you would expect some sort of reaction on the second dose...

Yeah it's strange. I'm 46 and other than a sore arm, I didn't have any noticeable reaction to either Moderna dose.

10 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Damn. I am curious as to why some get crushed by the vaccine and others like the experience I had feel fine. My wife got tired but that is all but she also had a long shift that day. Interesting 

Kind of like COVID itself-some get no symptoms others are seriously ill or die.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wait 103 million 1918 575k deaths

330 million 575k deaths 2021

They don't mention that in that article only claim excess deaths.

Its just the increase year over year of excess deaths from the preceding years. 1917 to 1918 and 2019 to 2020 year over year 12% vs 16%. Still a pretty valid statistic comparing 100 years ago. 

Adjustments must be made for the differences in population size of the United States in 1918 compared to 2020. Additionally, as health care and public health measures have improved, the population’s lifespan has risen. As a result, the per capita death rates for the two periods are substantially different, which adds complexity to these comparisons. Nevertheless, the 16 percent increase in the death rate in 2020 from preceding year, compared to the 12 percent jump during the 1918 Spanish flu pandemic, is staggering.

The second dose of Moderna totally destroyed me. Fever, aches, chills, headache, nausea. Didn't even crawl out of bed until noon the day after. I have friends the same age as me who had little to no reaction. I don't understand what causes such different reactions between similar people. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, DomNH said:

The second dose of Moderna totally destroyed me. Fever, aches, chills, headache, nausea. Didn't even crawl out of bed until noon the day after. I have friends the same age as me who had little to no reaction. I don't understand what causes such different reactions between similar people. 

One of the studies also compared the frequency of adverse reactions after the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in 231 people who had either previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, or never been exposed to it. It found that symptoms such as pain or swelling at the injection site were similar in both groups of patients, but whole-body reactions, such as fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and muscle or joint pains, were more frequently reported by those who had recovered from COVID-19.

This fits with data from the ZOE COVID Symptom Study, which encourages participants to log their daily symptoms via a smartphone app, and has more than four million contributors globally. It found that people who have had a previous COVID-19 infection were almost twice as likely to experience one or more mild, whole-body reactions from a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, compared to those who hadn't previously tested positive.

26 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Bingo!  and I sympathize - jesus... wtf.

My parents are 75 and 80 respectively. One is a walking time bomb of comorbidities, the other maybe mild hypertension but has fully recovered from heart attacks 20 years ago...  So, typical aging American stock and circumstance.

Two shots.  Nothing...

My co-worker got two shots ... nothing.

But my buddy who actually had Covid-19, and was put in the hospital on a banana bag IV and monitored for three days, ... released and since recovered, gets the vaccine anyway and it ko'ed him and put him back in the ER with 103 fever - borderline dain-bramage temperatures.  My sister ... 42 and healthy .. zippo co-m's ... ends up couched for two days and pissed off: "they f'n just gave me covid, that what! "

There's no pattern there.  Is it maybe Pfifer is friendlier...   ??  Is this just a moderna thing - If so, f Moderna

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

One of the studies also compared the frequency of adverse reactions after the first dose of either the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine in 231 people who had either previously tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, or never been exposed to it. It found that symptoms such as pain or swelling at the injection site were similar in both groups of patients, but whole-body reactions, such as fatigue, headache, chills, fever, and muscle or joint pains, were more frequently reported by those who had recovered from COVID-19.

This fits with data from the ZOE COVID Symptom Study, which encourages participants to log their daily symptoms via a smartphone app, and has more than four million contributors globally. It found that people who have had a previous COVID-19 infection were almost twice as likely to experience one or more mild, whole-body reactions from a dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, compared to those who hadn't previously tested positive.

Oh cool Steve!

Yeah this is more than less what I was hoping... What are the 'correlations' <-- suggestions therein/from... etc.. .

20 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I never had it or was exposed that I know of, but damn, that thing knocked me on my ass. Who knows.

25 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I never had it or was exposed that I know of, but damn, that thing knocked me on my ass. Who knows.

it's funny ..I was just asking this question in my mind and I'm wondering ....

there may be a lot more self resolved incidences, just not detected?   It was dubbed in the early months of this thing as "self-resolved" .. kind of a catch-all for those that may be 'walking covid-cases'.

I mean it's Just a thought -   ...anyone that has had a sniffle and mild sinus headache that resolved inside of 2 or 3 days of it, but not so harsh that they'd even remember ...let alone suspect it as part of the C-19 ...may have actually had it.  Or, some were asymptomatic, but maybe they were still going through some sort of partial immune adaptation that is incomplete.. wouldn't these 'walking' cases qualify ? 

I think I had this a year ago... It was a month before the WHO released their reunion album ...oh, I mean, a month before it was formally declared 'run for you lives!' ... But I've talked to enough checked out doctors off clock and enough pharmacists in passing, as well as the siege of anecdotal accounts.  I suspect that declaration point in time is arbitrary and doesn't say shit about whether people were getting this perhaps 2 years ago - China's even been exposed as having had this in circulation longer... It seems there's some nebular clarity on what the real front side origin and timing really was.  And since I work indirectly to the UMass Medical Community/Universities ... that's a potential vector - ..blah blah..  But I was sticken for 5 to 6 days... the middle 3 days of which were fever, dry cough, fatigue.. last of apatite ... One day of wet cough..but then on the 5th day ...fever broke and the cough went away suddenly ... I was a running and in shape ( still am..) so, .. it was a weird infection and unusual for me.  And the symptom spectrum/sequence was covid incarnate.  

Nope... doesn't get to be covid because it was  month early - f.u.

1 hour ago, DomNH said:

How was the first one? I had my first Tuesday and slept until 11am the next day, not looking forward to number 2.

4 hours ago, Spanks45 said:

I had it last year and the 1st dose of Moderna hit me hard

Crazy how convenient it is that the media is reporting the ‘flu’ is bringing India to its knees. Basically decimating their entire medical infrastructure. A million may die before August.

Ive heard from people around this happens every year but the lamestream media just chooses not to report on it.

• Weenie 2