Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Just now, BrianW said:

I didn't realize how much Pfizer's Groton CT location was involved in the vaccine. Its their largest research facility according to this article. Had no clue they employ 2600 and have been manufacturing the lipids for the vaccine.

https://www.theday.com/article/20210313/NWS01/210319722

Yup. And their facility in...Andover? Wilmington? I forget...right on 93 had a lot to do with it. 

And Moderna of course is from Cambridge and the J&J vax was largely done in Mass as well. 

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... it’s definitely a weird move to harp on the minute amount of break through infections. And to put a sinister spin on it like this wasn’t supposed to happen.

People who do get the breakthrough almost never get sick enough to require hospitalization. My uncle is in his late 60s and said he has a stuffy nose, that’s it.

That’s what it’s supposed to do to. If you get infected, it’s very mild. To me, the vaccine did its job.

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah... it’s definitely a weird move to harp on the minute amount of break through infections. And to put a sinister spin on it like this wasn’t supposed to happen.

People who do get the breakthrough almost never get sick enough to require hospitalization. My uncle is in his late 60s and said he has a stuffy nose, that’s it.

It’s just to get the Karen’s going . The media is a cesspool that spins anything to generate the most Emotion / clicks . 

42 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't buy at all that suicides were down. Unless there are some peer reviewed studies with hardcore statistics that is a crock of crap. Numerous stories of people calling hotlines for help and not being able to get help and ending up taking their lives. Hell for those who had been doing meetings (such as AA, or psychologists, therapists, etc) there were no in-person meetings (obviously across some parts of the country where restrictions were less there were), or it was impossible to get a meeting. for those with mental health conditions this has been absolute hell and torture.

I can't find the article but in CT more children committed suicide in just the month on November 2020 than all of 2019. When the stats come out its going to be alarming. 

Another article said 40 children are waiting everyday to get iinto the Yale Psychiatric Children's hospital with sever mental issues including suicide.

• Sad 2

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yup. And their facility in...Andover? Wilmington? I forget...right on 93 had a lot to do with it. 

And Moderna of course is from Cambridge and the J&J vax was largely done in Mass as well. 

It’s right on the Wilmington/Andover line. Can see it from 93.

49 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't buy at all that suicides were down. Unless there are some peer reviewed studies with hardcore statistics that is a crock of crap. Numerous stories of people calling hotlines for help and not being able to get help and ending up taking their lives. Hell for those who had been doing meetings (such as AA, or psychologists, therapists, etc) there were no in-person meetings (obviously across some parts of the country where restrictions were less there were), or it was impossible to get a meeting. for those with mental health conditions this has been absolute hell and torture.

The pandemic has caused so many mental health issues. It’s just starting to come out. I think the next year will be tough for many to adjust. 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The pandemic has caused so many mental health issues. It’s just starting to come out. I think the next year will be tough for many to adjust. 

My school has contracted with numerous mental health agencies to help with this as best as we can. They have some counselors set up in the room next to mine.  

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

My school has contracted with numerous mental health agencies to help with this as best as we can. They have some counselors set up in the room next to mine.  

I’m actually excited to get back to some normalcy. Mentally I’m happy for that. I just can’t wait for beaches, vacation, lake etc. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Eek got his 2nd 10 mins before I arrived and apparently his symptoms mimic mine...chills overnight and a 101° temp during the day.

When I bailed out of work on Wednesday at noon, I got to about Natick and had to turn on the heated seat and crank the heat to 80. Blanket and a heating pad on the couch when I got home. 

3 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

When I bailed out of work on Wednesday at noon, I got to about Natick and had to turn on the heated seat and crank the heat to 80. Blanket and a heating pad on the couch when I got home. 

After the reaction to my first that's what I'm expecting for my second, as long as it only last a day or two I'm good.

1 hour ago, BrianW said:

I didn't realize how much Pfizer's Groton CT location was involved in the vaccine. Its their largest research facility according to this article. Had no clue they employ 2600 and have been manufacturing the lipids for the vaccine.

https://www.theday.com/article/20210313/NWS01/210319722

The research side is like a college campus. The manufacturing side was a hellhole.

3 hours ago, White Rain said:

Who created this narrative in your view and what does it mean?  Should we encourage lock downs in pandemics to decrease suicide rates? Locking people in their homes is good for their health? 

FWIW, increased suicides from the pandemic was the prevailing view from medical experts, not some conspiracy theory.

the narrative was created by some of your fellow posters in this thread and others.  ask them.  this is what they predicted.  they said people would be jumping off buildings because dine-in wasn't available at denny's.  i always thought that was laughable but now the data backs me up.

2 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

as i predicted, people would come out with their personal anecdotes to affirm their debunked narrative.