• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

well, look at this.  suicides decreased across most countries during the heart of the lockdowns last spring.  united states saw about a 10% decrease.  one of the largest drops in 20 years in fact.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/04/24/surprisingly-suicide-has-become-rarer-during-the-pandemic

i fully expect a rash of "wait 6 more months" or some other anecdotal stories to counter-refute this, but suffice to say -- another narrative has been busted.

Just now, White Rain said:

Who created this narrative in your view and what does it mean?  Should we encourage lock downs in pandemics to decrease suicide rates? Locking people in their homes is good for their health? 

FWIW, increased suicides from the pandemic was the prevailing view from medical experts, not some conspiracy theory.

He is a recluse I think. Suicides are a lagging indicator. 

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

Wonder if some of these harsher side effects are all due to the high vax dose and/or the carrier lipids.

Interesting question. My first thought was the high dose of mRNA in the Moderna vax compared to Pfizer. The anecdotal info I saw was that Moderna caused the most issue after the second dose. But, I'm starting to see the Pfizer vax with just as many anecdotal stories. The fever and other side effects after the second dose scream neutrophil involvement and cytokine release so it could be a localized poly effect from the liposome. 

1 hour ago, fujiwara79 said:

well, look at this.  suicides decreased across most countries during the heart of the lockdowns last spring.  united states saw about a 10% decrease.  one of the largest drops in 20 years in fact.

https://www.economist.com/graphic-detail/2021/04/24/surprisingly-suicide-has-become-rarer-during-the-pandemic

i fully expect a rash of "wait 6 more months" or some other anecdotal stories to counter-refute this, but suffice to say -- another narrative has been busted.

Suicides were down compared to the two years before. I was told everyone was jumping off bridges everywhere. 

Scheduled for me first dose next Friday ...

I know 6 people that are completed.  And everyone of them experienced different severity, ranging from nothing to couched and pissed off for two days, but all report no affect by the first of the two. 

Who knows - based upon that it seems it's an utter crap shoot

I don't buy at all that suicides were down. Unless there are some peer reviewed studies with hardcore statistics that is a crock of crap. Numerous stories of people calling hotlines for help and not being able to get help and ending up taking their lives. Hell for those who had been doing meetings (such as AA, or psychologists, therapists, etc) there were no in-person meetings (obviously across some parts of the country where restrictions were less there were), or it was impossible to get a meeting. for those with mental health conditions this has been absolute hell and torture.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I don't buy at all that suicides were down. Unless there are some peer reviewed studies with hardcore statistics that is a crock of crap. Numerous stories of people calling hotlines for help and not being able to get help and ending up taking their lives. Hell for those who had been doing meetings (such as AA, or psychologists, therapists, etc) there were no in-person meetings (obviously across some parts of the country where restrictions were less there were), or it was impossible to get a meeting. for those with mental health conditions this has been absolute hell and torture.

Here is one but it is from just one state (Mass) and early on in the pandemic. I would not take much from it. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2775359

Just now, Lava Rock said:

I know these types of stories are rare, but I've heard more breakthrough stories lately, mainly from msm. I try not to watch but it's their new click bait fear stories.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah... it’s definitely a weird move to harp on the minute amount of break through infections. And to put a sinister spin on it like this wasn’t supposed to happen.

People who do get the breakthrough almost never get sick enough to require hospitalization. My uncle is in his late 60s and said he has a stuffy nose, that’s it.