Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Checked in here for some fire works but pretty calm ....

Stock markets have been flying but took a quick dive this afternoon when the Prez released some details of his plan to double the capital gains tax haha.  The word is anything that actually passes will be watered down a bit but ...the final number could definitely put this rally on a plateau, who knows ....where else will folks get their 8-10% annual return

The Global Chip Shortage looks to be the worst in 30 years and this is going to close more and more manufacturers in the short term as these shortages make completion of finished goods (including many cars) impossible. 

We're headed into a recession.....we bumbled along through COVID via stimulus and cheap money, but eventually all the shut downs and work stoppages will be an issue.  Supply chains are still f'd. Anyone been by dealer lots lately???? There's like no cars due to the chippies. 

Also headed into a crypto winter I think....even a Bitcoin ETF won't save is now. 

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Me either. Knock themselves out. Just don’t ask me too

Same here. Its interesting to see where people are wearing masks at this point. In my circle there has been practically no mask wearing all along unless in a store obviously. Most of us are all vaccinated now. Feeling much better now than earlier today. The stiffness and fever has pretty much gone. Surprised how quickly its cleared up 

6 hours ago, UnitedWx said:

. Feeling much better now than earlier today. The stiffness and fever has pretty much gone. Surprised how quickly its cleared up 

Same here. I just got up and slept really well last night. I feel like normal this morning. My arm is almost normal feeling too. The innate immune responses rages for about 24 hours then that’s it.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Same here. I just got up and slept really well last night. I feel like normal this morning. My arm is almost normal feeling too. The innate immune responses rages for about 24 hours then that’s it.

Its going to be interesting to see the studies why some had innate immune response while others had none.

I woke up this morning shivering and teeth chattering. Got out of bed with a lot of aches and checked my temp...100F. Went to work anyway since I know it's just an immune response to the vax. Can't raise my right arm above my head either. Other than that, we good. lol

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I woke up this morning shivering and teeth chattering. Got out of bed with a lot of aches and checked my temp...100F. Went to work anyway since I know it's just an immune response to the vax. Can't raise my right arm above my head either. Other than that, we good. lol

Awww, you and Eek are Fauci Ouchie buddies

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, dendrite said:

They don't make lyrics like this anymore.

Hey yo fat girl, come here...are you ticklish?
Yeah, I called you fat
Look at me, I'm skinny

Nope, goes along with another set of rhymes that is epic:

Take it off the rack, if it's whack, put it back.

I like the Whopper so **** the Big Mac.

• Haha 1

Was that because you saw the GFS for next week?

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Is this your second? What brand?

4 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Just had my first Pfizer on Wednesday, 24-36 hrs of fatigue and headache...took a long nap yesterday, woke up today feeling pretty good....should be interesting to see what my adaptive response is, seems like us "younger" folk are having more side effects from the first dose

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Derivatives market is leveraged out at over $600 trillion but don’t worry everybody it will be fine.  

Just stay tuned to the score of the game and whatever your favorite pop culture icon has done and everything will be OK. 

Really got into finance a few months ago but I'd bet Archegos was the tip of the iceberg and I'd bet many funds have engaged in similar crazy leveraging practices. Seems like cryptos  (e.g., Doge) and penny stocks being pumped and dumped to raise $ in ways only whales can (e.g., CXC was $0.01 mid February and hit $3200 earlier this week). Banks are claiming all is well, selling tons of bonds, and closing locations (e.g., BoA). Bread and circus like the Roman Empire to distract.

Goalies - I'm all in on Swayman and he will probably have "sophomore slump" in the next year or two.

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

Just had my first Pfizer on Wednesday, 24-36 hrs of fatigue and headache...took a long nap yesterday, woke up today feeling pretty good....should be interesting to see what my adaptive response is, seems like us "younger" folk are having more side effects from the first dose

I'm an older guy and had same symptons

• Like 1

Seriously when will this gender reveal nonsense stop?

https://www.wcax.com/2021/04/23/explosion-at-gender-reveal-party-rocks-several-towns/

Police say the source of an explosion in New Hampshire that rocked several towns and could be felt as far away as Massachusetts was a gender reveal party.

Kingston police said they responded to reports of a large explosion at a quarry on Tuesday.

When they arrived, police interviewed people who said they were having a gender reveal party and felt the quarry would be a safe spot to hold the event.

NBC 10 Boston reports that residents in several neighboring towns could hear the explosion and thought it was an earthquake. Some reported property damage.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9503111/Gender-reveal-party-explosion-rocks-US-towns.html

Residents complained that the foundations to their homes were damaged after a family set off 80lbs of explosives at a nearby quarry on Tuesday evening around 7pm.

Cops in Kingston, a New Hampshire town not far from the Massachusetts border, received a flurry of 911 calls from terrified homeowners after shockwaves rattled properties within a 20-mile radius of the Torromeo quarry.

17 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Really got into finance a few months ago but I'd bet Archegos was the tip of the iceberg and I'd bet many funds have engaged in similar crazy leveraging practices. Seems like cryptos  (e.g., Doge) and penny stocks being pumped and dumped to raise $ in ways only whales can (e.g., CXC was $0.01 mid February and hit $3200 earlier this week). Banks are claiming all is well, selling tons of bonds, and closing locations (e.g., BoA). Bread and circus like the Roman Empire to distract.

Goalies - I'm all in on Swayman and he will probably have "sophomore slump" in the next year or two.

The market is nuts. Historical valuation extremes, record margin debt, huge inflationary moves in commodities, ridiculous year over year price appreciation in real estate. More and eyebrow raising things coming to light every day. See the $100 million deli in Jersey, or the guy who made a crypto coin called SCAM the other day that immediately became worth $70 million. This sort of speculative excess rarely fizzles without a bang. No idea what the catalyst would be, or if there even needs to be one at this point, but even an '87 style crash wouldn't surprise me at this point. Paper thin liquidity and massive margin debt and record long positioning could be quite spectacular in reverse. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Don't know old ppl rap 

28 minutes ago, HimoorWx said:

Wow, quite Dylanesque!

Yo ladies, oh how I like to hump thee
And all the rappers in the top ten--please allow me to bump thee
I'm steppin' tall, y'all
And just like Humpty Dumpty
You're gonna fall when the stereos pump me
I like to rhyme
I like my beats funky