• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Yeah, I mean I’m neither. I don’t wear a mask unless I have to. Just saying it’s crazy that people could be divided on something like that, makes me sad for our country.

I didn't mean to imply people will be divided forever, just that were in a weird transition period where clearly there are strong feelings and opinions on either side and for that, I feel a bit sad as well. We'll get past it, but it's going to take time.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I know the Saturn Vs were super expensive to fly. Plus you would need a crew to assemble it.  They would need a vehicle

aboard that would allow that. Skylab didn’t need much assembly 

But I agree with your overall assessment 

Skylab was a boondoggle. I guess it did show we could put a station up. Other than that it was basically a failure. I remember when it crashed and burned. 

Just now, Bostonseminole said:

Me lol

:lmao: 

Swayman has been super impressive. He's likely the goalie of the future. I'm hoping the Bruins resign Rask for 2 years and have Swayman back up...they go like a 45-37 split and after two years it's all Swayman. I think that's doable b/c I think Rask wants to continue...but he's not looking for a long-term deal. And while you never want a young goalie backing up...a 45-37 split gives him plenty of action. I think Vladar will be used as trade bait...the Sabres wanted him for Hall but Hall kinda screwed Buffalo for their return by saying he wanted to go to Boston and Boston only 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I haven’t come down with any type of cold since Spring 2019. I usually get one bad one a year that knocks me out for at least a few days. 

Yup, same here.  It's awesome. I'm not scared of covid-19, but it's been awesome not getting sick so anyone who says the mask wearing and social distancing don't work apparently don't have eyes or brains that can put 2 and 2 together. 

• Like 3

Just now, Whineminster said:

mask wearing and social distancing don't work apparently don't have eyes or brains that can put 2 and 2 together. 

More likely viral interference at work. Viruses don’t like to infect cells that have been infected, or are infected by other viruses. There’s been so much Covid circulating that cold and flu viruses haven’t been able to find many hosts, so the R0 has been non existent. 
Theres been 32 million cases of Covid in the US. We’ve been masking and social distancing for a year. If those two mitigation measures were what’s causing the decrease in cold and flu, it would have been more effective against Covid. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bostonseminole said:

You know wearing masks in Asia is normal when you are sick or during winter months? They’ve survived.. even I did when I lived there.

Apparently not all are surviving.

BREAKING: Japanese government declares state of emergency in Tokyo, Osaka, Hyogo, and Kyoto due to coronavirus

I always get a fall cold and a spring cold, and neither materialized, so there is definitely some factor at play. 

I think not being at my office mingling with employees or at work-related social functions all the time definitely played a role.

It's probably a very complex mix of factors that will vary person-to-person, but there seems to be no doubt there has been a change in what sicknesses people are getting.

I do wonder how many people had a cold or flu and went to get a COVID test because they assumed it was COVID, and therefore just the positive COVID result was recorded. Probably a decent number of people. Normally, people don't get flu or cold tests (not sure a test for the various viruses that cause the latter even exists?). The CDC numbers are always estimates for those illnesses. The CDC admitted they halted monitoring for the flu in 2020 entirely anyway. I definitely think there is more to come on the flu and cold story.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Jury still out on Tuukka's back, I don't think its as good as the B's would like you to think, Could see a 3 way goalie rotation.

ehhh IDK...he looked amazing in his shutout...he made some solid saves and had great left-to-right movement. I just think the game he re-injured himself...he made a huge stretched out save which probably tweaked it...I don't think it was a case of him coming back too soon. He probably only start 3 more times before the playoffs. There will also be a good 7-10 day before playoffs start I think while they do the make up games.

Thinking about the situations in India and Brazil and reading about really the failure of a global vaccine distribution system that is equitable and if we were as serious about globalizing capitalism as public health we would be in a better place globally although locally much less so.

Can’t help but think that has to start bleeding X% off of global GDP for the foreseeable future. Especially hard hit being developing/ emerging economies. EM has been weak since feb... but this thought hasn’t bled into those markets yet- I don’t think. The virus is the economy. Big bet has to be on U.S. markets to dominate the rest of the world performance wise for the foreseeable future.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

ehhh IDK...he looked amazing in his shutout...he made some solid saves and had great left-to-right movement. I just think the game he re-injured himself...he made a huge stretched out save which probably tweaked it...I don't think it was a case of him coming back too soon. He probably only start 3 more times before the playoffs. There will also be a good 7-10 day before playoffs start I think while they do the make up games.

Apparently, You didn't hear his interview........lol, It wouldn't have given you the warm and fuzzies that everything is ok.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Apparently, You didn't hear his interview........lol, It wouldn't have given you the warm and fuzzies that everything is ok.

I did not...will have to try and find and listen 

Just now, DotRat_Wx said:

Is Halak still nursing his injury? Im not sure what it was

He tested positive for COVID. Not sure if he ever exhibited symptoms but the Bruins took their time bringing him back to the active roster. I think he came off the COVID list this past weekend. Basically Bruins are doing a rotation of starter/backup through the rest of the season. 

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I did not...will have to try and find and listen 

He tested positive for COVID. Not sure if he ever exhibited symptoms but the Bruins took their time bringing him back to the active roster. I think he came off the COVID list this past weekend. Basically Bruins are doing a rotation of starter/backup through the rest of the season. 

He said its something he will have to manage and he's not going to push it but he would be fine.

22 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This guy is usually bearish, i think just generally skeptical of valuations.  https://northmantrader.com/2021/04/21/has-the-bubble-already-popped/

Derivatives market is leveraged out at over $600 trillion but don’t worry everybody it will be fine.  

Just stay tuned to the score of the game and whatever your favorite pop culture icon has done and everything will be OK. 

• Like 1