Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Had my second Phizer shot yesterday afternoon. The first one was just a sore arm. With yesterdays shot I felt fine earlier this morning...now I'm falling asleep at my desk with that out of body lightheaded starting to get a cold feeling and the arm is sore again. No sore throat or nasal issues though (except flowers and trees having sex in my nose) Time to go home and nap

That will be me next Friday I guess. Hopefully just lasts the one day. 

3 minutes ago, radarman said:

I think you could make the case that a hesitance to ingest unknown substances is biologically defensible.

We knew within weeks J&j caused blood clots. OK. I wouldn't want it either. But we're so far along with mrna. I haven't heard of any downfalls. We're months in now. I don't know man. 

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

20210422_123128.jpg

For what it's worth I've been in the DFW area all week and even without mask requirements for quite a while now, the vast majority of folks are wearing them inside retail stores, entering/exiting restaurants and coffee shops, inside hotel lobbies and businesses, universities, etc.  Only when you get far afield of the populated areas do you see masks disappearing.  So even if the requirement goes away the masks will probably remain.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

How long did it last? Most say its a 24 hour thing.  My brother had covid about 2 months ago just had the shot and felt like hell for a week.

I got my second on Tuesday. I had the same experience yesterday as you have today. I still feel a little stiff and lethargic, but I'm 100% better. I figure by tomorrow ill be fine. So yea, 24 hours

27 minutes ago, UnitedWx said:

Had my second Phizer shot yesterday afternoon. The first one was just a sore arm. With yesterdays shot I felt fine earlier this morning...now I'm falling asleep at my desk with that out of body lightheaded starting to get a cold feeling and the arm is sore again. No sore throat or nasal issues though (except flowers and trees having sex in my nose) Time to go home and nap

That's what happened to me after first shot, think I slept 10 hours that night.

4 minutes ago, radarman said:

For what it's worth I've been in the DFW area all week and even without mask requirements for quite a while now, the vast majority of folks are wearing them inside retail stores, entering/exiting restaurants and coffee shops, inside hotel lobbies and businesses, universities, etc.  Only when you get far afield of the populates areas do you see masks disappearing.  So even if the requirement goes away the masks will probably remain.

I noticed that when I was in Florida last week for vacation.   Most had masks indoors.    It was odd to see bars operating normally-been a long time for that...

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, radarman said:

For what it's worth I've been in the DFW area all week and even without mask requirements for quite a while now, the vast majority of folks are wearing them inside retail stores, entering/exiting restaurants and coffee shops, inside hotel lobbies and businesses, universities, etc.  

It'll take awhile for the PTSD and conditioning to subside. :)

The "why not" argument is especially gross when applied to young kids. 

Young kids? I thought it was 16 plus?
I actually asked my 16 yr daughter if she wanted the shot, since she already had covid I said no rush.. she said why not? Get it done and move on, I like her attitude. My 18 yr can make his own decisions but he was also fine to get it. I don’t feel anyone is pressuring young adults to get it, they said most of their friends are 50/50, even if parents go it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Young kids? I thought it was 16 plus?
I actually asked my 16 yr daughter if she wanted the shot, since she already had covid I said no rush.. she said why not? Get it done and move on, I like her attitude. My 18 yr can make his own decisions but he was also fine to get it. I don’t feel anyone is pressuring young adults to get it, they said most of their friends are 50/50, even if parents go it.

yep ultimately it's up to parents/kids to make the decision and everyone's situation is unique.   We're getting our 12 yr olds vaxx when it comes so they can see their grandfather who is a cancer patient and also gets rid of school quarantines if they were exposed....that's right for us, but not be right for others...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, White Rain said:

They are testing on kids now, there have been several articles on this. There are also many cases where pregnant women have taken the shots, or been pressured to get the shots. My wife recently gave birth and one of the doctors at the hospital was pushing her to get it (not hers), although it wasn’t even available to her if she wanted it at the time. 

I think a 16 year old is old enough to make the choice themselves. That being said it doesn’t mean they are neccesarily educated on the pros and cons of doing so.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/25/covid-vaccine-pfizer-begins-trial-on-infants-and-young-kids.html

Congratulations!

Yeah ...I've been joking among various sphere's  - hopefully where inappropriate and as fear mongering as possible to poke the yellow-jacket's nest of paranoia ... - that the nano-bot administration sequence of the operation is almost complete ... 

' Excellent.  EXcellent.  They'll make wonderful drones when we flip the switch '

• Haha 1

Looking to check out some new breweries within an hour of my house here in central MA this weekend

Sadly, some tap rooms are not currently operating, so this is the list I have compiled:

Element in Miller's Falls

True West - Acton

Tackle Box - Marlboro

Sterling Street - Clinton

Redemption Rock - Worcester

Pioneer Valley - Turners Falls (not sure if they have a taproom open...)

Lost Shoe - Marlboro

Hitchcock - Bernardston

Ground Effect - Hudson

Flying Dreams - Marlboro

Altruist - Sturbridge

Anyone have any recommendations from this list or others?

11 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And that list is places we have not visited yet... and they are only in Mass...  NH has some possibilities as well (Keene, NH, I'm looking at you!)

On the way to Keene, West LA (Lower Ashuelot) Brewery isn't much to look at but the beer is good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, radarman said:

I think you could make the case that a hesitance to ingest unknown substances is biologically defensible.

go read the ingredients for most of the preservative-laden or chemical-laden food items in the grocery store.  or any type of fast food.  you're ingesting "unknown substances" every day.  lots of cognitive dissonance with this particular argument.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Looking to check out some new breweries within an hour of my house here in central MA this weekend

Sadly, some tap rooms are not currently operating, so this is the list I have compiled:

Element in Miller's Falls

True West - Acton

Tackle Box - Marlboro

Sterling Street - Clinton

Redemption Rock - Worcester

Pioneer Valley - Turners Falls (not sure if they have a taproom open...)

Lost Shoe - Marlboro

Hitchcock - Bernardston

Ground Effect - Hudson

Flying Dreams - Marlboro

Altruist - Sturbridge

Anyone have any recommendations from this list or others?

I'd avoid True West in Acton. I think their beer (and food) is mediocre. Cool place to have if you lived in Acton, but not worth travelling for. 

In Keene, I think ModestMan has both great beer and a great ambience. Also in Keene is Branch and Blade-the ambience isn't as good (it's in an industrial park) but the beer is quite good and they've got a nice outdoor setup if the weather is nice.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

go read the ingredients for most of the preservative-laden or chemical-laden food items in the grocery store.  or any type of fast food.  you're ingesting "unknown substances" every day.  lots of cognitive dissonance with this particular argument.

My personal dietary habits that you have no clue about aside, should one not also be worried about these things in food?