Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

As long as folks run or get moderate cardiac exercise of some type 4-5 days per week and stick to 1200 calories of food intake per day , they can drink as much beer as they want. The weight gain isn’t from the beer, it’s from too much food , and not enough caloric burning by being sedentary 

Ha wow I say this as someone who drinks way more then I should,  but also runs 3 miles a day and consistently snowboards/surf/skateboards that this comment is the biggest load of BS. Do you have any idea how many high functioning alcholics are out there? I’m sorry, I enjoy your posts normally, but you are delusional if you think you can drink as many beers as you want without consequences. It defies science and the  anatomy of our body. 

15 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I love Barefoot Pinot Grigio...haven't had it though it a few years. Actually I think the last time I had it was at a New Years Party like 3 years ago when I drank a 1.75mL bottle in 75 minutes...yeah that was a mistake

Try out Josh cab or pinot noir for red. Rose is also the best summer drink ever if you are man enough to not feel the toxic masculinity inside of you hating yourself for doing it lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Try out Josh cab or pinot noir for red. Rose is also the best summer drink ever if you are man enough to not feel the toxic masculinity inside of you hating yourself for doing it lol 

I'll give it a shot. I prefer white wine over red...one of my friends used to always call me out on it lol (like WTF cares). 

37 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Alcohol is so bad. I tend to drink too much. You can tell by my posts. 

But no seriously, only socially. I got a whoop fitness tracker. And when I drink, boy it's disturbing to see what it does to sleep. 

My wife has a fitbit that tracks her heart rate and it's quite disturbing what alcohol does to it. Its very common for people to report with fit bits their standing heart rates will increase 3-6 bpm for a day or two after drinking.

1 hour ago, Brian5671 said:

I stopped drinking during the week for the most part-just makes me tired and I need to get the household stuff done after the kids go to bed.....

This.  I rarely drink during the week... Even one beer I just feel blahh the next day.  Weekends I let loose occasionally.

27 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Ha wow I say this as someone who drinks way more then I should,  but also runs 3 miles a day and consistently snowboards/surf/skateboards that this comment is the biggest load of BS. Do you have any idea how many high functioning alcholics are out there? I’m sorry, I enjoy your posts normally, but you are delusional if you think you can drink as many beers as you want without consequences. It defies science and the  anatomy of our body. 

I knew a guy who could blow a 0.1 -0.15, 24/7. You’d never know he was drunk. 

2 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Beer just makes me sleepy. I can drink one and be out. I can drink 4-5 mixed drinks and I’m fine. Tipsy but not sleepy. 

Beer does that to me now too. I have zero clue how I could drink 10-15+ Miller Lites at one point. I drink 1-2 beers now and I'm fine. One Saturday or Sunday a month I'll go to brunch in either Bethal or Danbury for bottomless mimosas...talk about getting put to sleep. 

32 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Beer just makes me sleepy. I can drink one and be out. I can drink 4-5 mixed drinks and I’m fine. Tipsy but not sleepy. 

I never drink.

At my wedding I let loose, a lot. I had about 15 Guinness's, mix in a few bud lights, various shots of this and that. My buddies couldn’t believe I walked out of the venue at 1 in the morning and woke up feeling half decent the next day.

Little do they know I threw up in the shower while the room spun at 100 miles an hour all night.

• Haha 3

19 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’ve never tried a hard seltzer. I like seltzer water. Those flavored  Bubly drinks have no sugar or artificial sweetener. I drink those more than soda. Too much soda is bad. All that corn syrup. 
I see people buying that White Claw. Maybe I should try it. 

That's all I drink besides straight water a couple bottles a day.

21 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I’ve never tried a hard seltzer. I like seltzer water. Those flavored  Bubly drinks have no sugar or artificial sweetener. I drink those more than soda. Too much soda is bad. All that corn syrup. 

Very few carbs and it cuts to the chase post haste.

I have GERD and am a touch hypoglycemic. I’m better off eating several small portions a day. I usually eat 5 times a day, but stick with 2000-2500 a day. I’ve tried 1200 a day but I can’t do it. I can do 1500 if I need to, but it’s hard to break it up enough to keep enough in my stomach so I do t have to eat tums 3 times a day or take a PPI once day. Which I hate to do more than 4 weeks at a time. 
Getting old sux

I’ve actually been around 1500-1800 per day for about 1 month now, it’s not easy to do when family and friends eating all day (teenagers)

35 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Try High Noon. The best.

33 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Ok. This is now a sore beeyotch. Holy crap. 5 hours later with this one is as sore as it was the whole time with the first one. Nothing I can’t deal with, but damn. 

Was at a meeting last night, And a buddy of mine that had got his first moderna shot 2 weeks ago said his arm had hurt real bad for 4 days where he got the injection and the pain went up into his neck, He's debating on if he will get the second one or not that's how bad it was for him.

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

I drink my fair share of IPAs, mostly during the summer and my cholesterol takes a hit by the Fall. Any alcohol isn't great for you, but I think the corn syrup they add to some beer makes it worse due to the sugar. I don't think all of it is consumed during fermentation.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I used to drink a lot of big IPAs but I have backed off on them because they kinda make me feel like shit now after a couple. Heartburn and hangovers.

I drink more wine lately and also seltzers with booze.

I have a soda machine at home that I can use to fizz up bottles of wine. Buy some cheap rose and add bubbles.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Was at a meeting last night, And a buddy of mine that had got his first moderna shot 2 weeks ago said his arm had hurt real bad for 4 days where he got the injection and the pain went up into his neck, He's debating on if he will get the second one or not that's how bad it was for him.

I needed ibuprofen after my first.   2nd wasn’t as sore but I was more tired although it wasn’t too bad.  Your friend has skin in the game at this point so he might as well complete it.   People do what they want but the inability to tolerate minor discomfort for so many people amazes me.   Worst case you’re housebound for a day or 2...