Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I actually used increased exercise to help with boredom and stress...I know a lot of people who did the opposite. 

bingo -

I live alone though. I'm not sure exercise is the same option for spouses with kids...or spouses alone.  Or if the 'stress' is the same. I mean is it the same for those that bounce their crap off loved ones if they don't get to bounce their loved one's heads off the wall.. Heh 

Kidding but it's pretty much feels like 'why be alive time' if you don't do something. 

You know ..humans are social critters - we love each other so much that we have to hate one another to cure it.  hahaha... something like that -  

But, ... it offers a nice sort of soothing sense of 'foundation' - for lack of better word .. - to get that endorphin fix from a heavy workout. For some of us, joy circuitry doesn't have any other trigger points.  Interesting.  

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That 3 months March to June I was home last year I put on 15 pounds, on top of the 10 I needed to lose anyway. I'm about 25 pounds overweight. At least where I would like to be . That 3 month shut in at home was hell. I ate way too much ice cream and junk.

I've actually lost 10-12lbs working from home.  No co-workers with candy jars on their desks or bringing in baked goods and not going out to lunch every day has helped me.

• Like 1

I was 40 lbs overweight and pre diabetic so I cut out sweets, eat balanced meals but less and exercise regularly. In the last 6 months I've lost 35 lbs and all my blood work has come back normal. Once you get used to eating less, less will make you full. I've been walking a lot with my dog after dinner and do sprint interval training 3 days a week along with weights once a week. Feel 100 times better, also cut way down on alcohol and very little if any processed foods, plenty of vegetables with a big veggie salad at dinner every night. Went from 205 to 170 in 6 months.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm... can't speak for Celtic's "beat writers" ... but ESPN's article does not intimate nearly as dourly as that statement - not even close really.

"Boston Celtics forward Jayson Tatum said Tuesday night that he is still dealing with the after-effects of contracting for COVID-19 three months ago and has been using an inhaler before games as a means to combat them. ..."      https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/31254061/boston-celtics-jayson-tatum-fighting-covid-19-effects-close-100-percent-performance-picks-up

That bold is an entirely different frame-up compared to "..Inhaler full time "   What ESPN talks about is an accelerator for oxygen ...which isn't that uncommon for high physical pro sports for one; but secondly, makes it clear that this is along a curve of improvement too.  Heh, they way those beat writers put it ... leaves the reader thinking the other way - this is exactly what I was talking about in how media is acting irresponsible. 

No one know what's real -

Just sayn'  - not sure which source is right  

I get your point-and it is respected. I worked for NBC Sports Boston and I heard it directly from the horses mouth. 'beat writers' is my easiest way of saying it w/o revealing who told me

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

Most processed foods already are packed with sodium, Not the same as table salt but really don't need to enhance it, I mainly just use pepper unless a scratch recipe calls for salt, Then i may use kosher or the Himalayan salt.

It's amazing how much sugar and salt is in something like ketchup 

I figured this may add a pinch of interesting info regarding the JnJ Vaccine issue

So, I was training a lady last nite who works for BioNTech and i've spoken to her many times during this past year (picked her Brain on Covid vaccine topics) . She has been in the field of vaccine research for decades. I asked her particularly about the JnJ situation. 

She said that it was not a major surprise to her that  the JnJ vaccine has a few issues related to blood cots.  She mentioned that the JnJ Vaccine used the Adenovirus vector Techology (just like Astrazeneca) and that there was a indication in Phase 1 that this delivery method could increase odds of blood clots. She said  Women on Birth Control are more prone to clots and that this appears to be exasperated by the adenorvirus delivery route and she speculated that JNJ will be resumed in a few weeks for use by Men who don't bear much clot risk and that they just needed more data for FDA to weigh Risk/Reward for other groups (women/ women not on birth control, etc).  Anyway my talks with her are always interesting and wanted to share. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

So we are in contract negotiations currently at work. Company came back today and rejected everything the union offered.

They don’t want to give a raise this year, after we voted to give back our raise last year and matching retirement after they asked us to sacrifice it, otherwise they would have had to give it to us.

No good deed goes unpunished. They floated the idea of a 1 % cost of living raise...which is insulting. I’m pretty sure cost of living has increased more than 1 % in the last 2 years 

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

So we are in contract negotiations currently at work. Company came back today and rejected everything the union offered.

They don’t want to give a raise this year, after we voted to give back our raise last year and matching retirement after they asked us to sacrifice it, otherwise they would have had to give it to us.

No good deed goes unpunished. They floated the idea of a 1 % cost of living raise...which is insulting. I’m pretty sure cost of living has increased more than 1 % in the last 2 years 

Where I work we have had a 1% or less increase for...3 years?  Of course health insurance costs wipe that out.  

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I use it very little...like a small amount on a burger. The exception is when I make a sweet pulled pork, adding ketchup is part of the mix. 

Yea. Besides it being salty and sugary, I just don’t like the taste that much. I typically use honey mustard as my dipping sauce or spreader instead. It’s not like I don’t eat salty or sugary foods though because if that’s the case I would be like 25lbs lighter lol. So I love my sweets. I have better tasting alternatives to ketchup, and they just turn out to be healtheir, typically. 

Nothing like a good sweet pulled pork though, nice. Add some sweet pickles on the side too, yes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That is pretty brutal bro. It doesn’t seem like a company that you should be invested beyond punching in and out, and collecting the paycheck. So The second you see something better, split. 

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That is pretty brutal bro. It doesn’t seem like a company that you should be invested beyond punching in and out, and collecting the paycheck. So The second you see something better, split. 

As soon as I find something better I’m splitting. No loyalty when you don’t show me any respect.

Anyone on here hiring? I’ll make you coffee or get your dry cleaning or something 

10 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I use tomato sauce but not crazy about hunts, my mother was italian so I'm picky about my tomato sauces.

So is my Mom, And it was sauce from scratch, I have a hard time liking other peoples sauces, I have her recipe, And myself or my wife will make it all the time, Never anything from the store in a jar.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But but but loyalty...

I’m lucky. I found a great company earlier this year that puts people first over profit so loyalty here is valued and rewarded. When you’re private/family owned and your pushing 1billion in yearly sales, you’ve done something right. But I know in today’s profit driven climate we are the exception not the rule, unfortunately. 

19 minutes ago, dryslot said:

So is my Mom, And it was sauce from scratch, I have a hard time liking other peoples sauces, I have her recipe, And myself or my wife will make it all the time, Never anything from the store in a jar.

I was lucky, my mother taught my wife how she makes it and shes got it down pat, my sister also makes it very good to. No ragu or hunts at my house.

• Like 1