Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I wonder how many of the “I’m not putting that vaccine in my body” light up a cigarette and throw back a bottle of JD. probably a positive correlation.

I don't understand anti-vaxxers at all. I guarantee those people put plenty of other junk in their body including other drugs.

It's odd that they picked vaccines as their one big no-no. 

Like sorry unless you're some non smoking, non drinking vegan hippy that only uses crystals & prayer to heal yourself I ain't buying your "concerns" about the vaccine.

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

I don't understand anti-vaxxers at all. I guarantee those people put plenty of other junk in their body including other drugs.

It's odd that they picked vaccines as their one big no-no. 

Like sorry unless you're some non smoking, non drinking vegan hippy that only uses crystals & prayer to heal yourself I ain't buying your "concerns" about the vaccine.

No idea. We are not anti-vaccine. We get the flu vaccine every year. I suspect many here yapping about the COVID vaccine don’t even get the flu vaccine. 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

you haven't been paying attention to the media:lol:. Now that the elderly are vaccinated and 40+ are on their way, they've said schools are spreaders now. Trickle down disease

Hopefully the willfully ignorant wake up soon. The Branch Covidians will not give up their new religion easily. So much resistance and defensiveness just in this thread. 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Do you like banging your against a wall 

Look, most people believe what they believe bc it makes Them feel warm and fuzzy in side , If you are trying to convince someone that something they believe is stupid Or not factually intelligent unless you give them a easy way to change there mind and feel even warmer and fuzzier inside it’s pointless .

The things people do or don’t do isn’t because they are experts at identifying risks thru crunching numbers with scientific accuracy , otherwise most of them wouldn’t set foot in a car , and would be relegated to sitting on a stool all day. There was a 24/7 Covid media blitz to change peoples behavior to act out of abundance of Caution (basically over react) to not overwhelm the hospital system , the ability to reverse that action of being overly cautious is not going to be given from health authorities , thus people will continue to do many things out of a abundance of caution and be more at ease doing so . There is a humongous amount of variance .

Most people have an absolutely terrible time calculating risk in identifiable quantities as it relates to their behavior. 1 in 1,000 roughly sounds the same to most people as 1 in 100,000 but they are vastly different in reality. People will slowly change their behavior back to normal as more people are vaxxed and deaths keep ticking down. I agree there isn't going to be this mass media campaign to get back to normal like there was for mitigating behaviors. It will happen more organically.

This thread is mostly useless bickering about how people perceive risk and then inevitably some politics gets injected. There's no reason to continue those back and forth squabbles. We tried allowing people to post about vaccine availability in here but it has just devolved.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, UMB WX said:

Mimosas morning. We're looking forward to your Daiquiris delusions posting  this afternoon.

Lol he’s literally constantly trying to be outraged over something, and building straw men to be angry about. We’re back baby, even more so after 75 plus percent are immunized.

Just now, Wmsptwx said:

Lol he’s literally constantly trying to be outraged over something, and building straw men to be angry about. We’re back baby, even more so after 75 plus percent are immunized.

Yeah, the world is super great right now. Enjoy it man. Don’t worry about me in my various houses worrying about things. Enjoy what you have out there. I am just a crazy person. 

1 hour ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I only get aggravated when someone who probably hasn't cracked a biology book since high school trys and tells me i'm wrong about how clinical trials are run. 

Same sort of thing in forestry, though the stakes are lower.  A classic description from a long-time forester I read years ago (and I'm going from distant memory): "When I approve my dentist to put in a filling, I don't feel qualified to tell her how to do it.  Yet she and 200 million other Americans feel qualified to tell me how to manage my woodlot."

We are fortunate to be living in the dumbest time of our history. Yay us. 

I'd rephrase that to, we are fortunate to be living in the time when the dumbest among us have the greatest opportunity to spread their dumbness.

•  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

I'm supposed to drink lots of liquor in NH this weekend in the middle of nowhere......now I'm worried I might get blood clots in my cranium and can't get to a hospital.  Great. 

Alcohol thins the blood. I’d be more concerned for you if you didn’t have plans to drink lots of alcohol this weekend. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Don’t worry, I don’t take anything on the internet personally. I am literally in a beach chair getting hammered as waves crash. None of this will stick. I enjoy locking horns with the experts and learning a thing or two. 

Can I send you my resume? I will do anything including fetch alcoholic beverages. I'm highly qualified. 

49 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Go bruins

Go Red Sox.  They are clicking right now with 7th straight win.  Devers and JD... home runs every game it seems.

“Red Sox had 16 hard hit balls on Saturday, 17 on Sunday, day off yesterday, and 18 today. Mashing baseballs.” -Sox Stats

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Go Red Sox.  They are clicking right now with 7th straight win.  Devers and JD... home runs every game it seems.

“Red Sox had 16 hard hit balls on Saturday, 17 on Sunday, day off yesterday, and 18 today. Mashing baseballs.” -Sox Stats

Production coming from all 9, That's a very good sign.

• Like 1