Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

Many things out there don't make sense to me anymore. I think more and more people are looking around at all the weird, inconsistent rules and tweaked-out people scurrying about and coming to the same conclusion. Definitely some surreal moments to be had, like watching a group of depressed-looking people in masks shuffle forward in a queue between x marks on the carpet as a booming voice on the intercom tells them to ensure their masks are on properly at all times or they will be "removed from the premises for their own safety and the safety of others."

It's kinda dystopian out there, TBH. I think a subset of the population is actually really enjoying this in a twisted way. They sure seem to get upset at anyone questioning it.

I'm old enough to remember dystopia. Dystopia is being a kid with polio trapped in an iron lung for the rest of his life. All the so called libertarians of today (living in Mama's basement) would be first in line for the Salk vaccine back in the day-- and probably be pushing and shoving for first dibs at mumps and measles vaccines, too. Our relatively disease free lives, up until covid, have loosed a lot of brave poseurs with contempt for masks and other measures that, inconvenient as they are, do promote the common good. But common sense has gone the way of the passenger pigeon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, NorEastermass128 said:

I hope mask mandates eventually go away, but, in the future, I would love to see people mask up in public places when they know they’re sick, even if it’s just the common cold.  Common courtesy. Ain’t gonna happen, but I can dream. 

I'm not a big COVID guy.....but I do agree with you on this.  It's been nice not getting a cold in forever, and not having people on my ass in the grocery store.  People are gross....stay away from me lol. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Why are we halting shots over a handful of significant side effects?

That is how they operate And have for a while .

Part if it is the risk the age group effected by blood clots has from Covid . 18-50 year olds were effected by blood clot , so the severe effects are not warranted by the  risk in that age group . That is PART of it .

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

If you were a lady old you take J and J over Pfizer, Moderna? Think I wouldn't 

Ya why not

they all have some sides

6 out of 3.5 million Females . Lottery odds

My 96 Y.O grandmother got Jnj last week . She has a better shot of replacing Brady at QB than being 7 out of 3.5 M females at this point  .

• Haha 1