Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

The fantasies from people like Bill Gates that we can only reopen once the “entire world” is vaccinated are looking sillier every day. I just hope they let it go versus trying to force it. 

The Brazilian and SA variants are more contagious and are showing protein spike mutations that reduce vaccine efficacy.  We have 70 million kids in the US that won’t be vaccinated any time soon plus 20-30% of adults that may not get vaccinated.  
This will become endemic like seasonal flu until it burns itself out.  I doubt we see mask mandates and certain restrictions lifted anytime soon in a lot of places. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Maybe deliberate?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Many things out there don't make sense to me anymore. I think more and more people are looking around at all the weird, inconsistent rules and tweaked-out people scurrying about and coming to the same conclusion. Definitely some surreal moments to be had, like watching a group of depressed-looking people in masks shuffle forward in a queue between x marks on the carpet as a booming voice on the intercom tells them to ensure their masks are on properly at all times or they will be "removed from the premises for their own safety and the safety of others."

It's kinda dystopian out there, TBH. I think a subset of the population is actually really enjoying this in a twisted way. They sure seem to get upset at anyone questioning it.

• Weenie 2

25 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Many things out there don't make sense to me anymore. I think more and more people are looking around at all the weird, inconsistent rules and tweaked-out people scurrying about and coming to the same conclusion. Definitely some surreal moments to be had, like watching a group of depressed-looking people in masks shuffle forward in a queue between x marks on the carpet as a booming voice on the intercom tells them to ensure their masks are on properly at all times or they will be "removed from the premises for their own safety and the safety of others."

It's kinda dystopian out there, TBH. I think a subset of the population is actually really enjoying this in a twisted way. They sure seem to get upset at anyone questioning it.

stay mad, bro

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Again lol at anyone who thinks wearing a mask bothers most folks and that is somehow some sign of weakness but those that don’t wear masks are the heroes, standing up to the govt lol.

1 minute ago, fujiwara79 said:

stay mad, bro

The cool part is even if they lift mask mandates, you guys can just keep wearing them and no one will care! That's pretty awesome, right? Personal choice is amazing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The cool part is even if they lift mask mandates, you guys can just keep wearing them and no one will care! That's pretty awesome, right? Personal choice is amazing.

true.  you also have the choice to drive or shop online if following rules aren't your thing.  choice has many dimensions.

7 minutes ago, fujiwara79 said:

true.  you also have the choice to drive or shop online if following rules aren't your thing.  choice has many dimensions.

Yes, I am aware I can stay at home and shop exclusively from Amazon, requiring some other person to work in a warehouse and drive a truck to my house to drop off the goods. Trust me, we all know that is possible as it was almost all that was allowed for a time...

16 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

This discussion is really solving a lot.  

Any way we can mix it up with another topic.  Any topic?

This kid is insanely talented. Too bad he doesn’t put out mainstream cheese (although that is a good thing) because he’s got bars on par with the greatest, seriously. No one knows him except hardcare hip hop fans. And it is pretty cool he is a South Brunswick NJ native, were I grew up. 

Who has artists, regardless of genre, that haven’t broken through yet but will dominate their genre once they do?

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ha, yeah I always wonder what folks think this will accomplish.  Some post the same stuff so many times, it must be exhausting trying to prove the same thing every single day.  I think you may be able to see the number of posts by screen name in a given thread.  Some are extremely passionate about COVID on a hourly basis.

No one is changing their mind on a weather forum banter thread.

• Weenie 1

12 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Anyone have any good shows to binge? Have done the usual suspects: ozark, schitts, queens, peaky blinders...anything quasi-new I’m missing?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Supernovice said:

Anyone have any good shows to binge? Have done the usual suspects: ozark, schitts, queens, peaky blinders...anything quasi-new I’m missing?

Peaky Blinders and Ozark were favorites of ours.  Peaky is so good.  Schitts and Office for light hearted comedy series.