Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

22 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The idea that the people getting the vaccine are at the forefront of wanting to reopen whereas the “refusers” are actually the scaredy-cats locked up at home is one of the biggest misreads I have seen in a while. LOL

That’s not what I was inferring, if it came off that way. Basically; are the powers that be going to use the continued rise or spikes here and there because there isn’t enough vaccination to continue wit go lockdowns and mask mandates.

People who don’t want the vaccine obviously aren’t too concerned about all that stuff 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Basically; are the powers that be going to use the continued rise or spikes here and there because there isn’t enough vaccination to continue wit go lockdowns and mask mandates.

In one word:  YES

That why you folks who are in the "masks are done by summer" camp are in fantasy land.

Just now, WhitinsvilleWX said:

That why you folks who are in the "masks are done by summer" camp are in fantasy land.

lol, last summer when my wife and I were on the boat I told her we'd still be wearing masks "next summer". Here we are. Of course there's FL and TX, but I mean completely free of the mask mandate. Not happening and I really don't know when it will end

8 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s not what I was inferring, if it came off that way. Basically; are the powers that be going to use the continued rise or spikes here and there because there isn’t enough vaccination to continue wit go lockdowns and mask mandates.

People who don’t want the vaccine obviously aren’t too concerned about all that stuff 

It’s silly to get a vaccine you don’t want or need in the hopes the govt may then allow you to go to a baseball game again. 

23 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

It depends on the fantasy bubble in question ... lol.

Someone a page or few ago advanced the notion that society et al will sort of quietly, or 'soft revolt' masks before hand.  I tend to suspect that to be the case... when the vax counts get higher and some curves start to fall.  The CDC, or Fox/CNN's fear and social engineering tactic ...et al, will advise time lines and society sort of just condescends them with nods and agreeing tones while not abiding.  We're done

Maybe not exactly like that but I could see it culturally losing popularity and believe you me, that'll shut down the Industrial media conglomerate gears on the subject matter real fast - not having readers or listeners reacting.

Something like asymptotically the curve of urgency and caring drops beneath advice  - people have endurance for protocols that are not part of the evolutionary biological kingdom, thus instinct - hint, hint.   Masks are not part of that message ...And endurance, as the word implies, doesn't last for ever.  People are sick of it already.  I see it everywhere. I go to the gym. We where masks... disgusting, sweaty, snotty putrescent germ trap masks. This gross hard  workout spectacle ...despite staff crop dusting with a hand held vaporizer ... forces one to question if they ever were really much better given those conditions.  And the staff used to go around and micro-police the mask be pulled up over the nose ...now?  they don't even look - people let them sometimes sag down to their chins so basically no mask while wearing the mask...  Like the euphemism Phin denoted 'virtuosity signaling' - that's enough to stop the virus dead in its tracks!

It's just losing gravitas ...  So, in a reality like that ... yeah, masks may be done here over the next couple three months one way or the other.  We were not born with dental dams for a reason -

3 hours ago, Whineminster said:

huh?  Say you need 2-days off every 6 months due to the vaccine cuz you're feel crappy after getting it.  That's 4 days a year.  Most people only get 5 sick days a year. And who the hell says the other option is death??? 99.8% of people live.  Especially younger people such as myself.  Our only hope is that it becomes less deadly over time, like most flu-years.  TDAP lasts like 5 years.  Hep B vax lasts a lifetime.  

Don’t you think that gives a window into one of the reasons the USA has not done well with regard to spread.  Our workplace norms are often inhumane.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lava Rock said:

lol, last summer when my wife and I were on the boat I told her we'd still be wearing masks "next summer". Here we are. Of course there's FL and TX, but I mean completely free of the mask mandate. Not happening and I really don't know when it will end

Please tell me your not going to be boating with a mask on?

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Don’t you think that gives a window into one of the reasons the USA has not done well with regard to spread.  Our workplace norms are often inhumane.

And some people who work in a hospital setting just get a blanket PTO. There's no differentiation between sock time and vacation time. Who wants to eat into vacation time to take a couple days of with a bad cold when they can go to work and tough it out and use that PTO in the summer.

That needs to end.

6 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Please tell me your not going to be boating with a mask on?

:lol:Not a chance. Should have clarified masks will probably be likely at Jimmys. I'd really like to hear from Mills when she is going to increase restaurant capacity. If it's like all her other decisions, she'll wait to see what other states do then follow their lead.

23 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

:lol:Not a chance. Should have clarified masks will probably be likely at Jimmys. I'd really like to hear from Mills when she is going to increase restaurant capacity. If it's like all her other decisions, she'll wait to see what other states do then follow their lead.

I can still see where to dine will require them for now, When it comes to mask wearing, I have where i will and i won't.

7 hours ago, MJO812 said:

My mom said the same thing

Whats the point of a vaccine if it only lasts 6 months?

Here's an idea. Stop listening to your mom and listen to scientists. And oh ya Pfizer is showing to still be highly effective in studies up to six months after. This booster thing is speculation. Nothing more. We don't even know if it's needed yet. Jesus christ my patience is wearing thin

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, MJO812 said:

I took the vaccine because I want to go to sports event and indoor gathering without having to be tested every frigging time I go there.

For instance, my cousin is getting married next week and I have to show proof of either a negative covid  test or vaccine at the door.

Smh

Wow-you have to prove it's safe to be around your family? Smh, what an inconvenience. Good forbid! 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Are you not reading your posts out loud? You really should be doing that. 

Phin I love you. I don't agree with you. I'm having a brutal day. Found out two close family members are very sick with it. I have a short fuse today with any one down playing this thing. The best man for my wedding next year is in MGH at age 27.just sucks 

• Sad 1

What a mess in Europe with the vaccine. Family member who works at a school In Spain is flying home just to get the vaccine. Vaccines are suspended there indefinitely and will only be open to 65+ when they restart. I think she said they only have the AstrZenca one approved there. 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, BrianW said:

What a mess in Europe with the vaccine. Family member who works at a school In Spain is flying home just to get the vaccine. Vaccines are suspended there indefinitely and will only be open to 65+ when they restart. I think she said they only have the AstrZenca one approved there. 

The fantasies from people like Bill Gates that we can only reopen once the “entire world” is vaccinated are looking sillier every day. I just hope they let it go versus trying to force it. 

48 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Wow-you have to prove it's safe to be around your family? Smh, what an inconvenience. Good forbid! 

Stinks what you and your family are going thru at present, but that's an odd response to someone who actually got vaccinated.  My wife and I each have some comorbidities, including age, but the clincher was wanting to visit family in South Jersey.  Should Gov. Mills decide, on the day we plan to head north, that entry from NJ now required test or quarantine, it would be a bit inconvenient - missing work, calling the kennel in hopes they have room to keep our Lab a couple more days, maybe having our NJ lodgings no longer available so scrambling for another place.  First World problems for sure, and the downside of vaccination (so far, wife's 2nd Moderna comes in 2 weeks) was miniscule.

The fantasies from people like Bill Gates that we can only reopen once the “entire world” is vaccinated are looking sillier every day. I just hope they let it go versus trying to force it. 

The folks who mocked the US vaccine rollout, even after Biden was inaugurated, have become very quiet.  Compared to Europe we're not doing that bad.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Here's an idea. Stop listening to your mom and listen to scientists. And oh ya Pfizer is showing to still be highly effective in studies up to six months after. This booster thing is speculation. Nothing more. We don't even know if it's needed yet. Jesus christ my patience is wearing thin

I got vaccinated

What is your point ?

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Phin I love you. I don't agree with you. I'm having a brutal day. Found out two close family members are very sick with it. I have a short fuse today with any one down playing this thing. The best man for my wedding next year is in MGH at age 27.just sucks 

Sorry

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Very, very few of the people refusing to get the vaccine want to stay locked down. I assure you there is zero appetite for masks and lockdowns from that side. 

Then I'm fine with letting them live with the risks as long as it doesn't harm me, which is where the vaccines come in.

The only thing that this virus exposed is how incredibly selfish some people are.

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Then I'm fine with letting them live with the risks as long as it doesn't harm me, which is where the vaccines come in.

The only thing that this virus exposed is how incredibly selfish some people are.

Selfish people like the teacher’s unions, you mean?

Or those who demanded lockdowns but then kept ordering from Amazon and DoorDash constantly?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1