Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

29 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Do you think people are going to get vaccinated every 6 months? People want the vaccine to be done with Covid for good , not just for 6 months.

Those people should have realized COVID is more like a cold or flu. There will be no single shot that vaccinates you for years. Can’t help if people are ignorant. 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

What you just said is a "false equivalence" ... 

Feeling lousy by vaccine side effects not harmful enough to get you to an ER ... is not the same thing as being reduced to an inch of your life by this infection, or... dying -

If vaccines are good for six months, and you have to take a day or two to rinse through it, that is a better option than death.

For those who actually think they will die from COVID, sure. If I was 400 lbs and diabetic I would definitely get the shot. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Those people should have realized COVID is more like a cold or flu. There will be no single shot that vaccinates you for years. Can’t help if people are ignorant. 

I wouldn't say Covid is similar to the flu. Alot more young people died from Covid .

3 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

The vaccine efficacy talk is probably a red herring at this point because we will never get anywhere near 70-80 percent vaccinated without really nasty govt overreach. People who want it can get it, otherwise, open ‘er up. 

I agree but hopefully more people take the vaccine so we can actually open up.

This has been going on for over a year already.

32 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Do you think people are going to get vaccinated every 6 months? People want the vaccine to be done with Covid for good , not just for 6 months.

Needing vaccinations every 6 months would mean all the people pulled off other jobs to jab people's arms will need to keep at it, as the US would need to be doing about 3 mill/day to keep up with that frequency.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I agree but hopefully more people take the vaccine so we can actually open up.

This has been going on for over a year already.

Surprised to see you going down the road of demanding everyone get a jab so that maybe, just maybe our benevolent govt overlords will allow us to have some tiny crumbs of freedom back. 

• Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

For those who actually think they will die from COVID, sure. If I was 400 lbs and diabetic I would definitely get the shot. 

Well - no ... "death" is just hyperbole...

There are other aspects related to this -

Part of the problem is that everyone only thinks of themself - this is about the vitality of humanity ...this latter aspect is just not even in the circuitry of discussion by flavor and tenor and attitude. There's a bigger aspect to this than individual weighting -

But I agree, there is probably a vast over-sell - 

This is/was never the Bubonic Plague ... or god forbid, Ebola should ever get as transmissible as this thing - ho man...magine that?

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

Surprised to see you going down the road of demanding everyone get a jab so that maybe, just maybe our benevolent govt overlords will allow us to have some tiny crumbs of freedom back. 

I took the vaccine because I want to go to sports event and indoor gathering without having to be tested every frigging time I go there.

For instance, my cousin is getting married next week and I have to show proof of either a negative covid  test or vaccine at the door.

Smh

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That may have something to do with it, too ?

There's growing evidence lifestyle plays a role in morbidity risk - this is true in biology period, but the quality of longer-termed life-style, nutrition to exercise, hydration to sleep patterns,  parlay with this thing. Seemingly quite specifically, too. I mean if anyone has a counter veracious reported source that specifically argues against both science and anecdotal immensely corroborating data mass, by all means... It is undeniable otherwise, there appears to be a core health 'gestalt' relationship to this where it precedes the worst cases. 

C-19 seems to go after the sinners, so to speak. It's almost like the moral virus - I'll stop short of invoking religion. The original scriptures and texts ...clearly were not written with vaccine wonders of advancing biological science in mind so "plague" isn't really a lightning bolt from the Zeus so much anymore... but that's theological popsicle headache. I'm not saying your pops was a 'sinner' per se, but I am not sure where package store,  and the Mc in Donald's fit very well into the virtuous living paragon.  C-19 wants to almost poetically come and get them, or in the least is statistically favored in the general population density as primary leading risk factor, once other genetic predispositions can be removed. It's the Big Mac revenge.

There's other shit too - there always is. Genetic factors play a role. One could be Cystic Fibrotic,  ...have that ORMDL3 genetic mutation that causes Athsma.. They could have genetic hypertension ... type 1 Diabetes ... the list is probably thousands and science can only identify a hundred.   God hates red-heads, too... can't forget .. lol.  Anyway, we hear of the occasional organic eating, 10K running quire-boy that's never celebrated with so much as a cigar or more than an ounce of champagne ..otherwise, in bed by 10 and no life ... Scores a Darwin award. Wtf did they do wrong?  But those are the normal rarefied exceptions to every rule.

Great post and points 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

?

well sign me up - I'll bite on that

wow wtf :yikes: 

54 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Well - no ... "death" is just hyperbole...

There are other aspects related to this -

Part of the problem is that everyone only thinks of themself - this is about the vitality of humanity ...this latter aspect is just not even in the circuitry of discussion by flavor and tenor and attitude. There's a bigger aspect to this than individual weighting -

But I agree, there is probably a vast over-sell - 

This is/was never the Bubonic Plague ... or god forbid, Ebola should ever get as transmissible as this thing - ho man...magine that?

Society would collapse.

Just think about the damage COVID caused with a lethality rate of .1 to .3 percent. 

4 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

there's no morality involved at all.  what a heartless piece of shit response to make to someone who just told you he lost his dad to covid:  "he was fat and a drunk, so he got what he deserved".

and it's "choir boy", you blowhard ignoramus.

wiz, so sorry to hear about your loss.

Oh, I'm not heartless and without empathy ... I can see that may have been a hasty post on my part.  But I know Weatherwiz from years on line and I think he understood the intent and conversation - could be wrong.. My bad Wiz' if that was offensive.  Like I said, "... I'm not saying your pops was a 'sinner' per se .."

That said, it is unfortunately the harsh reality:  carrying on with an unhealthy life style is, in fact, immoral  ... and the post was not about his father - it was about that fact, and to expose the irony that this infectious agent appears based in the space for how sever it affects -

24 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

there's no morality involved at all.  what a heartless piece of shit response to make to someone who just told you he lost his dad to covid:  "he was fat and a drunk, so he got what he deserved".

oh boy , look who's back. heading for another thread lockdown. get lost.

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

What you just said is a "false equivalence" ... 

Feeling lousy by vaccine side effects not harmful enough to get you to an ER ... is not the same thing as being reduced to an inch of your life by this infection, or... dying -

If vaccines are good for six months, and you have to take a day or two to rinse through it, that is a better option than death.

huh?  Say you need 2-days off every 6 months due to the vaccine cuz you're feel crappy after getting it.  That's 4 days a year.  Most people only get 5 sick days a year. And who the hell says the other option is death??? 99.8% of people live.  Especially younger people such as myself.  Our only hope is that it becomes less deadly over time, like most flu-years.  TDAP lasts like 5 years.  Hep B vax lasts a lifetime.  

26 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

That's not what he said, he gave  scientific info on how Covid affects some more than others.

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I felt like crap the day after the 1st shot of Moderna. Chills , fever, soreness all over , tired. 

I had a bad case of covid last year. No wonder why the vaccine hit me hard.

When I had covid , I had chest congestion, coughed up muscus with some blood , 103 fever , chills .

So now I have double the antibodies right now. With the 2nd shot I will have triple the anitbodies.

I never had covid but I was bed ridden sat night and yesterday from the J&J shot so I’m not sure the theory that vaccine side effects hit covid patients harder. I think there is enough variance where one can mistakenly categorize themselves in. My wife was vaccinated same time as me but she had her first shot of Pfizer and felt did not feel any side effects. So is it the person, the vaccine, the batch, previous infection of covid or not, etc...or a combination of it all? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MJO812 said:

I took the vaccine because I want to go to sports event and indoor gathering without having to be tested every frigging time I go there.

For instance, my cousin is getting married next week and I have to show proof of either a negative covid  test or vaccine at the door.

Smh

What is wrong with that approach? They are being cautious by preventing a spreading event while at the same time allowing everyone to have a fun time. If I was an attendee I would be at ease and can enjoy the festivities. 

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What is wrong with that approach? They are being cautious by preventing a spreading event while at the same time allowing everyone to have a fun time. If I was an attendee I would be at ease and can enjoy the festivities. 

People don't have time to get a rapid test on the same day

• Weenie 1

32 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh, I'm not heartless and without empathy ... I can see that may have been a hasty post on my part.  But I know Weatherwiz from years on line and I think he understood the intent and conversation - could be wrong.. My bad Wiz' if that was offensive.  Like I said, "... I'm not saying your pops was a 'sinner' per se .."

That said, it is unfortunately the harsh reality:  carrying on with an unhealthy life style is, in fact, immoral  ... and the post was not about his father - it was about that fact, and to expose the irony that this infectious agent appears based in the space for how sever it affects -

re: bolded text: since when is being unhealthy immoral? who came up with that "fact"?

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

Once a year flu shot with decades of safety and tolerability using a proven technique vs relatively new mRNA technology every 6 months is pushing the line for me and I'm a vaccine guy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

6 months was the trial study. It may provide protection for 6-12 months or more. mRNA isn't exactly new either...maybe to this level, but it's been around for decades.

I still think everyone should have the right to get it or not, but those who choose "no" are going to have to live with the shut downs and restrictions when you have cases like MI where hospitals are getting overburdened again. It's easy to cry about not being able to dine in to eat a burger or watch a move in a theater when you're not a healthcare worker with sick patients gasping for air piling up in the lobby

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

6 months was the trial study. It may provide protection for 6-12 months or more. mRNA isn't exactly new either...maybe to this level, but it's been around for decades.

I still think everyone should have the right to get it or not, but those who choose "no" are going to have to live with the shut downs and restrictions when you have cases like MI where hospitals are getting overburdened again. It's easy to cry about not being able to dine in to eat a burger or watch a move in a theater when you're not a healthcare worker with sick patients gasping for air piling up in the lobby

Hospitals get overloaded every single flu season too. No one ever cared then. 

• Thanks 1