• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

And BOS is done I guess on the trade market if this is correct -- https://www.prohockeyrumors.com/2021/04/boston-bruins-to-acquire-taylor-hall.html

The Bruins are also taking on $4MM in cap, which is much higher than some of the other names that have been moved around recently. The fact that they can absorb that hit is why Hall’s price is so low, as they did not need to involve another team, which would have meant giving up another asset. Even without going into long-term injured reserve, the Bruins should have just enough room to fit Hall in after sending Bjork the other way.

6 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Enormous line at the rental car kiosk area at Orlando airport. Had to have been thousands of people queued up in there. Must have been a weather disaster at the rental car facility or something. Never seen such a debacle.

I think it’s FL.  When we went at the end of February into Fort Myers, we must have waited an hour in line.  Same thing a few years ago....

6 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Enormous line at the rental car kiosk area at Orlando airport. Had to have been thousands of people queued up in there. Must have been a weather disaster at the rental car facility or something. Never seen such a debacle.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/car-rental-shortages-183958570.html

2 hours ago, bch2014 said:

Definitely has something to do with it. I am used to long lines, but this was a mob. Filled up the entire lower level of the terminal building, basically.

Luckily we didn't need a rental, otherwise we might still be standing there.

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

eh that's a BS headline. If you read into the article that was based on a study of like 400 people lol. 

4 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Its stupid

I mean they are finding everything wrong with all the vaccines ( yes I know they aren't FDA approved)

“Finding everything wrong”?

All of the SA variant cases in the study you posted the article about came within 14 days of the second dose.

Also, vaccines were never going to be 100% effective. But even a less effective vaccine can reduce the transmission rate to the point of the virus fading into the background.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

Its stupid

I mean they are finding everything wrong with all the vaccines ( yes I know they aren't FDA approved)

it's more click bait titles...only issue is most people probably don't bother to read the article and just go off the title...then start spreading the misinformation. 

As @bch2014 stated above, vaccines were never going to be 100% effective. So much has been harped upon the 90-95% effectiveness in the trials but people need to realize when you put that into a larger population that number is going to drop quite a bit. But even if it dropped to like 65-70%...that isn't horrific, but a substantial amount of people are going to need to take it. Then there is the issue with how long the vaccine holds effectiveness after being vaccinated...which right now looks to be about 6-months. 

We are killing ourselves with rollout. We have now been vaccinating for 4-months. I get there was a ton of supply needed and the resources maybe weren't there to make that happen but those who were vaccinated in December...their "immunity" is going to be wearing off in a few months. So unless there are plans to start doing boosters in a month or so some people may be back to square one. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

it's more clit bait titles...only issue is most people probably don't bother to read the article and just go off the title...then start spreading the misinformation. 

As @bch2014 stated above, vaccines were never going to be 100% effective. So much has been harped upon the 90-95% effectiveness in the trials but people need to realize when you put that into a larger population that number is going to drop quite a bit. But even if it dropped to like 65-70%...that isn't horrific, but a substantial amount of people are going to need to take it. Then there is the issue with how long the vaccine holds effectiveness after being vaccinated...which right now looks to be about 6-months. 

We are killing ourselves with rollout. We have now been vaccinating for 4-months. I get there was a ton of supply needed and the resources maybe weren't there to make that happen but those who were vaccinated in December...their "immunity" is going to be wearing off in a few months. So unless there are plans to start doing boosters in a month or so some people may be back to square one. 

this greatly depends on whether the immunity lasts longer than 6months. It's a wait and see at this point. If it doesn't, I'm not willing to be a pin cushion every 6 months.

9 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

But what's the point of lying in the headlines?  This will scare people to not get the vaccines. 

media doing what media loves to do. 10% of the covid news is usually reported as "good", then they immediately follow up with some more doom and gloom coverage to bring everyone back down. It's done on purpose.

4 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

this greatly depends on whether the immunity lasts longer than 6months. It's a wait and see at this point. If it doesn't, I'm not willing to be a pin cushion every 6 months.

Certainly don't disagree. I am expecting, however, to probably need a booster shot every 6-12 months for a year or two but if it goes beyond that...it will be a little ridiculous. But I do foresee this being a yearly thing...similar to the flu shot so it will become a product of choosing whether to get it. I've never gotten a flu shot but I don't mind getting a booster for a year or two but after that...meh...but time will tell

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

My mom said the same thing

Whats the point of a vaccine if it only lasts 6 months?

12 hours ago, weatherwiz said:

should add too finding out about my dad kinda added to this a bit. I still don't know what to think about that. He died last June, then we found out in December...freaking 6 months later that he had a severe respiratory infection and a stroke and tested positive for COVID and they said COVID could have played a roll...I still don't know what to think about that. I talked to him the day he died and after not seeing him for a few months when COVID started I saw him weekly...didn't complain of anything and he never went anywhere...except package store and mcdonalds 

That may have something to do with it, too ?

There's growing evidence lifestyle plays a role in morbidity risk - this is true in biology period, but the quality of longer-termed life-style, nutrition to exercise, hydration to sleep patterns,  parlay with this thing. Seemingly quite specifically, too. I mean if anyone has a counter veracious reported source that specifically argues against both science and anecdotal immensely corroborating data mass, by all means... It is undeniable otherwise, there appears to be a core health 'gestalt' relationship to this where it precedes the worst cases. 

C-19 seems to go after the sinners, so to speak. It's almost like the moral virus - I'll stop short of invoking religion. The original scriptures and texts ...clearly were not written with vaccine wonders of advancing biological science in mind so "plague" isn't really a lightning bolt from the Zeus so much anymore... but that's theological popsicle headache. I'm not saying your pops was a 'sinner' per se, but I am not sure where package store,  and the Mc in Donald's fit very well into the virtuous living paragon.  C-19 wants to almost poetically come and get them, or in the least is statistically favored in the general population density as primary leading risk factor, once other genetic predispositions can be removed. It's the Big Mac revenge.

There's other shit too - there always is. Genetic factors play a role. One could be Cystic Fibrotic,  ...have that ORMDL3 genetic mutation that causes Athsma.. They could have genetic hypertension ... type 1 Diabetes ... the list is probably thousands and science can only identify a hundred.   God hates red-heads, too... can't forget .. lol.  Anyway, we hear of the occasional organic eating, 10K running quire-boy that's never celebrated with so much as a cigar or more than an ounce of champagne ..otherwise, in bed by 10 and no life ... Scores a Darwin award. Wtf did they do wrong?  But those are the normal rarefied exceptions to every rule.

Where was everyone bitching about this before when the flu vaccine came out? You need that every year for updated strains as well.
Once a year flu shot with decades of safety and tolerability using a proven technique vs relatively new mRNA technology every 6 months is pushing the line for me and I'm a vaccine guy.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

• Like 2

"Whats the point of a vaccine if it only lasts 6 months? "

really   wow

It's so one does not get C-19                               ... for six months -  

Sounds a tad self-centered/entitled... spoiled, like ... "I don't want it if I can't have it all"  ?  

What does one say to that - 

If society et al,  you know ... those pesky other people outside one's inward pointing compass?  If all that is given a 6 month reprieve, that is time given back to research, to medical practicum, to just giving the immense momentum requirement needed to motivate 7 billion people.

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

"Whats the point of a vaccine if it only lasts 6 months? "

really   wow

It's so one does not get C-19                               ... for six months -  

Sounds a tad self-centered/entitled... spoiled, like ... "I don't want it if I can't have it all"  ?  

What does one say to that - 

If society et al,  you know ... those pesky other people outside one's inward pointing compass?  If all that is given a 6 month reprieve, that is time given back to research, to medical practicum, to just giving the immense momentum requirement needed to motivate 7 billion people.

Do you think people are going to get vaccinated every 6 months? People want the vaccine to be done with Covid for good , not just for 6 months.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

No way I'm taking this every 6 months....you kidding me? I feel terrible today. 

I felt like crap the day after the 1st shot of Moderna. Chills , fever, soreness all over , tired. 

I had a bad case of covid last year. No wonder why the vaccine hit me hard.

When I had covid , I had chest congestion, coughed up muscus with some blood , 103 fever , chills .

So now I have double the antibodies right now. With the 2nd shot I will have triple the anitbodies.

8 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

No way I'm taking this every 6 months....you kidding me? I feel terrible today. 

What you just said is a "false equivalence" ... 

Feeling lousy by vaccine side effects not harmful enough to get you to an ER ... is not the same thing as being reduced to an inch of your life by this infection, or... dying -

If vaccines are good for six months, and you have to take a day or two to rinse through it, that is a better option than death.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

The vaccine efficacy talk is probably a red herring at this point because we will never get anywhere near 70-80 percent vaccinated without really nasty govt overreach. People who want it can get it, otherwise, open ‘er up. 

There are some walking Darwin Awards in here that simply haven't found their ceremony yet -

Thinking that inconvenience every six months is even in the same f'ing ballpark as full on risk to health and safety, not just for "you" but for all civility... as being justification for not taking a vaccine ...

sorry - but that failure to see logic means their minds have slipped or failed in general, to become intellectually responsible and it is a matter of time-

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1