Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The mandate will be dropped IMHO once we reach the point of “everyone who wants a vaccine has been able to get one for 2-3 months now”. That’s really the threshold. The tolerance will become pretty low once we reach that point.

Maybe it lingers another couple months beyond that but public pressure will become strong I think. 

I have my doubts, but I really hope you’re right.

As someone who is living in a state that dropped the statewide mask mandate earlier this week (despite our case and hospital metrics going back up), I can say that so far I have seen no noticeable difference in the amount of mask wearing in public places.  Everyone is still wearing one, at least in stores and other businesses.  Granted, a lot of those places still require masks, but I have not seen anyone fighting it "because my governor says I don't have to wear one."  Maybe the thinking will change as more get vaccinated and the numbers drop again, but for now, my experience is that people are playing nicely.

Just now, Hoosier said:

As someone who is living in a state that dropped the statewide mask mandate earlier this week (despite our case and hospital metrics going back up), I can say that so far I have seen no noticeable difference in the amount of mask wearing in public places.  Everyone is still wearing one, at least in stores and other businesses.  Granted, a lot of those places still require masks, but I have not seen anyone fighting it "because my governor says I don't have to wear one."  Maybe the thinking will change as more get vaccinated and the numbers drop again, but for now, my experience is that people are playing nicely.

Wow, imagine that, giving people the choice to take charge of their own personal health! You love to see it.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

PTSD. A lot of people will still wear them because they are afraid or conditioning. I don’t care if they want to wear one forever. Just stop telling me to do it. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

I have my doubts, but I really hope you’re right.

I’m also assuming that the case numbers are going to be super low at that point...the public pressure would become high when you have had widespread vax availability for a few months AND you have cases down to minuscule numbers. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I’m also assuming that the case numbers are going to be super low at that point...the public pressure would become high when you have had widespread vax availability for a few months AND you have cases down to minuscule numbers. 

Honestly, if you are wrong we are in big trouble and this really has become about control and submission. We all pray you are right.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well now you moved the goalposts and added case numbers in the mix. Using the current testing regimen you’ll always have positives, maybe a lot. How many cases of the common cold can you find per day? A lot!

People and politicians have to get over “positives”. It’s hospitalizations and deaths that are the numbers to look at. If those are the metrics, Massachusetts should be wide open with no mask mandates. But until they get off the “casedemic” mentality, these restrictions won’t end anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

And that includes pulling over to get the euro when something big is coming....and we love you for it!

And for others-Ant’s dad I believe was a NYC cop.  Not sure of the benefits but I suspect they’re decent in NYC including possibly retiring with a full pension while still pretty young.   He can work in bumfuk, NH but the package as well as life would be dramatically different.

My dad was a school safety agent . I looked up the requirements to become a cop in NH and they are actually more strict.  Can't have any tattoos showing lol.

32 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Well now you moved the goalposts and added case numbers in the mix. Using the current testing regimen you’ll always have positives, maybe a lot. How many cases of the common cold can you find per day? A lot!

People and politicians have to get over “positives”. It’s hospitalizations and deaths that are the numbers to look at. If those are the metrics, Massachusetts should be wide open with no mask mandates. But until they get off the “casedemic” mentality, these restrictions won’t end anytime soon. 

Percent positive numbers would show the fraud in keeping “case numbers” high if the spread has really diminished. 

I agree that deaths/hospitalizations are really all that matters. 

I think what's going to happen with the masks is as we go into summer and the majority of people get vaccinated...you're going to see more and more people just stop wearing them despite whatever mandates may be in place. Then what's going to happen...are businesses going to not let people in or are restaurants going to refuse service when a large amount of people just stop wearing them? Of course there will be people who continue to wear them. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I think what's going to happen with the masks is as we go into summer and the majority of people get vaccinated...you're going to see more and more people just stop wearing them despite whatever mandates may be in place. Then what's going to happen...are businesses going to not let people in or are restaurants going to refuse service when a large amount of people just stop wearing them? Of course there will be people who continue to wear them. 

I am already seeing more and more people just not wearing them. It's become a really bad look to be a Karen and attack someone over not wearing a mask. The worm does seem to have turned on that, although there are still strange stories of cops suddenly going berserk and swarming some housewife at Target over her face diaper being missing. It's the same cops that sometimes arrest second-graders, I guess.

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I am already seeing more and more people just not wearing them. It's become a really bad look to be a Karen and attack someone over not wearing a mask. The worm does seem to have turned on that, although there are still strange stories of cops suddenly going berserk and swarming some housewife at Target over her face diaper being missing. It's the same cops that sometimes arrest second-graders, I guess.

Interesting...I haven't really seen that here in CT. For the most part people are wearing them (indoors). You see some every now and then with the mask below the nose and mouth but at least from my experiences it's kind far and few. But I don't knock on them...maybe they just need a breather or something. I feel for those that have to wear it like all day every day. When I'm at work I have to wear it all day b/c I have an intern in the same area as me and it drives me freaking nuts.