• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

In other news ...stocks finished strong and the SP continued a nice winning streak . It’s about 1/4 point from the upper rail of a rising trend line and there is Much awaited inflation data out early next week as well as bond auctions for 7& 10 year government debt Which should be nice to test appetite for that duration debt for first time in a couple weeks . Believe it or not the market has respected this SP rising channel For several months  , which means SP upside is likely limited For a couple weeks. (As index is 1/2% from that overhead resistance ) around 4150

The stocks with no earnings and future growth fantasy’s still are in the toilet but their market cap % was not enough to way down the SP and all indexes have fought back above their 50 day moving averages 

53 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

First imagine that you’re so deeply insecure in your own beliefs that even though you personally don’t believe COVID is a big deal (which whatever- free country) that you drag anyone taking public health messaging seriously over the coals on a daily/ hourly basis.

Then imagine you lack any type of self awareness- so much so that you say “everyone talking about scary Covid in MD is so annoying”. While simultaneously making what...20-30 COVID related posts a DAY on a weather forum- anonymously of course.

If anyone can’t see what’s going here- you’re welcome.

He’s the same guy who was pushing the conspiracy theory that covid coverage would disappear post election, then moved the goalposts to inauguration day. Yet, everytime I check this thread that’s all HE is talking about lol. 

5 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

What other diseases /viruses would this mRNA technology help with?   Now that they have a blueprint is it hard to do?

there are literally dozens. This technology was ready to roll with SARS, and even swine flu. but since those snuffed  themselves out, there was no need for the vaccine.

2 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I can assure you COVID is much more of a "deal" here than in NNE. 

Ah interesting. I mean the schools sound like some around here, but most of what you stated doesn't seem all that much different to be honest.  If you don't go to church or have kids in school... your life is probably pretty similar. I followed most folks' advice from way back and don't watch MSM... just put a mask on inside, and go about life. 

It definitely seems like something where the more one dwells on COVID and thinks about it, the more space it takes up in one's life.  I guess there are stressors on both sides of the aisle... from folks worried about COVID, to the folks worried about the worrying over COVID.  Can't control how others think and feel, but I do agree with you that going from NNE chill to suburbia high-strung energy must be a shock.  No more kumbaya listening to live music on a June-like Friday evening.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sports ...Anyone

After the Sox got swept by the O's and went 0-3 to start the season... who thought they'd be in 1st place 4 games later?  Aaron Judge out of lineup for second game in a row for the Yankees due to "general wear and tear in the first week of the season" said no player ever. 

Sports are funny.  Only 155 games left.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SJonesWX said:

there are literally dozens. This technology was ready to roll with SARS, and even swine flu. but since those snuffed  themselves out, there was no need for the vaccine.

mRNA therapy has a lot of use in rare diseases like metabolic disorders where there’s a particular protein missing. Moderna was founded to focus on these rare diseases, really. Vaccines were somewhat secondary for their business model. But this has shown to work really well. The key here is the formulation to get the mRNA into the cell.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ah interesting. I mean the schools sound like some around here, but most of what you stated doesn't seem all that much different to be honest.  If you don't go to church or have kids in school... your life is probably pretty similar. I followed most folks' advice from way back and don't watch MSM... just put a mask on inside, and go about life. 

It definitely seems like something where the more one dwells on COVID and thinks about it, the more space it takes up in one's life.  I guess there are stressors on both sides of the aisle... from folks worried about COVID, to the folks worried about the worrying over COVID.  Can't control how others think and feel, but I do agree with you that going from NNE chill to suburbia high-strung energy must be a shock.  No more kumbaya listening to live music on a June-like Friday evening.

It sucks down here in suburban MD now, TBH. Kinda hate coming back here since we bought in NNH. Headed to FL soon and then the beach to get that vibe back a little.

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sports ...Anyone 

most underrated NBA players 

Stockton and Rodman come to mind 

Favorite NFL WR’s 

Moss - beat speed and feet ever 

Underrated NBA: Chris Mullen

Fav NFL WR: Marvin Harrison, Moss, Bruce

Fav Steroid Era MLB: Bagwell, Piazza, Griffey

• Like 1

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

Underrated NBA: Chris Mullen

NFL: Marvin Harrison, Moss, Bruce

Steroid Era MLB: Bagwell

Greatest show on Turf w Isaac Bruce . I really liked the Kurt Warner story 

Manny was my Favorite hitter , him and Clutch Ortiz back to back was something special

Steroid Era: Barry Bonds was one of a hundred plus hitters juiced and he was head and shoulders above everyone else at age 38

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Sports ...Anyone 

most underrated NBA players 

Stockton and Rodman come to mind 

Favorite NFL WR’s 

Moss - beat speed and feet ever 

Sportsball!  

How’s about Prince Phillip and DMX checking out on the same day?  That’s some shit to discuss! 

:o

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Greatest show on Turf w Isaac Bruce . I really liked the Kurt Warner story 

Manny was my Favorite hitter , him and Clutch Ortiz back to back was something special

Steroid Era: Barry Bonds was one of a hundred plus hitters juiced and he was head and shoulders above everyone else at age 38

Yeah Manny is probably in the top 5 greatest hitters that ever played, steroids or not. I really miss those days

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I don’t mean that was the greatest, he just had one of the best home run swings.  

Pound for pound he had probably the most powerful swing in the league . Manny was not a very big dude . He hit balls 475 feet . That one in the video was a straight BOMB. Crushed to all fields. 

30 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Eh’ not surprising really.  
An endemic virus will be the final outcome. 

Yeah I mean after all this .. there’s a reel palpable stench of not taking this seriously ... I wonder if a kind of culture war between those sort of incredulous and absent of urgency and feel an imposition vs those not getting sick lol 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I don't like the Israel comparison. They are basically a police-state with literal border walls and checkpoints all over the place. Also very tiny country.

Small country but most people including those occupied and oppressed ignore the authorities.  It’s also densely populated.   I think it’s a reasonable example.  No one at any checkpoint is checking temperatures...lol.