Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

14 hours ago, PhineasC said:

More people should look at getting mild COVID and recovering as a very good thing. Those people are contributing to herd immunity. Too many people seem to be aghast at it. 

It's still like playing Russian roulette, though the cylinder has room for 100 bullets rather than 6.  ^_^

Had Moderna #2 about 8:45 this morning.  Not even soreness at the stick site yet, though this strange lump is rising out of the middle of my skull.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Supernovice said:

In non Covid related news...things are starting to get very tense in eastern Ukraine. Over a canal that pre-Russian invasion used to serve Crimea. Nary a word about it in western media.

Our first water war, however tangentially, on the horizon- who’s the doomsayer now?

Both sides shipping lots of tanks and artillery in by rail. Definitely a tense situation. 

On an unrelated note, got my vaccine appointment. One step closer to ending this nightmare. 

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Both sides shipping lots of tanks and artillery in by rail. Definitely a tense situation. 

On an unrelated note, got my vaccine appointment. One step closer to ending this nightmare. 

Lol...

so long as 'ending' means for the World - cuz... you or me or J-zee could be immunized for f'n Rabies ...doesn't matter.

Unless the society scope and scale rejoins to f'n in the streets - ... we're still nightmaring this masked distancing .... shut in life style, paranoid as "enabled" germaphobes in a bullshit delusion that we can actually live in a veritable cesspool (Earth's biome ) ...detached from that same cesspool.

Idiocracy is what happens when human conceit gets in the way of reality -

But it's worth pointing out because...  there's already attempts by big media to social engineer this as never ending.  We could have 96 % population density immunization against the C-19 and all variants, and plied fear and paranoia will still have us 'sheeple' with imposed upon liberties -

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Since when can state governments discriminate based on race?

https://mobile.twitter.com/GovPhilScott/status/1377605174320099335?

Not saying it's right (it's also silly in VT where there are a total of like 5 "BIPOC" people in the entire state), but there isn't clear precedent to say whether or not it is legal.

This paper has a nice discussion on the issue: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3765168

tldr: A strict racial test probably wouldn't be allowed but a "social vulnerability" index (that takes into account race as one of its inputs) is fine. 

Just now, bch2014 said:

Not saying it's right (it's also silly in VT where there are a total of like 5 "BIPOC" people in the entire state), but there isn't clear precedent to say whether or not it is legal.

This paper has a nice discussion on the issue: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3765168

tldr: A strict racial test probably wouldn't be allowed but a "social vulnerability" index (that takes into account race as one of its inputs) is fine. 

Crazy. The tweet clearly refers to a racial categorization, not “vulnerability.” Every day when I think we can’t go any further off the rails...

32 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

Probably should have been rolled out by age only. It's pretty clear by now who is the most vulnerable to severe illness and death. Once they went down the "identity" distribution rabbit hole, it was open season for every interest group to try and make the case for why they should be next. .

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Probably should have been rolled out by age only. It's pretty clear by now who is the most vulnerable to severe illness and death. Once they went down the "identity" distribution rabbit hole, it was open season for every interest group to try and make the case for why they should be next. .

I don’t disagree with you. At this point though-pretty much anyone can get the vaccine if they want to/try hard enough. 

That will become true across all states (officially) over the next couple weeks...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bch2014 said:

I don’t disagree with you. At this point though-pretty much anyone can get the vaccine if they want to/try hard enough. 

That will become true across all states (officially) over the next couple weeks...

Yup it’s not that difficult, even in PA. Already had first and scheduled for second. 

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I'm guessing they were looking at 1/8...12.5%   Not sure why that fraction...

Although the wording of the order does indeed say 12%...not 12.5%        That also does not include employees and vendors

That's the number that your Gov set, That's been the attendance number at the B's games too.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I saw today if you have been vax'd you can travel in the US anywhere without being tested for covid or quarantining after.

Ya, just don't loose your identification card showing info etc...... I wonder if you take a picture with cell phone ,if  that would work etc. if traveling and they want to see proof

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Ya, just don't loose your identification card showing info etc...... I wonder if you take a picture with cell phone ,if  that would work etc. if traveling and they want to see proof

I would think so if it has your name on it instead of laminating it with a lanyard around your neck..............:lol:

• Haha 1