• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

McKesson is another one of those businesses that raked in insane profits during the height of the pandemic. Not all that dissimilar to other businesses, they were either the only game in town for some stuff, or the only place that wasn’t closed down and not allowed to function.

Target, Home Depot, Lowe’s, Walmart, etc etc.

We  used to order some supplies from them at my old job 20+ years ago.   I had forgotten about them until CT Blizz mentioned them a few years back.

They are sort of like Grainger for medical supplies.   They don't sell vaccines that I know of

Speaking of which, I fell a little crappy today.  Still working, but a day off might not have been a bad idea.  

34 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

McKesson is another one of those businesses that raked in insane profits during the height of the pandemic. Not all that dissimilar to other businesses, they were either the only game in town for some stuff, or the only place that wasn’t closed down and not allowed to function.

It's the broom stick and the 11 year old vs the paranoid yellow jacket nests among ... LOL

In a pure arithmetic sense of it, as in "math" removes any human conception, conceit and/or designed variance therein ...  those orgs that defaulted as robber barons for dumb luck being in the right place at the right time ....  the ZOOM social media platforms, the Mask makers. Hygiene this... and BIG MEDIA ( holy shit on the latter!), including those on your list there, all of them, they should have their records pulled.   Yeah capitalism is all good, but extraordinary circumstances should really count - not when it means the vitality of the same system that operates that capitalism.  You can reap the system and give nothing back - that is called what a class?

'a PARAsite'

In an ideal fantasy of ethical framework, some sort of "eminent economic domain" wealth reclamation Act type of one time huge % tax levied.

Those funds are in turn distributed to fund the "stimulus" effort - everything stays even. 

Not rolling up the deficit to incomprehensibly large numbers, so vast as to ultimately become insolvent. The only way out of which is one of two means- 

Write off - in which case the value of the U.S. dollar pretty much isn't worth the poop it can be used to wipe

WAR   

.... the ultimate paranoia is that this was all a 10 year plan to get the machinery of the Industrial Military Complex greased-up and primed.   

I mean, CNN has made billions in media- fear mongering ....those c-cks*ers should finance the entire research.

Obviously, none of that can happen in reality. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lol. The vast majority of the population knows who Mckesson is. Unless you live under a rock. I mean are you serious? 

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I never heard of them until he explained who they are.  

I know who they are because i had some med supplies from them and they had offices here in Lew.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

All took advantage of the consumer, The med supply companies were the worst, Plain fact.

33 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

A friends brother is a store manager at Lowes who is making like 5x his normal salary in sales bonuses. They often exceed their average weekly pre-covid sales in a single day now. 

5 minutes ago, BrianW said:

A friends brother is a store manager at Lowes who is making like 5x his normal salary in sales bonuses. They often exceed their average weekly pre-covid sales in a single day now. 

Yeah ...and most just sit on that transfer of wealth while the vitality of the whole system teeters ...and the countless untold stories of suffering at per capita level because the vaster majority have no personal advocates -

But everyone knows, including those cha-chinging, that they are out there ... and, the suffering and systemic econcomic collapse is out there ...while they reap and keep it quiet.

It's my point, .... capitalism without consciousness ...

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My daughter,son in law and 2 grandaughters caught Covid last week. All had mild cases and are fine. Good for their future immunity.

More people should look at getting mild COVID and recovering as a very good thing. Those people are contributing to herd immunity. Too many people seem to be aghast at it. 

• Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

You go to Gilllete?

Negative. I went to cvs in carver off of 44. I was up at like 130 last Saturday and went online and had the pick of whatever times I wanted. 

Does anyone know if Cvs locations are rotating who has the shots? The guy who gave the shot said they are shutting down after tomorrow until people who had this weeks doses need their second.

17 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Jerry.. try Google. There’s a plethora of articles and research on possible side effects. I’m not trying to start trouble. To each their own. Hope things work out for everyone 

Nothing came up.   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In non Covid related news...things are starting to get very tense in eastern Ukraine. Over a canal that pre-Russian invasion used to serve Crimea. Nary a word about it in western media.

Our first water war, however tangentially, on the horizon- who’s the doomsayer now?