• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Got covid now. Body chills, sweating, sinus pressure and mild headache with a slight cough. Also extreme fatigue
The first symptom i noticed was the sinus pressure. 
The fatigue is crazy.

Hope you feel better soon, I’ve been on pins and needles asking my wife how she feels.. she finally told me to stop asking. Every cough worries me...the good news she has not coughed much, but yeah she is exhausted

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mreaves said:

Lol, yeah. To each their own, but I’d be far more concerned with the potential long term effects of actually having the virus. Like the random heart issues popping up in healthy basically a symptomatic patients.

People think just because they only got the sniffles that it is NBD. Who knows what your insides look like.

Im not going to go down this road because I don’t want to get into a pissing contest, but you have to be really careful about the negative stuff you read about with regards to the vaccines.... a lot of terrible anti vaxx sentiment out there.

I got the J&J shot 3 weeks ago and had no side effects other than a sore upper arm for a day. 

I managed to get it at the local CVS by getting on their waiting list for “no show” appointments. At the end of each day, if they’ve had any no-shows, they’ll have open viles of the vaccine with doses left in there (they have 5 doses per vile). So they either have to throw them away or use them that day. So that is how to get the vax if you aren’t officially eligible yet. You get on the use-it-or-lose-it list. 

• Like 4

I got the J&J shot 3 weeks ago and had no side effects other than a sore upper arm for a day. 
I managed to get it at the local CVS by getting on their waiting list for “no show” appointments. At the end of each day, if they’ve had any no-shows, they’ll have open viles of the vaccine with doses left in there (they have 5 doses per vile). So they either have to throw them away or use them that day. So that is how to get the vax if you aren’t officially eligible yet. You get on the use-it-or-lose-it list. 

I assume you have to call them? It’s not on the website?

I know 5 people who have gotten COVID and they're all fine.  My anecdotal evidence says I have nothing to worry about.  I'm also type O blood and there's some evidence that you don't get as sick if you're O? 

100k doses of J&J being delivered to MA. Good cuz that's the one I want. Old school vaccine. 

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's how I got mine in mid March-I go back 4/6 for the 2nd dose.  Was glad to get it then as CT goes everyone eligible starting tomorrow.  Will be a cluster for a couple of weeks trying to get a slot

20 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

In fairness, there are plenty of people talking about "long term effects" from COVID of which there is no proof either. Plenty of unfounded fear to go around.

That said, if you are considering the vaccine at all, you probably should just get it.

But don't you want to prevent impending doom? 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I assume you have to call them? It’s not on the website?

Correct. You have to get on their list each day. But I got called the first day, lol. They said it happens all the time. They were happy to give it to people and not throw out the doses. 

16 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

I know 5 people who have gotten COVID and they're all fine.  My anecdotal evidence says I have nothing to worry about.  I'm also type O blood and there's some evidence that you don't get as sick if you're O? 

100k doses of J&J being delivered to MA. Good cuz that's the one I want. Old school vaccine. 

The statistical evidence says you probably have nothing to worry about either, no anecdotes required.

Gotta love that the people complaining about the media manipulating the population with negative news are the very same people predicting certain societal breakdowns in our lifetimes. Ironic much?  Negativity sells, always has and always will-  shocking development I know.

Maybe as part of our all but certain dystopian future we don’t allow people born in say 1980 or before access to the internet. Boomers just can’t handle it. The people telling me as a young boy: don’t believe everything you read are the same people now saying you get Alzheimer’s from a vaccine, or that Trump is a Russian agent.

Its like those people that throw around the word snowflake. You just know they are the most thin skinned people out there.  It’s a tell...would love to play liars poker with some of you. Maybe at the next gtg, only if we all get our vaccine passports that the future Orwellian government will mandate of course.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Supernovice said:

Gotta love that the people complaining about the media manipulating the population with negative news are the very same people predicting certain societal breakdowns in our lifetimes. Ironic much?  Negativity sells, always has and always will-  shocking development I know.

Maybe as part of our all but certain dystopian future we don’t allow people born in say 1980 or before access to the internet. Boomers just can’t handle it. The people telling me as a young boy: don’t believe everything you read are the same people now saying you get Alzheimer’s from a vaccine, or that Trump is a Russian agent.

Its like those people that throw around the word snowflake. You just know they are the most thin skinned people out there.  It’s a tell...would love to play liars poker with some of you. Maybe at the next gtg, only if we all get our vaccine passports that the future Orwellian government will mandate of course.

I bet you believed them when they said it was just 15 days to "flatten the curve" to save the hospitals. LOL

And you aren't even vaccinated yet because you claim you are not at risk... what a fraud.

• Weenie 1

11 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I bet you believed them when they said it was just 15 days to "flatten the curve" to save the hospitals. LOL

And you aren't even vaccinated yet because you claim you are not at risk... what a fraud.

Ok boomer.

That was too easy. I’ll put you down as a ‘maybe’ for liars poker.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hmmmm.. how about Alzheimer’s, dimentia or the myriad of other possible side effects studies are showing? 

Link?   This ought to be good.....

my 93 year old cognitively impaired gramma was cognitively impaired after the shot.   Yup-causes dementia..

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Lol, yeah. To each their own, but I’d be far more concerned with the potential long term effects of actually having the virus. Like the random heart issues popping up in healthy basically a symptomatic patients.

People think just because they only got the sniffles that it is NBD. Who knows what your insides look like.

Im not going to go down this road because I don’t want to get into a pissing contest, but you have to be really careful about the negative stuff you read about with regards to the vaccines.... a lot of terrible anti vaxx sentiment out there.

I just thought it was funny that DIT mentioned Alzheimer’s and the first 2 articles I found basically contradicted what he said. Now, these aren’t really scholarly articles but I didn’t see anything claiming the vaccine was linked with Alzheimer’s.