Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

On 3/19/2021 at 6:02 PM, weathafella said:

Well while my 2nd shot had effects that were easy to get through my wife was less fortunate. Had hers yesterday and slammed today.  It does seem worse in women vs men.

Had mine thurs afternoon late, Woke up friday morning with a general sore arm and some muscle aches which was NBD, But Saturday morning around 2 am, Woke up to some chills and slight fever,  Took some tylenol and stayed up 30 mins or so then went back to sleep and was fine when i awoke.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Half of what you just described is probably illegal now. :(

A bunch of stuff I did as a kid would get a kid’s parents arrested now if some Karen tattled on them. 

Same here.  My dad handloaded both pistol and rifle cartridges, and from some of his leftovers my friend and I learned how differently black powder and smokeless burned.  A foot-long stripe of black flashed instantly while the same with smokeless took 3-4 seconds, burning like a sparkler.  Of course, encased in the chamber of my .30-06, that smokeless powder accelerates a 0.4 oz chunk of metal from zero to 1700 mph in less than a thousandth of a second.  Who would risk jail today by giving their kids stuff like that.  (Of course, my friend and I had been handling/shooting firearms for years, with gun safety driven into our brains over and over.)

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Had mine thurs afternoon late, Woke up friday morning with a general sore arm and some muscle aches which was NBD, But Saturday morning around 2 am, Woke up to some chills and slight fever,  Took some tylenol and stayed up 30 mins or so then went back to sleep and was fine when i awoke.

Good news

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Good news

Yeah, Those were inline with the mild symptoms, My 85yr old mom had the same shot on friday and just had a sore arm, My sister got here first Moderna shot Saturday and had a bad headache, Sore arm and was sluggish yesterday.

4 hours ago, dryslot said:

Yeah, Those were inline with the mild symptoms, My 85yr old mom had the same shot on friday and just had a sore arm, My sister got here first Moderna shot Saturday and had a bad headache, Sore arm and was sluggish yesterday.

All classic.   Older with less reactions and females more than males although I’m not sure what the J&J vs Moderna is with those demographics.   Glad your “vaxed” Jeff!

• Like 2

On 3/20/2021 at 10:22 PM, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I designed and ordered a shed in December. It was like $6000.

3 months later that same build would be like 8 thousand dollars. Material prices are sky rocketing. 

Lol....I’m getting a $600 shed and bitching about it.  Only purpose is to house the blowe, mower, chainsaw, garden stuff.  

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol....I’m getting a $600 shed and bitching about it.  Only purpose is to house the blowe, mower, chainsaw, garden stuff.  

My parents got like a 7x7 plastic lifetime shed. It was supposed to be a temporary thing after we moved in, but they’ve kept it. Thing sucks lol. It leaks, it’s warping, and it doesn’t match the house.

23 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

My parents got like a 7x7 plastic lifetime shed. It was supposed to be a temporary thing after we moved in, but they’ve kept it. Thing sucks lol. It leaks, it’s warping, and it doesn’t match the house.

Lol. We bought a Home Depot ultra cheap shed back in 1998 when we bought our house.  Still standing and keeping the nice and hornets dry

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, WhitinsvilleWX said:

Got Moderna #1 at 4:30. So far all is well.

Just a little arm soreness this morning when I woke up. Already pretty much gone. Didn't even take any pain reliever. 

Next shot at 4:30, April 20th, Natick Mall. I had a text on my phone with the link to sign up for the second appt by the time I walked over to the 15 minute waiting area. I think the state finally has the website kinks worked out.

I heard a lady say that they were doing 2000 per day at that site.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Lol. We bought a Home Depot ultra cheap shed back in 1998 when we bought our house.  Still standing and keeping the nice and hornets dry

Our 8-by-12 shed was probably built soon after the 1975 house, and looked old when we moved here in 1998.  When I attempted to jack it up last spring, the base at one end was too rotten to jack.  My goal this spring is to empty the shed (no small task) and take it down, saving all but the shingles, floor and its supports, siding and the door.  I cut a cedar last spring and sawed it lengthwise, to make new base beams, will need to buy floor joists and 3 sheets of plywood but hope that the above-floor framing is all good.  Should be able to do it for perhaps 1/4 the price of brand new.

16 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Is the shed blue? If so, save it and designate it a neighborhood shelter for the next cat 4.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That will cost you a bit in MA.  Each town has different rates for bulky waste.  

Not that I'm suggesting it should be free, trash is expensive business.

I often put a piece out each week with my regular trash...LOL-takes away to get rid of something bulky but it saves on a bulk item pickup.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That will cost you a bit in MA.  Each town has different rates for bulky waste.  

Not that I'm suggesting it should be free, trash is expensive business.

It sure is, But that's where i make my money, Municipal waste is up 30% in several cities/towns from last year due to covid.....:)

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Haz waste is where it’s at

I don't deal with any hazmat, But all those nice pretty colored printed bags (PAYT) that go thru the transfer station or at the curb for the waste hauler are mostly my company's product..............;)

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 9:00 AM, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Speaking of lack of supplies. Look at the shortage in Semiconductor chips closely .

Thoughts on the NFT craze?

TKAT and now HOFV and DLPN took off... don't know much about it, not sure if this is just another meme fad or a future in cyrptovaluation of digital art and other items. NYTimes had a feature on it this week.