Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

830 am Euro central bank press conference is the next news market mover 

watch Yield response . If yields fall Nasdaq likely  reclaim 50 day moving average and money flows into Nasdaq . if they rise, things Likely get chaotic again 

If ECB backs themselves into a higher yields equal confidence corner than I would hide 

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And to think that 5 minutes after I posted this we got a call from my wife’s friend who is volunteering at a local clinic. They once again had some leftovers and said if we can get there in 10 minutes we could both be vaccinated. 

I drove so fast.  We both got Pfizer 1.  

PACC in Gardner? That's where my folks went. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

And to think that 5 minutes after I posted this we got a call from my wife’s friend who is volunteering at a local clinic. They once again had some leftovers and said if we can get there in 10 minutes we could both be vaccinated. 

I drove so fast.  We both got Pfizer 1.  

First yesterday Moderna second April 7th

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

First yesterday Moderna second April 7th

My 1st, last Friday, was NBD - bit of short-lived soreness at the stick-point but only if I pressed on the spot.  Farmington hospital has a smooth system, not super-huge but injecting 1-2 per minute with proper distancing in a relatively small space.  Next is April 2 and I anticipate more aftereffects, per reports from others about Moderna #2.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, tamarack said:

My 1st, last Friday, was NBD - bit of short-lived soreness at the stick-point but only if I pressed on the spot.  Farmington hospital has a smooth system, not super-huge but injecting 1-2 per minute with proper distancing in a relatively small space.  Next is April 2 and I anticipate more aftereffects, per reports from others about Moderna #2.

Some body aches this morning , tired but fine

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

My third nipple is already coming along

Probably more prosaic effects such as issues with fertility or immune response to other infections. Hope the vaccine works out for everyone who gets one.

I am at very low-risk from the virus and have already been out in public settings doing my thing all along anyway, so I don't see much reason to get the shot and take away doses from those who really want one. Plus, a surprisingly high number of people I know are reporting pretty severe illness after getting the second dose. I know more people now with a severe vaccine reaction than I know who even have mild COVID. Just my personal circle of acquaintances.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

43 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Congrats Mexico for legalizing marijuana. This will put a lot of pressure on the US with weed now legal in both Canada in Mexico.

Yeah, everything from the Harrison act forward has been complete nonsense.  There is so much more in the world that is more harmful than Cannabis. It’s always been about the money.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

ECB to buy more bonds increase QE within their current monetary policy which was unchanged but devil in details

nasdaq should move higher 

Nasdaq regained its 50 day moving average and some stimulus money will also add to stock market Speculation next 2 weeks . Bullish technicals are back 

markets will probably give back a little tomorrow as they have rocked the last 3 days But things look technically much better 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Nasdaq regained its 50 day moving average and some stimulus money will also add to stock market Speculation next 2 weeks . Bullish technicals are back 

markets will probably give back a little tomorrow as they have rocked the last 3 days But things look technically much better 

technically speaking... this was a fantastic day, and still running AH's.

image.png.2e528ce477df9cb4d5464cec33ffa940.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, everything from the Harrison act forward has been complete nonsense.  There is so much more in the world that is more harmful than Cannabis. It’s always been about the money.

Have you tried delta 8 thc yet? I picked up some distillate and made some edibles and vaped some. I have been enjoying it. Don't think its going to be legal much longer though. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, butterfish55 said:
23 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:
Yep. 3/31.    Brewery tour begins 4/15.   

That so awesome. My 2nd is on 3/29 at Gillette. I can't wait

As you, me, and bob discussed today. Definitely seemed like more appointments were released today. Was able to schedule my dad and mother in law for shots next week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Probably more prosaic effects such as issues with fertility or immune response to other infections. Hope the vaccine works out for everyone who gets one.

I am at very low-risk from the virus and have already been out in public settings doing my thing all along anyway, so I don't see much reason to get the shot and take away doses from those who really want one. Plus, a surprisingly high number of people I know are reporting pretty severe illness after getting the second dose. I know more people now with a severe vaccine reaction than I know who even have mild COVID. Just my personal circle of acquaintances.

How long have the reactions been?   Most report a day.  I think younger people with better immune systems react strongest.   But I have a 75 year old friend who felt pretty bad for 24 hours.  I’ll let you know when we get our 2nd next week. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

How long have the reactions been?   Most report a day.  I think younger people with better immune systems react strongest.   But I have a 75 year old friend who felt pretty bad for 24 hours.  I’ll let you know when we get our 2nd next week. 

Several people we know had 100+ fevers for 24-48 hours and major fatigue and flu-like symptoms for a few days. They were really laid-low for a while. Missed work and all that. I am not a vaccine expert, but that seems more intense than I have ever heard about the flu vaccine. The handful of folks I know who have gotten COVID itself over the last few months had very mild symptoms, mostly the taste/smell thing with sometimes a touch of fatigue. That’s just my circle, however. I’m sure others have vastly different perceptions. 

40 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Several people we know had 100+ fevers for 24-48 hours and major fatigue and flu-like symptoms for a few days. They were really laid-low for a while. Missed work and all that. I am not a vaccine expert, but that seems more intense than I have ever heard about the flu vaccine. The handful of folks I know who have gotten COVID itself over the last few months had very mild symptoms, mostly the taste/smell thing with sometimes a touch of fatigue. That’s just my circle, however. I’m sure others have vastly different perceptions. 

Most of the people I know who have had covid did ok but not all and it seems that the randomness of it is one of the  problems.   Naturally us old folks are expected to have much higher risk but I know some young folks with miserable long standing symptoms.  With that said, I am pretty confident that a lot of the reduction in incidence and hospitalizations is due to the growing number  of people vaccinated.  Herd immunity is close imho.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, weathafella said:

Back in January, 12-36 hours after Moderna #2: fever to 101.5 peaked at 24 hours, could barely leave bed or eat.

Caught me by surprise, and many others reported similar. That RNA works!

As I'm sure you've heard, radiologists are also incidentally seeing enlarged lymph nodes especially in vicinity of the shot, and even recommend deferring elective / screening imaging because it can raise false alarms of malignancy.

1 hour ago, wxsniss said:

Back in January, 12-36 hours after Moderna #2: fever to 101.5 peaked at 24 hours, could barely leave bed or eat.

Caught me by surprise, and many others reported similar. That RNA works!

As I'm sure you've heard, radiologists are also incidentally seeing enlarged lymph nodes especially in vicinity of the shot, and even recommend deferring elective / screening imaging because it can raise false alarms of malignancy.

So much variability.....

Our daughter had a sore neck but otherwise ok after the 2nd Moderna.  Others got pretty sick for 24 hours.   Most of my old colleagues where I used to work had the 24 hour misery but some were fine.  And all (like you) are under age 55.   My arm was sore for Moderna shot 1 for a few days but otherwise I was fine.   My wife’s siblings (all younger than her) had minor effects.   I’m looking forward to having it behind us next week.