• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter

Baroclinic Zone

Have a tremendous stomach ache, cramping, light fever.... same way i had a sore throat and cough last March.  Wonder if Im patient zero for March 2021's super pandemic virus.    Only plus is I've been on island the whole time unlike last year so not a ton of contact with non islanders.

3 minutes ago, The Graupler said:

Have a tremendous stomach ache, cramping, light fever.... same way i had a sore throat and cough last March.  Wonder if Im patient zero for March 2021's super pandemic virus.    Only plus is I've been on island the whole time unlike last year so not a ton of contact with non islanders.

Bad hops?

21 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Good size banks up northb6211f478f926833eac711d98b0d4102.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Rt 1 between CAR and PQI?  (Though there's other Aroostook drift-catchers.) 
Late in the least snowy of my 10 Fort Kent winters, a March snowfall was followed the next day (Saturday) by winds which closed the town's ski tow after a man was blown off the trail and into the trees.  Monday evening we drove to PQI for a forestry meeting and there was 1/4-1/2 mile in that CAR-PQI stretch that still had massively packed 12-15' drifts, the traffic temporarily rerouted thru a potato field downwind from the pavement.

1 hour ago, The Graupler said:

Must have been the chicken.

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Getting an appointment is frustrating here in CT. Ugh

My parents, both over 85 have had zero luck in Southbury.  They have had some mini issues in that area with people getting the vaccine who probably should not be at this point...Or at least from a point of a few weeks ago, when it was supposed to be over 75 years old only.

58 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Happens a lot up there in those open fields.

Learned early on that's a different area than where I worked when living in Fort Kent - more like the northern plains only with more snow.  Can recall being in the woods between Allagash and St.-Pamphile on a breezy day following a modest (6") snowfall.  Gusts were emptying the treetops but no problems, then while driving home I'd hear that Rt 1 was closed.  In late Feb 1982 we had 2 straight days with highs near zero and gusts 50+ - thought the blasts coming down the St. John River would tip the office trailer, it was shaking so badly.  Early on day 2 we heard from the State Police than all roads north of HUL were closed.   Not exactly true, but the intent was to prevent even more drivers getting marooned in dangerous temps.  (March 1 that year had a low of -32.  Spring was less than 3 weeks away!)

In other news, finally caught up with the vaccinators, 1st dose tomorrow at the Farmington hospital.  :D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Learned early on that's a different area than where I worked when living in Fort Kent - more like the northern plains only with more snow.  Can recall being in the woods between Allagash and St.-Pamphile on a breezy day following a modest (6") snowfall.  Gusts were emptying the treetops but no problems, then while driving home I'd hear that Rt 1 was closed.  In late Feb 1982 we had 2 straight days with highs near zero and gusts 50+ - thought the blasts coming down the St. John River would tip the office trailer, it was shaking so badly.  Early on day 2 we heard from the State Police than all roads north of HUL were closed.   Not exactly true, but the intent was to prevent even more drivers getting marooned in dangerous temps.  (March 1 that year had a low of -32.  Spring was less than 3 weeks away!)

In other news, finally caught up with the vaccinators, 1st dose tomorrow at the Farmington hospital.  :D

I've been thru that section over the years a few times, Its impressive, Good luck with the Vac.

• Like 1

Heh...

Trying to say 'no politics and no covid' in this World's present dystopian ambience of vicissitudes is akin to Leslie Neilson trying to disperse a crowd of gawkers  waving them off, "Nothing to see here. Go on home. Disperse. Nothing at all to see here..."          while a fireworks factory is detonating behind him in the backdrop -

wtf... It's a banter thread -

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Heh...

Trying to say 'no politics and no covid' in this World's present dystopian ambience of vicissitudes is akin to Leslie Neilson trying to disperse a crowd of gawkers  waving them off, "Nothing to see here. Go on home. Disperse. Nothing at all to see here..."          while a fireworks factory is detonating behind him in the backdrop -

wtf... It's a banter thread -

Only spring weather talk...and this cannot include talk of severe weather as there is another thread for that.  It must NEVER include discussions of spring gardening as there is a thread for that.  And last but not least... if there is a winter storm that straddles the Spring Equinox you must be careful which thread to discuss it in...Winter Thread, or Spring Thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

This is kinda interesting...

the AMO ...  may be a fantasy index?

https://phys.org/news/2021-03-apparent-atlantic-artifact-climate.html

Para phrasing that article, ...it seems that external factors are to blame for the apparent oscillations of the N. Atlantic oceanic temperatures ( ~ 60 year period).  Those being natural vulcanism during pre-anthropomorphic Industrial, and since the Industrial evolution... some of this apparent 'AMO' is cause by us... 

That means that the AMO does not have its one climate oscillation mechanism like previously thought - which means soooo many seasonal outlooks were fantastically based upon wrong factorization - usually snowy drooling ones too haha.

It's kind of funny if that's true.  People want snow and cold in winter, and used the AMO to forecast that ...and it has nothing to do with the atmophere in a forcing schematic at all. It has to do with whether some factory in China farts in the right direction -

I'm not sure if that means there is no influence by SST/oceanic heat content.  I think it is overrated for America ...more so a factor for western Europe as as stemmed discussion tho -

Markets love to front run what the Fed is going to do 

Powell to markets and investment banks today .

You can  bid up bond yields As fast as you want and I will sit on my hands . Stocks will fall and a levered market will unwind but I’m sitting on my hands . So whatever amount of capital speculators and investment banks can come up with ..they were told Today ..bid up bond yields and I won’t do anything to intervene till some future point when the rise is disorderly . Markets respond by bidding up yields as he flaps his mouth . That was the worst public showing by a fed chairman in a while . He is asking them to make money shorting bonds and when bond rise stock valuations keep repricing lower until they reach a valuation that matches the norm for that interest rate . In doing so he is throwing away the trillions in support he has put behind market That has been used to lower interest rates .