Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 6/7 Bermuda Basher

ILMRoss

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Once this weekend uneventfully passes, you guys need to seek help immediately.  This winter is going to scar a lot of folks.  I'm going back to my previously scheduled mild and rainy spring where the weeds are already ankle high.  

No way, man.  I’m racking up the faux snow this year.  Up to four feet now.  Check out the end of the GFS run.

image.gif.c4687ad0d19db73cc57d4061c7c0f08e.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kvegas-wx said:

Once this weekend uneventfully passes, you guys need to seek help immediately.  This winter is going to scar a lot of folks.  I'm going back to my previously scheduled mild and rainy spring where the weeds are already ankle high.  

I take it majority of ppl are of this thinking being there is literally no chatter in here for 8-10hrs at the time 

• Like 1

It's not the high that's squashing this. It's the confluence over New England and resultant positive tilt. Need that to weaken and s/w to dive down further west. Still time.

Also -- this is mid-day in March. Need some great dynamics (read: phasing between streams) to overcome the laserbeam-like sun angle we've got now. 

Total wag, but I'd still be watching if I were east of I-95 in NC or soutwest mountain folks as it comes across. Mighty big lift to get everyone in play.

• Like 2

I kinda made this as a little tongue-in-cheek response to this slow torture of a winter. I mean there’s a reason I called it the “Bermuda Basher”. I don’t think many people had legitimate aspirations for this storm, although I did think it had some potential.

I think Webb put this really well... didn’t take much to change the game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ILMRoss said:

I kinda made this as a little tongue-in-cheek response to this slow torture of a winter. I mean there’s a reason I called it the “Bermuda Basher”. I don’t think many people had legitimate aspirations for this storm, although I did think it had some potential.

I think Webb put this really well... didn’t take much to change the game.

Yeah I agree but I think you had a couple of weenies thinking this had a good shot just because it always trends NW.  today’s supposed rain actually trended SE.  Gfs looks pretty dry the next 10 days . 

5 minutes ago, Grayman said:

Yeah I agree but I think you had a couple of weenies thinking this had a good shot just because it always trends NW.  today’s supposed rain actually trended SE.  Gfs looks pretty dry the next 10 days . 

No.  This idea of this thread had nothing to do with irrational exuberance.  Posters realized this storm was a Hail Mary going into spring.  This thread was a tongue-in-cheek experiment to see if we could change the apparent jinx of how storm threads are started.  Please don’t read more into it than what’s there.

• Thanks 3