Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter 2021

George BM

15 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Cherries are absolutely wonderful

Pineapple belongs on pizza with ham or pepperoni

Mangoes from a tree are literally one of the most delicious things you can have

Key Lime pie from the Florida Keys is so good. Y'all need to try it from Sparky's in Marathon

I need to try the pizza that @CAPE just suggested. That sounds absolutely heavenly

And Happy Birthday @vastateofmind and @Always in Zugzwang!!! :drunk:

Thank you!!  Hope you are doing well these days yourself...

Mangoes are great, especially fresh (never had them right off the tree though).  The only thing is peeling and cutting the damned things!  I've seen videos, tried it myself, but it's a mess anyhow!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mappy said:

pineapple on pizza is the shit. 

:cliff:

3 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

Nectarines need to be even or above peaches.

And I will not stand for any raspberry slander.

:clap:

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

After seeing my last post quoted and re-reading it, I want to make it clear that cherries, apples and some nuts make my ears itch. They do not make some nuts itch.

:lol:

12 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL. People in NoVA always mock me, especially living south of the Mason Dixon Line these past few decades, because I've always said "Pee-kin"  :D 

Grew up saying Pea-can, was corrected by Mr. J's Texas family that is is Pea-con. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Treated myself to a used Sigma 100-400mm telephoto lens, which arrived today.  Nice!  And in excellent shape for the price as used.  Tried it out a little, works great, but damn it's kinda heavy especially on the full frame Canon I have!  Thank goodness for image stabilization! :D  It's not all that extremely heavy, and much lighter than some other really long telephotos, but definitely need to be careful lining up a shot (especially at the long end).

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Thank you!!  Hope you are doing well these days yourself...

Mangoes are great, especially fresh (never had them right off the tree though).  The only thing is peeling and cutting the damned things!  I've seen videos, tried it myself, but it's a mess anyhow!

Hanging in there down here. Was in the Austin/San Antonio area this past weekend. Had a blast. Ate a lot of great food, including some world class BBQ (Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX is UNBELIEVABLE).

Back is healing up slowly, but I'm stoked to see a world renowned chiropractor in SC in early April. Should do wonders and get me back near 100%, so I'm very excited. Started my own food review blog on Twitter. Slowly gaining traction. I have a domain all set and just have to set it up in full. Will have that up and rolling soon. Lots of travel plans this summer. 

Hopefully everything is going well back east! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Hanging in there down here. Was in the Austin/San Antonio area this past weekend. Had a blast. Ate a lot of great food, including some world class BBQ (Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX is UNBELIEVABLE).

Back is healing up slowly, but I'm stoked to see a world renowned chiropractor in SC in early April. Should do wonders and get me back near 100%, so I'm very excited. Started my own food review blog on Twitter. Slowly gaining traction. I have a domain all set and just have to set it up in full. Will have that up and rolling soon. Lots of travel plans this summer. 

Hopefully everything is going well back east! 

Glad things are looking well, especially with your back improving!

Ohhhh, BBQ!  Damn I could go for that!!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Treated myself to a used Sigma 100-400mm telephoto lens, which arrived today.  Nice!  And in excellent shape for the price as used.  Tried it out a little, works great, but damn it's kinda heavy especially on the full frame Canon I have!  Thank goodness for image stabilization! :D  It's not all that extremely heavy, and much lighter than some other really long telephotos, but definitely need to be careful lining up a shot (especially at the long end).

This is great news. Now, since you have an upgraded tool (and obviously the skill!), please do share some springtime pics in the coming weeks. Absolutely love when folks share pics here and in other threads...and not just of beer pours.  :) 

BTW, as a fellow chess aficionado, I thought you'd appreciate that I treated myself to a Kindle copy of "The Queen's Gambit" today, the source novel that inspired the hit Netflix series. It's on sale on Amazon for $2.99 right now and is well reviewed!

22 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

This is great news. Now, since you have an upgraded tool (and obviously the skill!), please do share some springtime pics in the coming weeks. Absolutely love when folks share pics here and in other threads...and not just of beer pours.  :) 

BTW, as a fellow chess aficionado, I thought you'd appreciate that I treated myself to a Kindle copy of "The Queen's Gambit" today, the source novel that inspired the hit Netflix series. It's on sale on Amazon for $2.99 right now and is well reviewed!

I will share photos, indeed!  I'm already on the hook for some tulips for @mappy, when they start blooming!

That's cool about "The Queen's Gambit!"  Haven't seen that.  And glad to see another chess aficionado, though I'm probably not all that good (not as good as I was when I used to play more).  I still enjoy reading about some of these historical players and their games/tournaments, especially the older ones from the early and mid 20th century.  Capablanca, Lasker, Tarrasch, Bronstein, etc.  I believe @yoda is a chess fan as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

#PREACH. I like, not love, cherries....the sweeter kind, not the sour ones.

But when it comes to pie, pecan pie is my all-time fave...ANY variety of pecan pie. (Granted, pecans are not a fruit, but we're onto pie now, so....)

You were doing so well...then....off the rails

• Haha 1

My sixth grader has had quite a tumultuous school year.  Attended school 2 days a week for the first 6 weeks, then had 13 weeks of remote learning when the schools closed.  Followed by 3 weeks of 2 days a week again, and then finally got back to 5 days a week for the past 6 weeks which made a world of difference for him.  Best we have seen him do in a year.

Yesterday we got word he had close contact with a COVID-positive student and was being quarantined from school for 10 days.  Which actually will be almost 3 weeks since his time ends at the beginning of a week-long Spring break.  I told him he should shoot for straight A’s in the last quarter as an FU to the whole damned pandemic.  He liked the idea.  Hope he stays healthy and motivated.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

It’s nice to watch the O’s live tonight. I like their lineup defensively. I wish they had some pitching but they’ll be fun to watch this year.

There will be many 7 runs scored, 11 runs given up kind of games this year. I just want to see improvement with the bats and defense. I already know pitching is going to be abysmal. Still fun though! 

• Like 1

Oh my 3 alarm fire in my mouth. We decided to order in Curry. Well I thought that the last time I had done the chicken platter spicy and was fine with it. Well I just got done with it and my eyes will not stop watering and my mouth and lips are stinging. Obviously either I got it mild last time and it was just kind of spicy or I got it spicy and they amped up their spicy. Sinuses have cleared way out. :weep:

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Exactly 3 weeks ago I paid $60 a role for 12/2 romex. Today I paid $115 ( below ). About doubled in 21 days. The largest and quickest wire increase I've seen in 25+ years .  The shear rapidness Definitely caught me by a bit of surprise.  I figured an increase but nothing like this . A couple bids I've recently made aren't lookin so hot :yikes:. Luckily no massive big jobs . 

20210325_105054-1209x1612.jpg

I think Lowes is a little cheaper.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Exactly 3 weeks ago I paid $60 a role for 12/2 romex. Today I paid $115 ( below ). About doubled in 21 days. The largest and quickest wire increase I've seen in 25+ years .  The shear rapidness Definitely caught me by a bit of surprise.  I figured an increase but nothing like this . A couple bids I've recently made aren't lookin so hot :yikes:. Luckily no massive big jobs . 

12/2 or 14/2. Who’s going to know the difference?

:lightning:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Yikes! That’s a massive increase. 

17 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

The youngest Miss J has a bad intestinal reaction with the skin of apples. Found out it is the pectin. She can eat skinned apples just fine so that is what we do. 

Can she try apples off the tree from an orchard?  I thought they only put pectin on the apples to preserve them when shipping and to give that fake shine. 

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Why did you figure an increase would happen?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic