Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter 2021

George BM

15 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Easily top 3 of fruits.    Can't believe we did pineapples like that.  

GOLD STANDARD

1. Cherries

2 Pineapple

3 Mango

4 Peach

5 Strawberries 

6 Plum

7 Avocado 

BORING but Good:

Banana, Orange, Apple, Grape, Pear, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime

FINE, WOULD BE OK IF NEVER HAD AGAIN

Honeydew

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Kiwi

plum should be higher IMO, very underrated fruit. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2O said:

29 is a good number.  You can still get carded all the time.  And I'll never tell how many times I've turned 29

Getting carded...ahhh, yes. If I happen to accompany Mrs. V to Wegmans on the weekly food run and we head for the checkout with IPAs and wine in the cart, she starts loading up the conveyor belt while throwing a hard eyeroll my way and saying, "You're up," knowing how much I love racing to the plexiglass to show the checkout person my I.D. When you turn 55, that Wegmans mandatory I.D. check for alcohol turns out to be one of the simple joys in life.  :D 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

lol randy made the same joke. 

pineapple is really good when grilled/cooked. 

Yep. I'm not a huge fan of eating pineapple slices on their own....but pineapple chunks, with ribbons of (or diced-up) ham on a pizza, OMG. A relative made me try that combo years ago, and though I thought I'd hurl at the time, it's become one of my fave pizza combos.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wxdude64 said:

Oh, I WON'T argue with that. On kabobs and such...awesome. It (pineapple) just has ZERO business near a pizza.

pffft. its so good though. the saltiness from the bacon with the sweetness of pineapple. droooool. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, stormtracker said:

Cherries are worth the reaction.  I would risk coming perilously close to death for cherries.

I'll allow it.

Best take in this thread.

I went over to the Europe 2 years ago and visited a friend and his family's farm.  They had several cherry trees.  He told me to go ahead, knock yourself out.   I shit you not, I climbed into the trees and was out there for nearly an hour.  I stripped one tree almost bare and almost got sick from eating so many cherries.   On average, I have spent the equivalent of a mortgage payment on cherries per month.  

Our whole family loves cherries, but Ranier cherries are at the the tippy tippy top of the cherry hierarchy. I do love me some dried sour cherries, too!

3 hours ago, yoda said:

When I was younger (late teens into early 20s) I would still get carded for R rated movies because I was told that I looked younger than my age.  It was kind of funny to be going out to see a R rated movie at 11pm and all your friends buy their tickets and while waiting for you, the person behind the counter says "May I see your ID please?" :axe: 

I get carded regularly when buying alcohol, and I've lived more than half my life as a legal drinker. I don't hate when that happens. :lol:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Our whole family loves cherries, but Ranier cherries are at the the tippy tippy top of the cherry hierarchy. I do love me some dried sour cherries, too!

I get carded regularly when buying alcohol, and I've lived more than half my life as a legal drinker. I don't hate when that happens. :lol:

The weird thing tho...as much as I love cherries, I hate cherry pie.  

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

The weird thing tho...as much as I love cherries, I hate cherry pie.  

#PREACH. I like, not love, cherries....the sweeter kind, not the sour ones.

But when it comes to pie, pecan pie is my all-time fave...ANY variety of pecan pie. (Granted, pecans are not a fruit, but we're onto pie now, so....)

Cherries are absolutely wonderful

Pineapple belongs on pizza with ham or pepperoni

Mangoes from a tree are literally one of the most delicious things you can have

Key Lime pie from the Florida Keys is so good. Y'all need to try it from Sparky's in Marathon

I need to try the pizza that @CAPE just suggested. That sounds absolutely heavenly

And Happy Birthday @vastateofmind and @Always in Zugzwang!!! :drunk:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

#PREACH. I like, not love, cherries....the sweeter kind, not the sour ones.

But when it comes to pie, pecan pie is my all-time fave...ANY variety of pecan pie. (Granted, pecans are not a fruit, but we're onto pie now, so....)

I need to send you a homemade Pecan Pie from out here. Legit get Pecans from less than 50 miles to the east straight off the tree. It's marvelous

• Like 2

3 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Awww, TY very much for remembering, @mappy -- hope you're also having an awesome birthday, @Always in Zugzwang!   :D 

Thanks, you too!  I figure I'm old enough to know better...but still young enough not to care!!  I guess that's similar to being old enough to have no F's to give! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

LOL. People in NoVA always mock me, especially living south of the Mason Dixon Line these past few decades, because I've always said "Pee-kin"  :D 

I've heard a similar thing for "praline".  If you pronounce it like "pray-leen" in New Orleans, they'll about toss you out of the city!!  It's supposed to be "praw-leen".  But I guess that's true anywhere in the South!

• Haha 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic