Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, H2O said:

grain soaked watermelon is the shit

Actually per research grain soaked grapes are the bomb! I messed up some of my fellow college friends on a trash can of Harry Buffalo with grapes soaked in Everclear. We actually lit those things on fire!:whistle:

That being said my favorite fruit is star fruit. It is like a giant chewy sweet tart!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Actually per research grain soaked grapes are the bomb! I messed up some of my fellow college friends on a trash can of Harry Buffalo with grapes soaked in Everclear. We actually lit those things on fire!:whistle:

That being said my favorite fruit is star fruit. It is like a giant chewy sweet tart!

OMG....I forgot about the hairy buffalo "punch" made up in trashcans back in the day. Liquor bottles with "only that much left" would be dumped in the can just to use them up. LOLOL.

Along the lines of @H2O's previous mention....do vodka-soaked gummi bears count as "fruit?" Asking for a friend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, vastateofmind said:

OMG....I forgot about the hairy buffalo "punch" made up in trashcans back in the day. Liquor bottles with "only that much left" would be dumped in the can just to use them up. LOLOL.

Along the lines of @H2O's previous mention....do vodka-soaked gummi bears count as "fruit?" Asking for a friend.

Yep! Mr. J is from the south and down there they call it Hunch Punch. I used to live next to a Rugby house. Messed those guys up for about a day don't even want to say what they got up to. And I would think gummi bears would count as fruit. Would be like a Jello shot. :D

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm allergic to fresh cherries.  The skin of apples too.  They make the insides of my ears itch along with some nuts.  Nothing severe, but annoying.

Clementines.  Easy to peel and no seeds.

Cherries are worth the reaction.  I would risk coming perilously close to death for cherries.

3 hours ago, LP08 said:

Mangos, especially picked right from a tree.  When I lived in Puerto Rico I could eat a whole one for lunch then chop one up and juice it and mix it with a clear rum for dinner.:drunk:

I'll allow it.

3 hours ago, snowfan said:

Hard to take the key lime lovers seriously. Might even be ban worthy. Don’t need that many mods in the off-season anyway :)

Best take in this thread.

2 hours ago, MN Transplant said:

@stormtracker is correct.  It is cherries.  When they are in-season and go on sale in June/July, our fridge is full of them.

I went over to the Europe 2 years ago and visited a friend and his family's farm.  They had several cherry trees.  He told me to go ahead, knock yourself out.   I shit you not, I climbed into the trees and was out there for nearly an hour.  I stripped one tree almost bare and almost got sick from eating so many cherries.   On average, I have spent the equivalent of a mortgage payment on cherries per month.  

• Haha 7

15 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happy Birthday, @vastateofmind...fellow March 25-er!!  Time for some free beer! :beer:

I turn 29 again today, more times than @mappy but likely fewer than @H2O!! :lol:

Happy Bday!  And to @vastateofmind as well!

29 is a good number.  You can still get carded all the time.  And I'll never tell how many times I've turned 29

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

Happy Bday!  And to @vastateofmind as well!

29 is a good number.  You can still get carded all the time.  And I'll never tell how many times I've turned 29

I actually got carded a few years back, upon buying a couple bottles of wine.  A week before my birthday.  Now to be sure, it was at the Giant in the Cathedral Heights area, which is near American University.  So they probably were carding anyone and everyone just because of that.  But still, it was surprising because I'm well beyond the "hmmm, you could be under 21 and look like a student, so better check" age!!

1 minute ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

I actually got carded a few years back, upon buying a couple bottles of wine.  A week before my birthday.  Now to be sure, it was at the Giant in the Cathedral Heights area, which is near American University.  So they probably were carding anyone and everyone just because of that.  But still, it was surprising because I'm well beyond the "hmmm, you could be under 21 and look like a student, so better check" age!!

When I was younger (late teens into early 20s) I would still get carded for R rated movies because I was told that I looked younger than my age.  It was kind of funny to be going out to see a R rated movie at 11pm and all your friends buy their tickets and while waiting for you, the person behind the counter says "May I see your ID please?" :axe: 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happy Birthday, @vastateofmind...fellow March 25-er!!  Time for some free beer! :beer:

I turn 29 again today, more times than @mappy but likely fewer than @H2O!! :lol:

Maryland Day. .3/25/1634  (Dang, we're old)

Greek Independence Day 3/25/1821  (yup 200 years today)

Feast of the Annunciation.   3/25/0000  

Congratulations friends. It's an honor to hold 25 March as your birthday.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Slanderous neglect of pineapple ITT

Easily top 3 of fruits.    Can't believe we did pineapples like that.  

GOLD STANDARD

1. Cherries

2 Pineapple

3 Mango

4 Peach

5 Strawberries 

6 Plum

7 Avocado 

BORING but Good:

Banana, Orange, Apple, Grape, Pear, Watermelon, Cantaloupe, Grapefruit, Lemon, Lime

FINE, WOULD BE OK IF NEVER HAD AGAIN

Honeydew

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Raspberry, Blueberry, Blackberry, Kiwi

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I'm allergic to fresh cherries.  The skin of apples too.  They make the insides of my ears itch along with some nuts.  Nothing severe, but annoying.

Clementines.  Easy to peel and no seeds.

The youngest Miss J has a bad intestinal reaction with the skin of apples. Found out it is the pectin. She can eat skinned apples just fine so that is what we do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Happy Birthday to my fellow March birthday family!!

40 minutes ago, yoda said:

Pineapple pizza FTW

37 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Yes...Hawaiian pizza, ham/pineapple!!

Pineapple on pizza should be banned!!! I have two in this house who swear by it. Cannot get behind it in any way shape or form. :thumbsdown:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic