Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

For sure, and people always need to remember that politicians always under-promise, e.g, we’ve well exceeded the target for getting 100,000,000 vaccinations done. In all likelihood, the timeline will be quicker than near-normalcy by July 4th but you don’t want to promise normalcy by May and be wrong.

Some of us don’t look to politicians to tell us what we can or can’t do. They are put there to serve us, not control us. Do you honestly think they put their head on their pillow at night worrying about you? Do you really think that your well being is their highest priority? 

Some of you might feel right in piling on @losetoa6 but you might want to stop and think a bit. Before you just believe everything you’re told, think a bit. The one thing you can say about group-think ... nobody engaged in it is actually thinking.

The Preakness can do whatever they want. It’s their race track. But I agree it’s silly. If Walmart wants to say I have to wear a mask to go in their store they can. But what I can or can’t do in my backyard, along with anyone else that wants to show up, is another matter. If I was a business owner, telling me whether I can be open or not, that’s another matter. 

And for anyone here who is naive enough to think that science dictates policy, LOL. They may clothe it in science, but money and politics always dictate policy. It’s amazing how easily people place their trust in greedy, corrupt politicians, and the greedy, corrupt medical industrial complex. People just hand over freedom and don’t even question it. It is simply amazing.

Whatever. I’m with you @losetoa6 100%. And I really don’t care if anyone doesn’t like it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Some of us don’t look to politicians to tell us what we can or can’t do. They are put there to serve us, not control us. Do you honestly think they put their head on their pillow at night worrying about you? Do you really think that your well being is their highest priority? 

Some of you might feel right in piling on @losetoa6 but you might want to stop and think a bit. Before you just believe everything you’re told, think a bit. The one thing you can say about group-think ... nobody engaged in it is actually thinking.

The Preakness can do whatever they want. It’s their race track. But I agree it’s silly. If Walmart wants to say I have to wear a mask to go in their store they can. But what I can or can’t do in my backyard, along with anyone else that wants to show up, is another matter. If I was a business owner, telling me whether I can be open or not, that’s another matter. 

And for anyone here who is naive enough to think that science dictates policy, LOL. They may clothe it in science, but money and politics always dictate policy. It’s amazing how easily people place their trust in greedy, corrupt politicians, and the greedy, corrupt medical industrial complex. People just hand over freedom and don’t even question it. It is simply amazing.

Whatever. I’m with you @losetoa6 100%. And I really don’t care if anyone doesn’t like it.

Oh stop with the piling on lol. He is the one who gets triggered and makes "venting" posts with political connotations. So, naturally people reply. BFD. He is a big boy. Everyone is tired of COVID and the restrictions, but we don't all piss and moan about it in banter constantly. Also kind of interesting that those who complain the most about not getting back to normal fast enough, aren't willing to get vaccinated.

• Like 7

I personally feel that even when it is safe and whatnot I don't know if I will be able to go back to normal. I always was someone who has anxiety and would probably label my self as a germaphobe. Also being more on the introverted side I am fine everything being online now so I don't know if I will ever feel like I can go back to normal or have my brain want to. Its just crazy to me how things where beforehand with how everyone would be packed together and I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable going back to that. Social distancing to some extent is nice because you can have your own space, not to mention it helps reduce the amount you get sick. I am not saying this is what is good for society but for me personally, also for masks I don't see any reason not to wear them even after this. It reduces the amount of times you get sick and I don't really mind having to wear a mask in most cases. Though if there is one thing that people take away from this is that just doing simple things like washing your hands help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I personally feel that even when it is safe and whatnot I don't know if I will be able to go back to normal. I always was someone who has anxiety and would probably label my self as a germaphobe. Also being more on the introverted side I am fine everything being online now so I don't know if I will ever feel like I can go back to normal or have my brain want to. Its just crazy to me how things where beforehand with how everyone would be packed together and I don't know if I will ever feel comfortable going back to that. Social distancing to some extent is nice because you can have your own space, not to mention it helps reduce the amount you get sick. I am not saying this is what is good for society but for me personally, also for masks I don't see any reason not to wear them even after this. It reduces the amount of times you get sick and I don't really mind having to wear a mask in most cases. Though if there is one thing that people take away from this is that just doing simple things like washing your hands help.

There will be some people who choose to continue to wear them, and keep a distance from people in public settings, and that is fine. It will largely minimize odds of catching the common cold, and other highly contagious viruses like Noro. I haven't had a hint of anything for over a year, and that is unusual for me. Not hating that.

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

I saw Preakness is allowing in person attendance but only what amounts to 7% capacity.  This is really absurd imo. By May 15th most have the vaccine by then . This is 90% outside with people wearing masks which has proven to not be source of any SS event . It's a 1 time only , once a year event lol. This is beyond ridiculous.  Even the Os have 25% capacity and that's 81 freaking games long and Super bowl had 25,000. This is 1 sole event . There's been no consistent or rational decisions with restrictions.  Here we are 15 months later with a vaccine / masks/ proven science....by Preakness time May 15 .....

and only 7% capacity ? :axe:

Maybe the horses will be required to wear masks next and race  separately 1 at a time for mitigation lol.

I used to go every year in the infield....covid is the last thing I'd be worried about catching there lol...some real pieces of work hanging out in the infield. You get to see lots of boobies though...or you used to. I was there the year the dude jumped on the track and tried to punch a horse :scooter:

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Working Construction .......5 out of 10 still want to shake hands in my travels on avg . Even last March I had customers reach there hand out . So I shake there hand and move on . I've been in 100s of households and I do the same routine since last spring before I enter a home ( customer) . I put a dab of germ stuff on my hands , put my mask on and do what I gotta do. Hand shakes imo will never go away and definitely don't spread covid.  I've actually been sick twice in 12 months. 

old habits die hard.  handshakes won't completely go away but i don't see it being cultural norm or expectation to shake hands with every stranger you meet either (especially in professional settings).

9 minutes ago, Stormfly said:

How about a hug?

hugs will come back.  people like to hug.  but most people don't like handshakes.  handshakes are one of those things we are programmed to do since childhood, and so we do it, but none of us ever question why we do it -- until recently.

35 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

Never understood why we need them. Glad to see them gone

eff tradition. Wasn't the origin ancient Greece?  What relevance does that have now?

Plenty don't wash after grabbing their junk for a piss, or wiping their arse.. no thanks :yikes:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

eff tradition. Wasn't the origin ancient Greece?  What relevance does that have now?

Plenty don't wash after grabbing their junk for a piss, or wiping their arse.. no thanks :yikes:

I agree. If hand shaking never comes back that's fine with me. Elbow bumps work fine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, leesburg 04 said:

I used to go every year in the infield....covid is the last thing I'd be worried about catching there lol...some real pieces of work hanging out in the infield. You get to see lots of boobies though...or you used to. I was there the year the dude jumped on the track and tried to punch a horse :scooter:

I was there for that one too!!!!      I also was on the news as a proud participant for the "running of the urinals".  There really was no better tradition than that.  

Some times when I look back and ask my self.. when was I the happiest? What was "peak" my "pinnacle"?  I often think back to that day.

IMHO they actually completely ruined Preakness when they stopped letting people bring in their own cans.

• Haha 3

Personally, I just cannot wait to burn all my Dr. Seuss books and destroy Mr. Potato Head, to show my outrage! Since apparently the evil gubbmint is telling me that those items are banned. :lol:

Oh wait! They're not! Well damn, now my Seuss books are lying in embers!

And weren't we supposed to be down to zero cases of COVID at this time last year? Ooops. 

End of snark. 

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Working Construction .......5 out of 10 still want to shake hands in my travels on avg . Even last March I had customers reach there hand out . So I shake there hand and move on . I've been in 100s of households and I do the same routine since last spring before I enter a home ( customer) . I put a dab of germ stuff on my hands , put my mask on and do what I gotta do. Hand shakes imo will never go away and definitely don't spread covid according to the "experts".  I've actually been sick twice in 12 months. 

Why do you still bother? LOL

Time to just withdraw and let these people stew in their juices.

43 minutes ago, CAPE said:

A head nod and a smile works too. I don't really care to get touchy feely with strangers so much.

Agree with this. But when someone extends their hand I'm obligated to extend mine as well. I don't want to show any form of disrespect.  Maybe stupid, but it's my practice.  I'm in a similar industry to losetoa6. In hundreds of homes and businesses and perform the same rituals. Getting my vaccine tomorrow.  

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Idk but the funny thing is I didn't watch TV for 10 years before last year nor am I on Social media nor am I on political forums lol. I'm just an average Joe who normally  keeps to myself and tries to live quietly trying to hustle for my lil piece of the American dream and take care of my girls but when stupid decisions are being made that affect me and my daughter's in real time real life I'm done sitting back lurking and getting crapped on  . And I'm not the only one . Glad I've been busy at work .

I hear ya man. I struggled with how this was handled and was one of last ones to not wear mask until became mandatory. There’s so many reasons why we all processed and reacted differently, so I’ve really been trying to balance holding true to my views but without making others feel uncomfortable. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic