Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

6 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah.A couple of times but before the pandemic. Looking forward to getting back there soon. We do a lot of crabbing in that area so it’s always on the list.

eta... yes! That would be fun.

Great Mexican place with a Tequila bar right there too. Also a big place. Man we could eat well and get wrecked. Plenty of nice places to stay right around there too. KI is a fun spot.

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It gets hopping. I usually go there for lunch then head to Terrapin. One, maybe 2 margaritas. Otherwise I get into trouble lol. 

We ended up at Fisherman Inn today. We are shot up and beyond two weeks, but still being careful. We were surprised no one in the Narrows had their outdoor deck opened, but Fisherman Inn does a nice job of separating guests and isolating tables, at least while we were there. I’m so used to doing everything outdoors that it’s kind of weird being inside.

Anyway, in my search yesterday, I was intrigued by O’Shucks Irish Pub in Centerville. Have you been there? Any good?

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

We ended up at Fisherman Inn today. We are shot up and beyond two weeks, but still being careful. We were surprised no one in the Narrows had their outdoor deck opened, but Fisherman Inn does a nice job of separating guests and isolating tables, at least while we were there. I’m so used to doing everything outdoors that it’s kind of weird being inside.

Anyway, in my search yesterday, I was intrigued by O’Shucks Irish Pub in Centerville. Have you been there? Any good?

It's been a few years but yes it is a pretty decent place. Food is good, but when I was last there the beer selection was kind of meh. Might be better now.

Fisherman Inn is a pretty nice place. Bar is a tad dark. The Narrows is the shit tho. Some of the best Maryland Crab soup I have ever had. And the view is spectacular.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It's been a few years but yes it is a pretty decent place. Food is good, but when I was last there the beer selection was kind of meh. Might be better now.

Fisherman Inn is a pretty nice place. Bar is a tad dark. The Narrows is the shit tho. Some of the best Maryland Crab soup I have ever had. And the view is spectacular.

The Narrows has good everything! We would have gone there but I remember their bar area being small.

But we were pleased today with what we got today at Fisherman’s. The oyster stew was simple, buttery, creamy, and loaded with oysters. And the cocktails are pretty good too. But, my liver is easy to please.

• Haha 2

I see some similarities to the caps cup run 3 years ago.

Dowd reminds me of Jay Beagle.

Sprong reminds me of Smith- Pelly.

Charra adds that steady defensive presence like Orplik.

And Ovechkin reminds me of ..... Ovechkin lol.

This team really seems to be gelling

7 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

The Narrows has good everything! We would have gone there but I remember their bar area being small.

But we were pleased today with what we got today at Fisherman’s. The oyster stew was simple, buttery, creamy, and loaded with oysters. And the cocktails are pretty good too. But, my liver is easy to please.

Do they still have the meatballs? Was an appetizer I think. They were fantastic. Veal-lamb-pork iirc. Or maybe I got the wrong place aha. Pretty sure it was there.

Just now, CAPE said:

Do they still have the meatballs? Was an appetizer I think. They were fantastic. Veal-lamb-pork iirc. Or maybe I got the wrong place aha. Pretty sure it was there.

I don’t remember seeing them on the menu, but doesn’t mean they weren’t there. The one definite I’ve learned from aging is that I miss a lot. I always have but now I know it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I don’t remember seeing them on the menu, but doesn’t mean they weren’t there. The one definite I’ve learned from aging is that I miss a lot. I always have but now I know it.

Well, I also might be misremembering lol. I think it was there though, but it may have been a special. Anyway they were outstanding. Like some super secret recipe type thing. Totally unexpected at a place like that, known for seafood.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

I still feel like Turgeon finally had his final four team...LAST year, lol (stupid covid). This year's team? I don't know...I don't like the way they reacted to that upset loss last week. Not exactly a championship mentality...but we shall see.

MD isn't anywhere close to Final four caliber this year.

Last year they were I agree. But Turgeon is their coach and I don't have alot of faith in his coaching.  

The knock on him prior to coming to MD is that he was a better recruiter than coach. I've seen nothing in his tenure at MD to prove that incorrect.

5 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

MD isn't anywhere close to Final four caliber this year.

Last year they were I agree. But Turgeon is their coach and I don't have alot of faith in his coaching.  

The knock on him prior to coming to MD is that he was a better recruiter than coach. I've seen nothing in his tenure at MD to prove that incorrect.

That's what I heard about him as well....Now tell me this: is a coach that is good at coaching AND recruiting harder to find? Because I've heard Gary was the opposite of Turgeon, lol

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic