Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March Banter 2021

George BM

35 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not making a political statement, but I highly recommend that folks do a cross country trip at some point.

It’s incredible how beautiful and diverse this country is. 

Amen. We'd finished most of our route planning for renting an RV to head out/back for a three-week cross country trip in July to see our oldest stationed at JBLM in WA state...and the Army just decided to move him back to Ft. Benning in GA within the next two months. We won't make the trip right now, as he was the primary reason for going, but I'm saving all of my route plans/stops and we WILL do it in the next year or two. It also buys me some more time to talk Mrs. V into buying our OWN RV for the trip.  ;) 

Switching gears -- had opportunity to take my sweet time in Alexandria Wegman's beer/wine section yesterday. Carefully combed all of the craft beer shelves for some of those awesome brews shared here in recent weeks, looking particularly for product from those breweries in the Columbia-Baltimore corridor. (Yes, I've made a list.) Can't find a one of 'em...in fact, I found maybe only two beers from all of MD, Heavy Seas being one of them. Why, Wegmans, WHY?? Their buyers must stay hyper-local...dozens of VA beers from within a 50-mile radius, of course, but I've tried most of the closer-in VA breweries and was hoping to find some of the goodies that you all put up here sometimes. I will keep watching. In any event, had to "settle" for this tripel from Three Notch'd in Charlottesville -- 2nd best tripel I've ever had (New Trail's version in Williamsport, PA still holds that crown) but beware, this packs a huge punch at 10.7 ABV.

PXL_20210319_231511745.PORTRAITa.thumb.jpg.43da00b8b12639cb8a19f82e3ba89857.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Amen. We'd finished most of our route planning for renting an RV to head out/back for a three-week cross country trip in July to see our oldest stationed at JBLM in WA state...and the Army just decided to move him back to Ft. Benning in GA within the next two months. We won't make the trip right now, as he was the primary reason for going, but I'm saving all of my route plans/stops and we WILL do it in the next year or two. It also buys me some more time to talk Mrs. V into buying our OWN RV for the trip.  ;) 

Switching gears -- had opportunity to take my sweet time in Alexandria Wegman's beer/wine section yesterday. Carefully combed all of the craft beer shelves for some of those awesome brews shared here in recent weeks, looking particularly for product from those breweries in the Columbia-Baltimore corridor. (Yes, I've made a list.) Can't find a one of 'em...in fact, I found maybe only two beers from all of MD, Heavy Seas being one of them. Why, Wegmans, WHY?? Their buyers must stay hyper-local...dozens of VA beers from within a 50-mile radius, of course, but I've tried most of the closer-in VA breweries and was hoping to find some of the goodies that you all put up here sometimes. I will keep watching. In any event, had to "settle" for this tripel from Three Notch'd in Charlottesville -- 2nd best tripel I've ever had (New Trail's version in Williamsport, PA still holds that crown) but beware, this packs a huge punch at 10.7 ABV.

PXL_20210319_231511745.PORTRAITa.thumb.jpg.43da00b8b12639cb8a19f82e3ba89857.jpg

I will attest that three notch'd makes some of the best and most consistently good beers around. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I'll take a take a cross country trip but I just have no interest in California for many reasons.  You are right ...to drive through the plains / Rockies/ desert sw would be a exciting trip with lots of interesting places/ people/ sites along the way .

Don't like earthquakes and fires? :lol:

I would love to hang out in the Sierra Nevada mountains like Truckee or someplace when it's just dumping snow. Gorgeous scenery.

2 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

No screaming on a rollercoaster is like maintaining social distance in a 100% capacity bar.

Anyone who has flown recently knows the various hygiene theater "mandates" still out there are a joke. They pack you in like sardines in the airport and on the planes. I guess some people haven't left their homes much still and don't realize this is going on.

1 hour ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I’m not making a political statement, but I highly recommend that folks do a cross country trip at some point.

It’s incredible how beautiful and diverse this country is. 

And 99% of the people you meet just want to live their lives and be left alone in peace.

It's a very small fraction of people who are very loud and want everyone to hate each other.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Cali was unbelievable. My trip was one of the best things I've ever done. Fiancee and I did over 10,000 miles.

In CA, we did the Redwood forests in far northern CA, through wine country, to San Francisco and then east out of the state. I'd love to get to southern California someday. 

You will LOVE it. Aside from the landscapes and people, the weather is really fascinating too. 

I loved California but I was partial to Wyoming, Montana, Utah, and Colorado. Just spectacular. It's hard to go wrong out west. Like you said, really interesting places, people, and sites. I feel like North Dakota is underrated too. 

As for Cali--as beautiful as it was I did encounter something that made me want to pack up and leave. 

RLV4bfT.jpg

Too many references to global warming yet again that people don't see the interplay between activity restrictions and the end of civilization. I don't think packing up will help much since there's no where left to go.

Any sensible person would view COVID as a miracle in disquise and not a burden lowering their personal autonomy and freedom.

• Haha 2

Anybody have any idea what happened last week between MD and Michigan in the big 10 tournament? The verbal altercation between Howard and Terg that caused Howard to get double T'd and ejected. 

I heard an interview with Howard saying he felt physically threatened by Turgeon. I find that hard to believe lol.

Apparently there were other issues in the first 2 meeting in the regular season that wasn't publicized to much.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

Anyone who has flown recently knows the various hygiene theater "mandates" still out there are a joke. They pack you in like sardines in the airport and on the planes. I guess some people haven't left their homes much still and don't realize this is going on.

I've flown strictly Delta in the past year, least you can 'sorta' separate on their flights.

1 hour ago, Chris78 said:

Anybody have any idea what happened last week between MD and Michigan in the big 10 tournament? The verbal altercation between Howard and Terg that caused Howard to get double T'd and ejected. 

I heard an interview with Howard saying he felt physically threatened by Turgeon. I find that hard to believe lol.

Apparently there were other issues in the first 2 meeting in the regular season that wasn't publicized to much.

Yes. So there’s some animosity to begin with. One of Michigan’s players Hunter Dickinson has been talking trash to MD because he was a local kid and feels MD didn’t recruit him hard enough. So there’s been bickering and trash talk to begin with but apparently Turgeon was complaining to the refs that Howard was outside of the coaches box. Howard yelled at Turg “we really gonna go there and complain about that”? And Turgeon apparently screamed “you don’t talk to me”. It escalated from there and Turgeon took a step towards Howard. Howard then started charging at him. Howard said after the game that he was taught that anybody that charges at you is a threat and you charge back. So there you have it. Lol. In the end all silly, but most sports argument encounters are. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yes. So there’s some animosity to begin with. One of Michigan’s players Hunter Dickinson has been talking trash to MD because he was a local kid and feels MD didn’t recruit him hard enough. So there’s been bickering and trash talk to begin with but apparently Turgeon was complaining to the refs that Howard was outside of the coaches box. Howard yelled at Turg “we really gonna go there and complain about that”? And Turgeon apparently screamed “you don’t talk to me”. It escalated from there and Turgeon took a step towards Howard. Howard then started charging at him. Howard said after the game that he was taught that anybody that charges at you is a threat and you charge back. So there you have it. Lol. In the end all silly, but most sports argument encounters are. 

I'm watching the Michigan game now. If Dickenson is the center that's playing now then maybe they should of recruited him a bit harder lol. They just said he went to Dematha. Could of used his size

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

I'm watching the Michigan game now. If Dickenson is the center that's playing now then maybe they should of recruited him a bit harder lol. They just said he went to Dematha. Could of used his size

Yeah I agree. MD says they did recruit him hard though so idk lol. But yeah he would be nice to have on the team. But anyway, hopefully MD gets the dub tonight 

20 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Looks like the Ravens will be looking to the draft again for a number one receiver. They could still sign Watkins, but he is often injured. Might get 10 games out of him per season. Not much else left on the market outside of journeyman types.

I wouldn’t have hated if they signed somebody but to be honest with you, in my opinion this FA WR class was overhyped. None of them are game changers in my opinion. Only guy I would have loved to have was Allen Robinson and that wasn’t possible once the Bears tagged him. 

12 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I wouldn’t have hated if they signed somebody but to be honest with you, in my opinion this FA WR class was overhyped. None of them are game changers in my opinion. Only guy I would have loved to have was Allen Robinson and that wasn’t possible once the Bears tagged him. 

I would still sign Watkins. Not much of a gamble, as he wont command a huge salary. And if he stays healthy, they will get bang for the buck. Clearly they will be once again looking to the draft for a legit physical playmaker at WR. Their record doing that is not good.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I would still sign Watkins. Not much of a gamble, as he wont command a huge salary. And if he stays healthy, they will get bang for the buck. Clearly they will be once again looking to the draft for a legit physical playmaker at WR. Their record doing that is not good.

Yeah I won’t hate it if they signed him but I doubt it honestly. This team is just gonna roll how it is. Hopefully our offensive line will stay in tact and be better this coming year and we can make a more significant playoff run. I have no doubt we’ll be in the playoffs still...

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Got the first Moderna shot a couple hours ago. First vaccine I have had as an adult. Couldn't even feel it. No noticeable side effects yet. 

Drinking now just in case I feel like crap later lol. Nepenthe DIPA first up.

Glad to hear that you received the vaccine.  The first Moderna shot is typically no problem.  It’s the 2nd shot that can make you feel like crap for a day or 2 (starts about 12 hours after the shot).   That’s the way it was for me and a lot of my patients.   Of course, it is much better than getting    COVID-19 itself.  I wish you the best of luck on your 2nd shot  4 weeks from now. :thumbsup: 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic