Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

1st Bday stop is Dunkin.  My 2 daughters are driving me . I had no idea my oldest is this bad a driver :yikes:. I told her I want to survive on my birthday at least . No way I let her race my Grand national lol.

Have a great birthday!  March birthdays are awesome, but perhaps I'm biased!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mrs.J said:

My parents in FL have told me to lie my way into a vaccine. I told them that is just not right. Am I frustrated that a person with underlying conditions has had to wait, yes. But I am not going to lie my way into a vaccine.

So this 48 year old cancer survivor will be one of those trolling at midnight if I have to starting March 30th here. I am signed up on a an intent form with my local county health department, but I feel that as they are only up to 1952 for their age group that will not be happening soon for me. I will hopefully get to pre-register for a mass site next Tuesday. Have my Twitter alerts set up with a Vax Alert Bot and have joined a MD Vaccine Hunters group that gives tips and tricks and even helps those who are having issue getting registered. :)

You're a good egg, @Mrs.J....and I hope you had an awesome birthday. Can't wait to see what great things you do with that new cookbook...  :D 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

06360E83-760E-4FEC-B9CD-802513379FAE.jpeg

Happy slightly late Birthday! And my son has a St Patty's Day Birthday too!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

06360E83-760E-4FEC-B9CD-802513379FAE.jpeg

I hope it was a great day, happy belated my friend! 

5 hours ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

March is easily the worst weather month of the year 

Co-sign. Not bad today when the wind isn’t blowing. 

• Like 1

Ravens are failing bigtime in acquiring an impact WR in FA. Why they didn't get Marvin Jones from Detroit is beyond me. Would have been a perfect fit and he signed a pretty modest contract with the Jags. Looks like its back to the draft, where they don't do well with drafting impact WRs.

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Glad they failed to get Ju Ju. He was under 9 yards per catch last season. That's not what they need. Bring back Snead for that.

Even though I think he wasn't the type of receiver the Ravens need, it is telling that he chose to remain with the Steelers for significantly less money. Ravens apparently were aggressive, but receivers are all prima donnas and want the catches. Why come here to block in Roman's vanilla offense from the 1960s lol.

WFT so far has done well in FA. Veteran qb.  #1 Corner back. Legit WR to pair with Mclourin.

Edit - not a huge fan of Fitzpatrick.  Seen him lose to many games over the years throwing to many Ints.

But I get it. They needed to so something at QB.

Great story but Alex Smith is done.

And the other 2 qbs on their roster are unprovens/ back ups.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Aha. No wonder she's such a good cook.

Food is Love;  (popular Greek saying)

Thanks!

I really don't know much about my Greek heritage. My grandmother's father was Greek, from Crete, but her parents got divorced when she was young. Which must have been something back in that time. So my grandmother never really did much Mediterranean cooking with the exception of Lamb. But the love of cooking must have transferred with her as she loved to cook and bake. So I have been exploring that side of cooking for a few years now to help me re-connect with my Greek heritage. My actual first full name is Greek, although my mom changed the first letter to match her initials, so by doing that it is the Romanian version. :D

Won't have the brood on the eastern shore or southern MD. Won't miss em' at all. We have enough damn bugs.

Also my suspicions about the stink bugs seem to be confirmed. Barely saw any in the fall when they are usually all over the house, and finding their way in. Killed 2 in the house up to this point, vs 50 or more the previous few winters. Hopefully they have migrated south, or the insecticides the farmers are using have largely offed them.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic