Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Just finished watching DVR 'd Mount Saint Mary's play.( Watched daughters vball game in person 1st) Tough loss.  They looked good at halftime. ..up 30-20. 

On to tomorrow.  Birthday tomorrow.  Definitely will get out to the local pub for a few IPAs and March madness. I might hit up LJS in Charles Town for lunch :)

Enjoy your bday buddy

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeesh, that's crazy, but glad you got it!  We're doing a major renovation starting next week including a new kitchen so trying to figure out the appliance purchase now.  I thought the hardest part would be figuring out the brand but its actually finding stuff that's not backordered until December.  I'll be sure to try every place I can think of, thanks!

We had to get a new washing machine and it was hell trying to get one that wasn't back ordered or out of stock.  My wife wanted a front loader.

We started at Lowes but no luck there. Nothing was available . I asked if we could just order one and wait but each one we wanted was on back order and they didn't know how long it was going to take. Ended up ordering one from best buy. 

The delivery date is a little farther out than I would of preferred  but beggers can't be choosers lol. 

Being delivered about 2 weeks from when it was ordered.

In the past we were able to order an appliance and have it delivered in a couple days but I  guess those days are over.

24 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

We had to get a new washing machine and it was hell trying to get one that wasn't back ordered or out of stock.  My wife wanted a front loader.

We started at Lowes but no luck there. Nothing was available . I asked if we could just order one and wait but each one we wanted was on back order and they didn't know how long it was going to take. Ended up ordering one from best buy. 

The delivery date is a little farther out than I would of preferred  but beggers can't be choosers lol. 

Being delivered about 2 weeks from when it was ordered.

In the past we were able to order an appliance and have it delivered in a couple days but I  guess those days are over.

Yeah, those were the days apparently. When we got new appliances at deep creek, it took 3 days to arrive. Now I’d be thrilled with 3 weeks lol 

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Just finished watching DVR 'd Mount Saint Mary's play.( Watched daughters vball game in person 1st) Tough loss.  They looked good at halftime. ..up 30-20. 

On to tomorrow.  Birthday tomorrow.  Definitely will get out to the local pub for a few IPAs and March madness. I might hit up LJS in Charles Town for lunch :)

Happy Birthday!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice!

Yes, I saw that but they definitely aren’t allowing phase 3 preregistration because I tried. :P

im hoping they release a more detailed list of what underlying conditions are eligible under 2B. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Happy birthday!

Sorry it didn’t snow :(

48 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I’m not sure there’s a specific list. Maybe see if your doctor will write a note? 

I am assuming he will follow CDC guidelines for what is considered high-risk. Which is a lot more than what's on the website now when you pre-register. Maybe they will release more information next week when pre-registration for 2B opens up. 

and @North Balti Zen I know they don't check. Numerous coworkers who are healthy and in their 30s have gotten their shots by calling themselves essential lab workers. They are not. They don't go to the office, they've been home for a year. That's just frustrating af. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yeah, those were the days apparently. When we got new appliances at deep creek, it took 3 days to arrive. Now I’d be thrilled with 3 weeks lol 

COVID still taking a bite out of full-up/100% productivity everywhere. We picked out a new living room sofa/chair combo from LaZBoy Gallery in late Feb. My wife considered a custom upholstery fabric, which the store rep said would take another 6-7 MONTHS for delivery from the factory. If, however, we elected to choose the "default" upholstery fabric on the floor models (which we actually loved, but wasn't first choice because it would require repainting the LR), the delivery wait is "only" 6-8 weeks. So, yeah....I'll be breaking out the tarps and paint brushes for spring break.  :mellow:

WV continues to do an excellent job of getting the COVID vaccines administered.  With the exception of my 12 year-old son, our whole household has had a shot.  I got my first shot on the 8th, mother-in-law had hers on the 9th, and yesterday my wife (39 year-old daycare provider) and daughter (17 year-old with asthma) got their first jabs.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

No one at most sites is double-checking for conditions. If you have an appt, you will get a shot.

Nope. They didn’t ask my wife for her school ID or w-2 at the Six Flags site. 

18 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

WV continues to do an excellent job of getting the COVID vaccines administered.  With the exception of my 12 year-old son, our whole household has had a shot.  I got my first shot on the 8th, mother-in-law had hers on the 9th, and yesterday my wife (39 year-old daycare provider) and daughter (17 year-old with asthma) got their first jabs.

That’s awesome! Great to see a state come up with a good plan for their situation and execute it so well. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

COVID still taking a bite out of full-up/100% productivity everywhere. We picked out a new living room sofa/chair combo from LaZBoy Gallery in late Feb. My wife considered a custom upholstery fabric, which the store rep said would take another 6-7 MONTHS for delivery from the factory. If, however, we elected to choose the "default" upholstery fabric on the floor models (which we actually loved, but wasn't first choice because it would require repainting the LR), the delivery wait is "only" 6-8 weeks. So, yeah....I'll be breaking out the tarps and paint brushes for spring break.  :mellow:

Had the same deal.  Wanted some new furniture and went looking back around Labor Day.  Went to LaZBoy as well and the exact same story.  Liked a set but if we wanted different fabric then it was 12-16 week wait.  Floor model was available now.  So declined.  Went looking again around Thanksgiving and went to VCF(yeah, I know.  Cheap) Found one there that we liked just didn't pull the trigger.  Got the one stimulus($600) and bought it online around Xmas.  Thankfully they had it and only took a few weeks to get.  

But I'll be doing the paint thing in Aug.  Daughter wants her room a new color.  Joy.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Ruh roh.  It looks like we should go pick out the new living room furniture asap too.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

1st Bday stop is Dunkin.  My 2 daughters are driving me . I had no idea my oldest is this bad a driver :yikes:. I told her I want to survive on my birthday at least . No way I let her race my Grand national lol.

Happy Birthday!  Have a great day.  Just close your eyes and hope for the best :)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

1st Bday stop is Dunkin.  My 2 daughters are driving me . I had no idea my oldest is this bad a driver :yikes:. I told her I want to survive on my birthday at least . No way I let her race my Grand national lol.

Not going to lie, having your birthday around March Madness every year is pretty awesome.  Enjoy and happy birthday!  Drink an IPA for all of us.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, H2O said:

Had the same deal.  Wanted some new furniture and went looking back around Labor Day.  Went to LaZBoy as well and the exact same story.  Liked a set but if we wanted different fabric then it was 12-16 week wait.  Floor model was available now.  So declined.  Went looking again around Thanksgiving and went to VCF (yeah, I know.  Cheap) Found one there that we liked just didn't pull the trigger.  Got the one stimulus($600) and bought it online around Xmas.  Thankfully they had it and only took a few weeks to get.  

But I'll be doing the paint thing in Aug.  Daughter wants her room a new color.  Joy.

My guess is that most furniture is more cheaply built across the board these days, so I wouldn't mind if it's from VCF, Ashley, etc. I can find something to like, for any room, in any furniture store, it's Mrs. V who's a little more, ummm, "choosy," shall we say. We've actually had great luck with LaZBoy in Kingstowne...bought from there a few times during sales over the years and their pieces have held up well. The LR stuff we've pitched is from Belfort, one of my wife's favorite haunts in past years....but this time, I didn't want to go schlepping out to Dulles to roam a giant furniture warehouse for an entire day. Yep, I'll GLADLY repaint the LR to avoid THAT.

I got the 1st Moderna shot last week...only reaction was a sore arm.  That is, until today.  I've developed an itchy rash in my upper arm where I got the shot & and its pretty swollen.  My armpit is sensitive to the touch, too.  Dr. Google says its "COVID arm" which some people develop about a week after the 1st shot.  Its harmless apparently but I wonder if it forebodes a bigger reaction to the 2nd shot.

ETA:  Dr. Google says no bearing on the 2nd shot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Mrs.J said:

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

Happy belated birthday!  Hope you had a great day and agree with you on skipping the bar scene that day.  

• Like 1

No one at most sites is double-checking for conditions. If you have an appt, you will get a shot.

Same in Virginia. College students who stay up till midnight are rewarded with appointments. I think it’s rather immoral so I’ve avoided it but I’d need a lot more fingers to count on my fingers the number of perfectly healthy college students who have gotten vaccinated in the past week.
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Same in Virginia. College students who stay up till midnight are rewarded with appointments. I think it’s rather immoral so I’ve avoided it but I’d need a lot more fingers to count on my fingers the number of perfectly healthy college students who have gotten vaccinated in the past week.

My parents in FL have told me to lie my way into a vaccine. I told them that is just not right. Am I frustrated that a person with underlying conditions has had to wait, yes. But I am not going to lie my way into a vaccine.

So this 48 year old cancer survivor will be one of those trolling at midnight if I have to starting March 30th here. I am signed up on a an intent form with my local county health department, but I feel that as they are only up to 1952 for their age group that will not be happening soon for me. I will hopefully get to pre-register for a mass site next Tuesday. Have my Twitter alerts set up with a Vax Alert Bot and have joined a MD Vaccine Hunters group that gives tips and tricks and even helps those who are having issue getting registered. :)

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

So Mr. J did good for a birthday gift. Had a quiet day and ordered in Thai on Wednesday. After all my life having a St Patrick’s Day birthday I am over the mass pub scene of my adult life. Not being Irish at all, German and Greek mostly, it has been nice to just celebrate it as my birthday. :)

06360E83-760E-4FEC-B9CD-802513379FAE.jpeg

Happy belated, Mrs. J!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LP08 said:

Not going to lie, having your birthday around March Madness every year is pretty awesome.  Enjoy and happy birthday!  Drink an IPA for all of us.

I will have to say it is kind of cool having a birthday during March Madness (mine is the 25th, next Thursday).  However, that said, I still have bad memories of 1988, when Purdue (where I was in school at the time, for undergrad) had an awesome team that year.  They were favored to go far in the tourney and were ranked #2 at the end of the season.  They got the #1 seed in the Midwest bracket, won the first 2 rounds handily.  But then on Friday night, March 25 that year, they LOST a tough one to Kansas State (the 4 seed) in the Sweet 16 by 3 points and had a couple of bad plays at the end that may have cost them.  Funny thing is, they played K State earlier in the regular season and won that game big.  Oh well!!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic