Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

22 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah a first round pick is a tough ask with the good tackles available in this year's draft. Brown is proven though, multiple pro bowls, and only 24.

How about this lol..

The problem from our side is that we have zero depth at WR.  It is Jefferson/Thielen and a bunch of scrubs.

If there was any player that was potentially movable, it is Anthony Barr.  Not sure if you need OLB though.

4 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

I dont see Brown being a fit here...hes basically an older version of Hollywood brown kind of...we need a more possesion receiver. I can maybe agree with Jones...but age is an issue for him too. Would be a ravens move though we always go after older receivers.

And that has worked out more than drafting one. They have drafted plenty of young receivers the past couple years, and need to see some development/production. A veteran is what they need, and Jones can make those contested catches. A slimmer version of Bolden.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MN Transplant said:

The problem from our side is that we have zero depth at WR.  It is Jefferson/Thielen and a bunch of scrubs.

If there was any player that was potentially movable, it is Anthony Barr.  Not sure if you need OLB though.

Ive heard of Barr but dont know a lot about him...we need an OLB who can pass rush so if hes decent at that, hed be viable

Just now, CAPE said:

And that has worked out more than drafting one. They have drafted plenty of young receivers the past couple years, and need to see some development/production. A veteran is what they need, and Jones can make those contested catches. A slimmer version of Bolden.

True but at somepoint they have to break the mold and be able to draft an adequate recevier...Hollywood Brown might still be that guy. He just needs help

3 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Whats your take on Julio Jones?  I think hes more the type of receiver we need...but once again wrong side of 30 and injury stuff...Also probably would require more money..i think hes maybe avaiable via trade right?

Just now, Clueless said:

You’re going to have to pry that mask out of my hands. I’m still going to wear it after *this* is over.  

I will in certain situations. No colds, no nasty norovirus- had that 2 years in a row in 2017-18. Masks work, and getting really close to people you don't know is kinda weird too when you think about it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Whats your take on Julio Jones?  I think hes more the type of receiver we need...but once again wrong side of 30 and injury stuff...Also probably would require more money..i think hes maybe avaiable via trade right?

His name has come up a lot when considering possible trades for a WR. I think he would be too expensive for the Ravens.

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

His name has come up a lot when considering possible trades for a WR. I think he would be too expensive for the Ravens.

Yeah..hes just more Boldin-esque to me with more speed...if healthy, probably can have a couple more good seasons. I agree money is an issue probably though

7 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Yeah..hes just more Boldin-esque to me with more speed...if healthy, probably can have a couple more good seasons. I agree money is an issue probably though

Lots of issues-

Bleacher Report's Kristopher Knox compiled a list of "realistic" trade scenarios, one of which was the Ravens trading a 2021 first-round pick for the 32-year-old Atlanta Falcons star.

Jones, a seven-time Pro Bowl selection, saw his string of seven straight 1,00-yard-receiving seasons end in 2020, as injuries limited him to nine games. Still, his 771 receiving yards would have led the Ravens.

"Jones is 32 years old, but he's still one of the toughest players to cover when healthy," Knox wrote. "This deal would give Baltimore the No. 1 receiver it has been missing while lending new Falcons General Manager Terry Fontenot more ammunition for the coming rebuild."

Whether Knox's scenario is truly "within the realm of the realistic" is debatable. He acknowledged that "it feels unlikely" the Falcons would deal Jones this offseason, "largely because he has $38.6 million in dead money remaining on his contract."

1 hour ago, Clueless said:

You’re going to have to pry that mask out of my hands. I’m still going to wear it after *this* is over.  

Also, working from home. Definitely going to be pushing to be more WFH than in the office when this is all over. I won't mind going in a couple days a week, or for meetings that must be done in person, but not full time. There are so many benefits to WFH, for those that can. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

oceanwx’s boss has gone 100% virtual and has moved out of the area to take care of aging parents. we’re hoping he can do the same so we can move to the Keys sooner than we had planned.

his company had been 100% opposed to letting the engineering group telework; after a month the director said it was there to stay.

That's great!

My office has mentioned moving from two floors to just one floor and have the majority of the work force be WFH workers. Cubes will be emptied of personal affects and used as a sign-up type of thing. So if you know you need to be in the office one day, you reserve a cube to use for the day. If that doesnt work out, I plan to sit with my boss and say, I'd like to be a majority WFH employee

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, mappy said:

Also, working from home. Definitely going to be pushing to be more WFH than in the office when this is all over. I won't mind going in a couple days a week, or for meetings that must be done in person, but not full time. There are so many benefits to WFH, for those that can. 

11 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

oceanwx’s boss has gone 100% virtual and has moved out of the area to take care of aging parents. we’re hoping he can do the same so we can move to the Keys sooner than we had planned.

his company had been 100% opposed to letting the engineering group telework; after a month the director said it was there to stay.

Mr. J's office always said there is no way to allow them to work from home with security issues. But last April they made the decision to get all employees out of the building and home. They all had to go down during scheduled appts and get their work stations. Then everyone was sent an encrypted router, I believe that is what it is, to hook up to their home internet. His company just got acquired by Microsoft and they have told his company that when the pandemic is lifted is when they will open up the office. I am hoping though that seeing that it has worked out this past year that they will give options to do some WFH. It has cut our gas filling in half and is nice to have him home for an actual dinnertime. Which in the past was some days where the girls and I would eat and he would eat when he got home. 

• Like 1

We actually do need a OLB. That was an Achilles heel for us last year, especially vs good vertical passing squads. I see Brown gone from the Ravens. We need multiple positions and have limited Cap space. I can see us fulfilling the void with making Brown happy to get back to LT somewhere while bringing in a nice selection of picks/players.

Did you say the Keys, as in the Florida Keys? If so, my wife and I would visit once or twice a year and we could meet up! We LOVE the Keys. Heading down late summer. It’s always a gamble in Hurricane season, but when there’s no canes, it’s amazing at a more affordable rate. I legit cannot wait to go.

7 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Mr. J's office always said there is no way to allow them to work from home with security issues. But last April they made the decision to get all employees out of the building and home. They all had to go down during scheduled appts and get their work stations. Then everyone was sent an encrypted router, I believe that is what it is, to hook up to their home internet. His company just got acquired by Microsoft and they have told his company that when the pandemic is lifted is when they will open up the office. I am hoping though that seeing that it has worked out this past year that they will give options to do some WFH. It has cut our gas filling in half and is nice to have him home for an actual dinnertime. Which in the past was some days where the girls and I would eat and he would eat when he got home. 

The cost savings are great for both employers and employees.

A big plus to WFH has been the dinner aspect. I usually work until 4-430, sit for a bit (or get outside with the puppy) before starting dinner. I have been trying all sorts of new dishes, that I otherwise would never have had time to make pre-covid. The lack of commute is glorious and gives one so much extra time in the mornings/evenings. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

We are in same boat -- want to move to SC now -- but due to current laws/policies, I have to live within the metro area and be able to commute to my assigned duty station due to locality pay (understandable, under current laws). However, if those laws/policies are (hopefully) amended in the near future, I'd gladly give up my extra locality pay to be able to move south now, and WFH there while staying attached to my current organization for a few more years until retirement. 

40 minutes ago, mappy said:

That's great!

My office has mentioned moving from two floors to just one floor and have the majority of the work force be WFH workers. Cubes will be emptied of personal affects and used as a sign-up type of thing. So if you know you need to be in the office one day, you reserve a cube to use for the day. If that doesnt work out, I plan to sit my boss and say, I'd like to be a majority WFH employee

I'm a big believer in this, and I think the federal gov't is coming around, too. Our organization is considering turning back in to the Army some of our current office space from our physical campus at Fort Belvoir, so that we'll have a much smaller footprint with far fewer single offices and more temporary hotbunk/hotelling spaces for those who come to campus only occasionally. Like most of the federal gov't, we've successfully proven that we can continue to carry out the mission remotely for over a year now, at least in our corner of DoD. Some of us will stay in primarily WFH mode when when we go into "new normal" mode -- my bosses offered me that opportunity a few weeks back, so when we're cleared to return to campus, I'll give up my work office, and likely WFH 85-90% of the time. I'm lucky/fortunate.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

We are in same boat -- want to move to SC now -- but due to current laws/policies, I have to live within the metro area and be able to commute to my assigned duty station due to locality pay (understandable, under current laws). However, if those laws/policies are (hopefully) amended in the near future, I'd gladly give up my extra locality pay to be able to move south now, and WFH there while staying attached to my current organization for a few more years until retirement. 

I'm a big believer in this, and I think the federal gov't is coming around, too. Our organization is considering turning back in to the Army some of our current office space from our physical campus at Fort Belvoir, so that we'll have a much smaller footprint with far fewer single offices and more temporary hotbunk/hotelling spaces for those who come to campus only occasionally. Like most of the federal gov't, we've successfully proven that we can continue to carry out the mission remotely for over a year now, at least in our corner of DoD. Some of us will stay in primarily WFH mode when when we go into "new normal" mode -- my bosses offered me that opportunity a few weeks back, so when we're cleared to return to campus, I'll give up my work office, and likely WFH 85-90% of the time. I'm lucky/fortunate.

That's great!! I'm hopeful to have a similar positive experience when the time comes. 

Also, Oh Fort Belvoir. The maps I have made for that installation over the years. 

• Like 1

Its funny.  My work will eventually make most people come back at least 75% of the time because there is still the old school thought that people need to be at desks.  For our customer service dept I can see a good reason for this.  But for a lot of other employees it isn't needed.  Our IT dept just needs to fix the remote access to secure it better while not suffering from lag due to how they set it up in a rush last march

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

You may want to consider NC. If you have a pension, it doesnt get taxed in NC, which is a big perk for a lot of the people moving here

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic