Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2021

George BM

9 hours ago, snowfan said:

Sounds like there's lots of promise on the horizon. Exciting. 

I think the biggest thing is, and I cannot stress this enough, is that just because the supply will be there by May 1, it doesn't mean shots into all arms by May 1. It will be months following that before those who want the vaccine, will actually get it.

I will give Hogan props though, he's setting up these mass vaccinations sites to be able to handle a huge load of people a day. M&T will be able to handle 10k shots a day when running full capacity. Get the supply up, which looks likely, and we are golden. SO CLOSE!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, nj2va said:

FYI, Garrett County has appointments available if you have know anyone in the county who needs a shot.  They’re also taking information of people who want the vaccine but aren’t in the priority group - seemingly to reach out to them to get it if the appointments aren’t taken by priority groups.  

This is a great way to go about it. It takes a *lot* of internal coordination, but if you have the right people running the show with support from up top, then you can certainly make it work.

• Like 1

I get my second Pfizer shot this morning, and the wife is looking likely to be getting her first early next week. With quite a few of our friends already having gotten the first or second shots, you can just feel the weight lifting from among our group!

Edit: Despite this, we'll still mask up just as we have been and refrain from going out to eat, going into large groups, etc. even if local governments lift restrictions. We feel it's the right thing to do, both for us and for everyone else to get to the finish line.

• Like 9

Just now, Mrs.J said:

Slept with the window slightly open last night. Woke up this morning sneezing. It's grass pollen season. :D

My allergies are kicking in, too. Pretty sure it's maple pollen that causes me issues, as those are the first to start dumping pollen, and my allergies usually ease up once they leaf out.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mattie g said:

I get my second Pfizer shot this morning, and the wife is looking likely to be getting her first early next week. With quite a few of our friends already having gotten the first or second shots, you can just feel the weight lifting from among our group!

Edit: Despite this, we'll still mask up just as we have been and refrain from going out to eat, going into large groups, etc. even if local governments lift restrictions. We feel it's the right thing to do, both for us and for everyone else to get to the finish line.

happy for you guys!

Edit: thanks for looking out for others around you, and not just yourself. :) 

• Like 2

We still go out to eat and order food from local restaurants as the impact on small business owners and their workers from the lockdown has been devastating.  I really feel for them, especially these ‘mom & pop’ type stores/restaurants that have had to close so we’re trying to do our part to support them.  One of our favorite local places closed last month after being open for over 25 years...the owners just couldn’t afford to keep it running any longer as they were forced for much of the year to do take out only.  I hope some of these businesses re-open or others take their spots as the number of vacancies on ‘Main Street’ are staggering.

It’s encouraging for these business owners to see the capacity restrictions slowly getting increased.  

ETA:  I’m not belittling or criticizing anyone who chooses not to go out to eat, I understand we all have our comfort levels, etc.  Just want to make that clear.

2 minutes ago, nj2va said:

We still go out to eat and order food from local restaurants as the impact on small business owners and their workers from the lockdown has been devastating.  I really feel for them, especially these ‘mom & pop’ type stores/restaurants that have had to close so we’re trying to do our part to support them.  One of our favorite local places closed last month after being open for over 25 years...the owners just couldn’t afford to keep it running any longer as they were forced for much of the year to do take out only.  I hope some of these businesses re-open or others take their spots as the number of vacancies on ‘Main Street’ are staggering.

It’s encouraging for these business owners to see the capacity restrictions slowly getting increased.  

ETA:  I’m not belittling or criticizing anyone who chooses not to go out to eat, I understand we all have our comfort levels, etc.  Just want to make that clear.

we've made it a habit to order out once a week from a local spot. we wont go eat inside, but once the weather gets warmer, outside eating is on the list! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

we've made it a habit to order out once a week from a local spot. we wont go eat inside, but once the weather gets warmer, outside eating is on the list! 

Sorry, get ready for your 6” of snow next week in the northern winterlands :P. I’ll be enjoying the benefits of being in the UHI. :sizzle:

5 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've eaten inside restaurants.  I wear my mask , wash my hands as soon as I go in and sit down and eat then wash my hands when done . There's been sufficient spacing between others in every restaurant I've been in.  Probably safer then a big convenience store like WAWA or Sheetz . Also have gone to the movie theater.  I follow the safety guidelines like everyone else . Apparently this is  frowned upon by many and i am trying to kill grandma . 

Yeah, I don’t think the two are mutually exclusive...you can still be safe while dining inside (if you want).  BTW, its the snark added at the end of your post that will antagonize and get the thread into the hamster wheel of arguing.  Wish all of us would just drop that from posts.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I've eaten inside restaurants.  I wear my mask , wash my hands as soon as I go in and sit down and eat then wash my hands when done . There's been sufficient spacing between others in every restaurant I've been in.  Probably safer then a big convenience store like WAWA or Sheetz . Also have gone to the movie theater.  I follow the safety guidelines like everyone else . Apparently this is  frowned upon by many and i am trying to kill grandma . The science says it's safe and if common sense is used its doable.  I wouldn't be doing it if there was any elevated risk.  In the end it's my choice. 

We may not agree on weather but we agree on this. Restaurants have bent over backwards to try to be creative and adhere to all the guidelines put in place yet they still seem to be singled out with the short end of the stick. Thankfully it looks like the beginning of the end is here. Maybe we’re already even past that. Unfortunately the mayor of Baltimore is still tying the hands of Baltimore city residents and owners but I won’t go any further into that. Anyways, yesterday was awesome. Spend the evening at the bo Brooks tiki bar which is outside. But I’ve been inside plenty of places in the last 6 months as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, losetoa6 said:

Got an email from CCPS that spectators can now view sports indoors.  Carroll schools  also going 4 days a week in person starting Monday. 

the 4 days a week starts for elementary and middle.  High school starts 4 days a week on the 22nd.  

This week watching Soccer with the warm weather was amazing.  

Glad to hear that you can get in to watch your daughter play volleyball.  

16 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

We may not agree on weather but we agree on this. Restaurants have bent over backwards to try to be creative and adhere to all the guidelines put in place yet they still seem to be singled out with the short end of the stick. Thankfully it looks like the beginning of the end is here. Maybe we’re already even past that. Unfortunately the mayor of Baltimore is still tying the hands of Baltimore city residents and owners but I won’t go any further into that. Anyways, yesterday was awesome. Spend the evening at the bo Brooks tiki bar which is outside. But I’ve been inside plenty of places in the last 6 months as well. 

the only silver lining about this is that a lot of restaurants now can easily work the carryout/curbside method and that might make things better in the long run.  Sometimes I want food from a restaurant which never had a carryout option.  Now most of them do and my family will definitely take advantage of that. 

• Like 1

We’re looking forward to eating outside at some restaurants soon. We’ve done takeout often, but usually pizza, etc. Hoping Easter weekend has nice weather as the kids are having their first sleepover with grandparents in a LONG time! 

Just now, toolsheds said:

the only silver lining about this is that a lot of restaurants now can easily work the carryout/curbside method and that might make things better in the long run.  Sometimes I want food from a restaurant which never had a carryout option.  Now most of them do and my family will definitely take advantage of that. 

I can agree with that....also mobile ordering while at the restaurant has been useful too.  Did it at bo brooks last night...just download the app, put table number in and order and they just bring it right to your table...limited interaction with staff and its quick and  efficient

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mappy said:

Same here. We stopped ordering out until the middle of last summer, but as our comfort levels have lifted we’ve found ourselves ordering almost as much as before.

We’ll probably eat outside here and there once my wife is fully vaccinated. We have no compelling desire to accelerate that timeline, but we’re looking forward to it!

• Like 3

No eating out inside or outside for this cancer survivor. Hoping that MD gets the ball rolling and moves into phase 2 soon. Yesterday was not a good day for me seeing other friends in other states with underlying conditions getting their shots. I am genuinely happy for all who are able to get shots, just frustrated at the process in MD with immunocompromised persons. 

My arm has been waiting and I have equipped my phone with all the apps and notifications to get in line. I have debated jumping state lines for shots in states that are vaccinating people in my category. I may start asking you all for your zip codes so I can branch out if my area is tough to get an appt. Know of someone who drove over to Easton for theirs. I have an EZpass and will do a day trip if needed. Hate driving the Bay bridge but will white knuckle it for a shot :D 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

No eating out inside or outside for this cancer survivor. Hoping that MD gets the ball rolling and moves into phase 2 soon. Yesterday was not a good day for me seeing other friends in other states with underlying conditions getting their shots. I am genuinely happy for all who are able to get shots, just frustrated at the process in MD with immunocompromised persons. 

My arm has been waiting and I have equipped my phone with all the apps and notifications to get in line. I have debated jumping state lines for shots in states that are vaccinating people in my category. I may start asking you all for your zip codes so I can branch out if my area is tough to get an appt. Know of someone who drove over to Easton for theirs. I have an EZpass and will do a day trip if needed. Hate driving the Bay bridge but will white knuckle it for a shot :D 

Sending you a PM.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

You should contact the Garrett County Health Dept. they have vaccine appointments. 
https://garretthealth.org/

• Like 1

NFL is back. FA period and then the draft.

One local story is Orlando Brown Jr wanting a trade from the Ravens because he wants to play his natural position at LT. One of the best young tackles in the league, and will want to be paid like it. A trade will be complicated, and the Ravens will want  a first round pick most likely.

For you Vikings fans, they seem to be one of the teams that are very interested.

Just now, CAPE said:

NFL is back. FA period and then the draft.

One local story is Orlando Brown Jr wanting a trade from the Ravens because he wants to play his natural position at LT. One of the best young tackles in the league, and will want to be paid like it. A trade will be complicated, and the Ravens will want a a first round pick most likely.

For you Vikings fans, they seem to be one of the teams that are very interested.

Yes, the Vikings community has been debating this since we parted with Reiff.  The problem is the contract.  Would we really part with draft assets and then have to sign a guy for $20m+?  Especially when we are in range of potentially getting Slater or Darrisaw in the draft.

The trade that I’ve seen floated is a swap of first round picks (Balt moves up to 14, Vikings down to 27) and you guys get the third rounder back from the Ngakoue trade.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

@Mrs.J with POTUS’ announcement last night, I’d expect phase 2 in MD by April 1.

Thanks! Yea I saw that when @nj2va posted the Garrett Co info. 

One thing I am trying to find out is because I am still on Tamoxfin, a drug for BC to remove Estrogen to lessen the chance of re-occurrence, if that is considered "cancer patients currently in active treatment." Of if that statement means currently in Chemo and or Radiation. I had Radiation 5 years ago so that part of my treatment is done. But I am still on the Tamoxfin. 

• Like 2

Just now, MN Transplant said:

Yes, the Vikings community has been debating this since we parted with Reiff.  The problem is the contract.  Would we really part with draft assets and then have to sign a guy for $20m+?  Especially when we are in range of potentially getting Slater or Darrisaw in the draft.

The trade that I’ve seen floated is a swap of first round picks (Balt moves up to 14, Vikings down to 27) and you guys get the third rounder back from the Ngakoue trade.

Yeah a first round pick is a tough ask with the good tackles available in this year's draft. Brown is proven though, multiple pro bowls, and only 24.

How about this lol..

7 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Yeah a first round pick is a tough ask with the good tackles available in this year's draft. Brown is proven though, multiple pro bowls, and only 24.

How about this lol..

Its intruiging but my main issue would be Thielen is on the wrong side of 30...so you're trading a young O line talent for a potentially last couple years of a career for a receiver. The pick swap makes it more doable though...moving up to 14 would be nice.

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

Its intruiging but my main issue would be Thielen is on the wrong side of 30...so you're trading a young O line talent for a potentially last couple years of a career for a receiver. The pick swap makes it more doable though...moving up to 14 would be nice.

John Brown was a cap casualty released by Buffalo. Ravens could get him back at a reasonable price. ofc injuries are always an issue with him. If they are going to go bigtime WR in free agency, the best match is probably Marvin Jones. He would be a perfect fit for the Ravens.

19 minutes ago, Mrs.J said:

Thanks! Yea I saw that when @nj2va posted the Garrett Co info. 

One thing I am trying to find out is because I am still on Tamoxfin, a drug for BC to remove Estrogen to lessen the chance of re-occurrence, if that is considered "cancer patients currently in active treatment." Of if that statement means currently in Chemo and or Radiation. I had Radiation 5 years ago so that part of my treatment is done. But I am still on the Tamoxfin. 

I bet you’re fine, but a quick call to your doctor probably could get you an answer. I think the CDC webpage on the vaccines also has guidance on who shouldn’t get it right now? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

John Brown was a cap casualty released by Buffalo. Ravens could get him back at a reasonable price. ofc injuries are always an issue with him. If they are going to go bigtime WR in free agency, the best match is probably Marvin Jones. He would be a perfect fit for the Ravens.

I dont see Brown being a fit here...hes basically an older version of Hollywood brown kind of...we need a more possesion receiver. I can maybe agree with Jones...but age is an issue for him too. Would be a ravens move though we always go after older receivers.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic