Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

1 minute ago, H2O said:

I'm 1c and just heard via my work that MD residents can now sign up if also 1c.  Here in VA?  crickets

It has been frustrating to have been considered essential, required to show up to an office every day, waited a year and be one of the last groups eligible.  Happy for all that have been able to get it but your end of WW2 analogy is spot on.

The analogy I've been using lately is the cop movie where the main guy and his partner go out on one last call and the partner is about to retire(I am retiring in July).  The partner gets killed in a hail of bullets and before I go its the virus thats the bullets for me.  So I'd love to get the shot and not be that hollywood cliché 

I too vote for you not to become that cliché. 

• Like 1

MD has been 1c for awhile now. I’m hoping Phase 2 starts soon. Nationally the gap between vaccine supply and administration rate is growing with about 3M vaccines supplies per day and ~2.1-2.2/day administered. Need to close that gap. 

• Like 1

Just now, WxUSAF said:

MD has been 1c for awhile now. I’m hoping Phase 2 starts soon. Nationally the gap between vaccine supply and administration rate is growing with about 3M vaccines supplies per day and ~2.1-2.2/day administered. Need to close that gap. 

I was happy to see AK as the first state yesterday to open it up to the general population.  Progress, and that should start rolling out to more states as supply continues to increase.

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

As someone who took 4 years of Latin in high school (useless), technically its Croci but common use is crocuses.  

Ahhh, I remember taking Latin for a few years as well!

My brother, ever the smart-ass about some things (especially growing up), would always say "semper ubi sub ubi!"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I wonder how they will handle the comorbidity portion of Phase 2. In the UK, where healthcare is universal, people have been contacted about when they are eligible based on their medical history. That will be hard to do here since we don't have universal healthcare and all that information isn't centralized. 

3 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I'm getting my first shot tomorrow!  And I'm in my 40s and didn't pull any special strings.  My county is over 55% vaccinated already.  We've moving along quickly.

1 minute ago, wxtrix said:

oceanwx and i are getting vaccinated (1st shot) in 2 hours!!

happy for you both!!! 

10 minutes ago, jonjon said:

I'm getting my first shot tomorrow!  And I'm in my 40s and didn't pull any special strings.  My county is over 55% vaccinated already.  We've moving along quickly.

WV has been doing very well. Good plan and well executed. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

I wonder how they will handle the comorbidity portion of Phase 2. In the UK, where healthcare is universal, people have been contacted about when they are eligible based on their medical history. That will be hard to do here since we don't have universal healthcare and all that information isn't centralized. 

I’ve heard some thoughts about that. It will work well if you’re already in one of the big systems (university of Maryland medical system for example) that are distributing vaccines. If you’re not...probably harder.

Just now, WxUSAF said:

I’ve heard some thoughts about that. It will work well if you’re already in one of the big systems (university of Maryland medical system for example) that are distributing vaccines. If you’re not...probably harder.

For sure. Its going to be tough. Not sure how the states will handle that. Probably going to be a mess. 

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

That’s great. I’m an awful human being.

I don't think you are. But, I'm also privy to messages from others who talk to me about many here. Something about being a good person to others brings out their trust and they confined in you.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

In my defense, its mostly an inside joke on why I don't find them to be the worst. And its now just a running joke. But i own that shit too

Its an inside joke that most won't ever get.  They do have one good song.  But not much else.  I'll own it and laugh every time its joked about.  But still not the worst to listen to while vacuuming or in the shower

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic