Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

14 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

I was wondering about that.  I expect no fans or less then 25% if that's the case that  is a real shame and ridiculous tbh. Hopefully fingers crossed they go with at least the 50% but if it's there ultimate decision then I'm not very optimistic. 

Bowser still saying no fans at Nats Park but that ‘could change’.  The Navy Yard area bars and restaurants would get a nice boost by allowing fans - plus all the workers at the ballpark, too.  Same for Camden Yards.  

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

By the first of summer all who want a vaccine will probably have one. At that point it needs to be 100%. Anybody worried about their health will have either been vaccinated or can just not go. 

Yes. All this full lifting of restrictions now feels like spiking the ball on the 10 yard line. June 1 or July 1 and let rip I think. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Yes. All this full lifting of restrictions now feels like spiking the ball on the 10 yard line. June 1 or July 1 and let rip I think. 

All travel restrictions should be lifted, and I am talking international too. Any variant that pops up outside the US ends up here anyway, because there are plenty of exemptions for those restrictions- just not for the majority who would like to travel.

I’d be in favor of all domestic restrictions being lifted. I think international still makes some sense.

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

All travel restrictions should be lifted, and I am talking international too. Any variant that pops up outside the US ends up here anyway, because there are plenty of exemptions for those restrictions- just not for the majority who would like to travel.

24 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think its best not to tell people to stop being scared, we all have our limits with what we are willing to risk and should be more respectful of that. 

Thank you for this!  I honestly get tired of all the calls to just open stuff up, it's time now, etc.  I don't even think it's necessarily so much "being scared" as it is being cautious.

Honestly, everyone would like to get back to some semblance of normal but as @WxUSAF mentioned earlier, this is no time to spike the ball.  Many of the experts (such as Dr. Fauci) have cautioned that while the vaccine is ramping up, that doesn't mean we should just abandon current distancing/masking protocols or start opening everything up in full.  At least not yet.  I'd rather be overly cautious with this than not.  The other issue is that "making your own decision" doesn't only affect you, it potentially affects everyone around you as well.  The nature of an airborne virus.

32 minutes ago, mappy said:

I think its best not to tell people to stop being scared, we all have our limits with what we are willing to risk and should be more respectful of that. 

But still ... people can make a choice to go to a

crowded location or not to go. We don’t need to be told what we can and can’t do. People who choose to not go will be perfectly safe.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

Thank you for this!  I honestly get tired of all the calls to just open stuff up, it's time now, etc.  I don't even think it's necessarily so much "being scared" as it is being cautious.

Honestly, everyone would like to get back to some semblance of normal but as @WxUSAF mentioned earlier, this is no time to spike the ball.  Many of the experts (such as Dr. Fauci) have cautioned that while the vaccine is ramping up, that doesn't mean we should just abandon current distancing/masking protocols or start opening everything up in full.  At least not yet.  I'd rather be overly cautious with this than not.  The other issue is that "making your own decision" doesn't only affect you, it potentially affects everyone around you as well.  The nature of an airborne virus.

Not yet but we are getting close to the point where nobody gets to ask others to protect them. If you want protection you get the vaccine. Or you dont but you don’t ask others to protect you.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

crowded location or not to go. We don’t need to be told what we can and can’t do. People who choose to not go will be perfectly safe.

This is exactly what I was going to say.  I have a feeling that even if most people (who want it) are vaccinated in 30-60 days (the President said in May which would be fantastic), there will still be calls for “now isn’t the time to open up....we still need to be vigilant” and the hamster wheel will continue.

• Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I agree, but telling people not to be "scared" is disrespectful and shouldn't be said. People who have lower risk thresholds, absolute should go do the things they are able to do with all safety measures in place. but lets not belittle those who chose not to as being 'scared'

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

people should consider self-censoring their personal political views in this subforum if only for the reason we’re learning more and more of you are awful human beings.

LOL!  Yeah, this pretty well says it I think.  Agree.

3 minutes ago, mappy said:

734001bfc6513fa0589f93c6963180d7.gif

I hesitated responding earlier as I didn't want to get too much into the controversial/political territory.  But felt the need to say a little something because I found a few of the other remarks to be belittling and a bit insulting.

2 minutes ago, Always in Zugzwang said:

LOL!  Yeah, this pretty well says it I think.  Agree.

I hesitated responding earlier as I didn't want to get too much into the controversial/political territory.  But felt the need to say a little something because I found a few of the other remarks to be belittling and a bit insulting.

We are all grown ass adults, we know what we are comfortable with and what we are not. And that's okay. its okay if someone wants to hit up a bar after a long day at work, or go catch a Os' game (when they can), but please don't belittle the rest of us who are being more cautious. No one here knows anything about anyone else and why they are making the choices they are making to go out, or stay home. Just be more respectful. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

We are all grown ass adults, we know what we are comfortable with and what we are not. And that's okay. its okay if someone wants to hit up a bar after a long day at work, or go catch a Os' game (when they can), but please don't belittle the rest of us who are being more cautious. No one here knows anything about anyone else and why they are making the choices they are making to go out, or stay home. Just be more respectful. 

Absolutely.  Sorry if what I said came off as a bit disrespectful as well.  I just found a couple of the other comments to be off-putting (not yours, but others).

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Maybe I missed it, but where did I/anyone belittle or make fun of anyone who is scared about the virus?  

What I didn’t miss is a post calling out people for showing how awful of a human we are - which is certainly irony at its finest.

not sure anyone called you out specifically, if you didn't belittle anyone, then these posts aren't about you.

4 minutes ago, nj2va said:

Maybe I missed it, but where did I/anyone belittle or make fun of anyone who is scared about the virus?  

What I didn’t miss is a post calling out people for showing how awful of a human we are - which is certainly irony at its finest.

Ninja'd by Nj

Just now, jonjon said:

I agree we need to keep vigilant on being cautious for as long as we can.

That being said,  looking back at the last page or two of this thread I don't see where anyone was belittling someone who wanted to be cautious.  Maybe a deleted post?

no posts have been deleted.  

6 minutes ago, mappy said:

not sure anyone called you out specifically, if you didn't belittle anyone, then these posts aren't about you.

Ok, but I still stand by what I said - if not what I specifically said, I still don’t see any belittling.  The only blatant thing I saw was trix calling out a group of people for being awful human beings.  Shouldn’t your post about not belittling others for being scared apply the other way, too?  

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic