Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2021

George BM

On 3/8/2021 at 11:29 AM, midatlanticweather said:

How about those amounts forecasted in Denver from the GFS! Insanity!

sn10_acc.us_state_co.png

If the I-25 corridor there through Denver were like I-95 here, the equivalent of @psuhoffman's location would be about where Sterling is.  And we might be hearing concerns about suppression or fringing! 

4 hours ago, notvirga! said:

@psuhoffman do you have any snow cover left? We have a small patch here behind the deck but it will be gone this week I imagine 

We have plenty.  Too much on the deck to use the grill even.  In the middle of our deck there's a good 6".  Hard to call it snow, more like shaved ice consistency you'd get at a snowball stand!

Only in the shade of course.  Any place that gets sun is bare.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I was on the phone with my parents catching up but seeing the replays now during Intermission...what a pass like you said.  He’s 1 point from 500 I think?

1 point shy. 

Great 2nd period.  Their  putting on a passing clinic tonight. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Baltimorewx said:

Lol yeah the pricepoint isnt very cheap...though some of those high gravity barrel aged stuff can go upwards of 15-20$ per bottle...

Yeah, I wasn't ready to fire 28 dollars for 4 of them lol.  I had just seen people in here talk about the KBS and different flavors but had never seen this one before.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LP08 said:

@CAPE  Saw this at a local place last night but couldn’t pull the trigger.  Had this one before?

FCD6AB73-0C87-4C75-B93D-C3C7FE245EF1.jpeg

I did have that one. Pretty much everything Founders does is good. This one doesn't deviate. It was just a tad on the sweet side iirc, but again, they almost never miss the mark. They always seem to get the background flavors just right- nothing too forward.

Try the Panther Cub if you see that one. Very good.

• Thanks 1

I missed beer talk earlier. That KBS variant is delicious, but one bottle was more than enough for me personally. 

On another beer note, went to visit Other Half Brewing in DC today. Wow. And more wow! All the beer of course is off the charts, but getting the personal tour from the owner...priceless. Great outdoor spaces during our pandemic time. Highly recommend. :drunk:

• Like 3

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Texas Rangers baseball leading the way with going 100% capacity.  Good for them . Hope Orioles do the same . It's been a year . Beyond time for us to adapt and move on.  Love baseball.  Best sport to play and watch imo:pepsi:

Hogan said 50% for now, which from what I can tell is the second highest in the league.  Of course, for the O's, other than opening day, 50% is more than enough to cover the expected attendance.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Hogan said 50% for now, which from what I can tell is the second highest in the league.  Of course, for the O's, other than opening day, 50% is more than enough to cover the expected attendance.

At least it caps the number of NY and BOS fans that can take over the yard.  Wonder what those cities are doing ?

4 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Reminds me of the fall last year Rutgers was allowing 500 fans in for football and people were like, "THIS IS NO TIME TO BE ADDING MORE FANS THAN NORMAL!" I chuckled lol

9 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Texas Rangers baseball leading the way with going 100% capacity.  Good for them . Hope Orioles do the same . It's been a year . Beyond time for us to adapt and move on.  Love baseball.  Best sport to play and watch imo:pepsi:

It's only for opening day from what I heard. 50% after. Actually not a bad idea. Things will be back to almost 100% by summer at the rate of vaccinations for attendance. It's baseball, so high outdoors, which studies have shown has helped limit spread. It's a great step still. I hope to attend some ball games this year. Will probably go visit the new stadium at Arlington! Heard it's beautiful. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic