SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Banter 2021

George BM

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
6 hours ago, yoda said:

@George BM will not be pleased lol

I'll MOST LIKELY (70/30 odds) survive. My 'discobs' legacy (I say as if I'm some sort of super famous person... CRINGE!!) lives on. 

What was the first booze (or kind of booze?... I'm bad at talking about beer) that ever entered your body and did you like of taste of that booze? 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, George BM said:

I'll MOST LIKELY (70/30 odds) survive. My 'discobs' legacy (I say as if I'm some sort of super famous person... CRINGE!!) lives on. 

What was the first booze (or kind of booze?... I'm bad at talking about beer) that ever entered your body and did you like of taste of that booze? 

Booze as in liquor? Gin, HS senior year. Wouldn't say I necessarily "liked" it...but let's just say that, at that point, gin took an instant dislike to me.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Booze as in liquor? Gin, HS senior year. Wouldn't say I necessarily "liked" it...but let's just say that, at that point, gin took an instant dislike to me.

I used to hate gin in my early 20s....thought it tasted like pin sol.  Now in my mid 30s, I LOVE it especially during the colder months.  Costco's Kirkland brand is actually really good.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George BM said:

First alcoholic drink(other than some sips here and there)- I chugged an ice cold Budweiser from the mini fridge in the finished basement bar after being outside playing football, and was sweaty and thirsty. I was 13. I felt naughty for like 5 seconds. It hit the spot.

• Haha 3

11 minutes ago, CAPE said:

First alcoholic drink(other than some sips here and there)- I chugged an ice cold Budweiser from the mini fridge in the finished basement bar after being outside playing football, and was sweaty and thirsty. I was 13. I felt naughty for like 5 seconds. It hit the spot.

I had a Mike's Hard Lemonade when I was 18.  lol

21 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I used to hate gin in my early 20s....thought it tasted like pin sol.  Now in my mid 30s, I LOVE it especially during the colder months.  Costco's Kirkland brand is actually really good.

+1 on the Kirkland brand of liquors. I've not tried their gin -- I think I could keep some down by now :) -- but we have tried Costco's vodka, tequila and small batch bourbon in recent years. All not bad...I actually enjoyed their bourbon.

• Like 1

My dad would let me take sips of his beer then I was a kid

First full on drinking experience was wine coolers(gross as hell when I look back on it), mostly beer during HS.  Grain alcohol was popular as well.  I've even had moonshine.  Peach flavored.

Now its gin, rum and good bourbon.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, H2O said:

Zima  That was the 90s version of these popular seltzers and hard drinks

Forgot about this stuff until I went to a Greek reunion a few years ago. Apparently there was a "re-release" of Zima around that time...and the ladies had a case and were partying like it was 1992 all over again. Stuff tastes like a mash-up of Pine Sol and 7-Up. :yikes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, H2O said:

Its a feel good story but Rivera wants his own players and I don't blame him.  I doubt any other team takes a chance with Smith.

I understand that... but who do we have at QB?  Heincke?  Why not have Alex Smith as a back up to teach the new QB?

4 hours ago, George BM said:

I was 16, and my big brother handed me a glass of something and said, "Here, try this."  And yes, he enjoyed the face I made. 

It was 151 proof rum from our parents' rather small liquor collection.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, yoda said:

Yes... but who is backing him up?  What if he goes down with an injury?  Right now, we have no one

Kyle Allen.  While Alex Smith is a great story, he was pretty mediocre.  Free agency and the draft still to come.  The cap hit alone with Alex is enough for anyone to move on.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Kyle Allen.  While Alex Smith is a great story, he was pretty mediocre.  Free agency and the draft still to come.  The cap hit alone with Alex is enough for anyone to move on.

Technically Kyle Allen is a ERFA... he doesn't have a team right now.  Washington is the only team who can negotiate with him... so he will be signed, but for how much and how long 

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

Dont worry.  i'm sure Snyder will demand a big splashy trade of draft pick.  Hello Russell Wilson or someone on the downhill side.

If they don't love someone in the Draft, I'd take a flyer on Marriota.  He had some decent years in Tn before injuires/Tanehill explosion.  The David Carrs,  Winstons Trubiskys should be a no go and i don't think they can pull off the mega trade for Watson or Wilson.  

4 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

4 hours ago, CAPE said:

4 hours ago, H2O said:

My dad would let me take sips of his beer then I was a kid

First full on drinking experience was wine coolers(gross as hell when I look back on it), mostly beer during HS.  Grain alcohol was popular as well.  I've even had moonshine.  Peach flavored.

Now its gin, rum and good bourbon.

1 hour ago, fourseasons said:

I was 16, and my big brother handed me a glass of something and said, "Here, try this."  And yes, he enjoyed the face I made. 

It was 151 proof rum from our parents' rather small liquor collection.

Meanwhile, my liquor life consists of the occasional mouse sip of wine here and there through my childhood... Wait, does wine count as liquor? :wacko:

I's got some studying to do before I'm able to join you adults in discussing this stuff.

@Cobalt @Rhino16 @NorthArlington101 you three are in my club. Get the soft drinks, chips and... what kind of pizza do you three like? Maybe some salad and Mediterranean food in case you're trying to be healthier. 

@Cobalt @Rhino16 @NorthArlington101 you three are in my club. Get the soft drinks, chips and... what kind of pizza do you three like? Maybe some salad and Mediterranean food in case you're trying to be healthier. 

Not necessarily in your club, just wouldn’t be able to obtain those beverages, nor have I consumed any. Soda it is for the next little while. Cheerwhine would be great.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic