• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Discobs

nj2va

The very dry air mass combined with westerly winds (downsloping) will allow for efficient mixing conditions and dewpoints should fall solidly into the single digits by this afternoon. Temperatures are forecast to warm well above guidance into the low 50s in most locations with mid to upper 40s farther north across the higher terrain. Resulting relative humidity values will be in the teens across most of the area for much of the day, uncomfortably dry. For further discussion on the Fire Weather concerns, please refer to the Fire Weather discussion section below.

What? Bring it. I will be outside most of the day. I will moisturize so my skin doesn't start to flake off.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The very dry air mass combined with westerly winds (downsloping) will allow for efficient mixing conditions and dewpoints should fall solidly into the single digits by this afternoon. Temperatures are forecast to warm well above guidance into the low 50s in most locations with mid to upper 40s farther north across the higher terrain. Resulting relative humidity values will be in the teens across most of the area for much of the day, uncomfortably dry. For further discussion on the Fire Weather concerns, please refer to the Fire Weather discussion section below.

What? Bring it. I will be outside most of the day. I will moisturize so my skin doesn't start to flake off.

You know the weathers boring when the headline is uncomfortably dry! Haha 

1 minute ago, Baltimorewx said:

You know the weathers boring when the headline is uncomfortably dry! Haha 

It hasn't rained in what, 2 weeks? Pretty amazing stretch given how wet it has been here for months. Much needed. Driveway is solid again and the wetland back in the woods has shrunk quite a bit. Less area to seed with mosquito larvicide.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CAPE said:

It hasn't rained in what, 2 weeks? Pretty amazing stretch given how wet it has been here for months. Much needed. Driveway is solid again and the wetland back in the woods has shrunk quite a bit. Less area to seed with mosquito larvicide.

Oh for sure. I’m happy about it and saw it coming and forecasted it. Needless to say my followers have loved the forecasts (except for the few snow hounds) lol

1 minute ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I’m pretty sure that a flame thrower would have a tough time igniting anything around my soggy yard.

Dry as a bone here, outside of the low spot back in the woods. I am guessing you have drainage issues due to grade and/or poor artificial drainage in a development. 

14 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Dry as a bone here, outside of the low spot back in the woods. I am guessing you have drainage issues due to grade and/or poor artificial drainage in a development. 

Yes, an old neighborhood and a neighbor that stacks debris in what is supposed to be a drainage gully. But the corrugated black pipe that he laid down on top of the junk is surely helping. There’s just enough weight on the middle of that ten foot plastic section that makes the ends curl up deeming it worthless.

38 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Tilled my potato plot yesterday and was surprised how dry it was even down 12 inches. It was perfect for tilling. I thought it would never dry out concerning how wet it was 10 days ago. Higher sun angle and warm winds did the job.

Cooler this morning. 45 degrees 

6 hours ago, CAPE said:

I cleaned out the garden beds Thursday and ran the mower to collect the junk.  There was a lot of dust.  Amazing how quickly it can change without rain around here.

7 minutes ago, Kay said:

I can't say for sure if they were already in the area, but I think I saw my first two this evening. Way up there! Glimpse of crooked wings.

Nice! FYI, turkey vultures get that wing shape on windy days. Saw a lot today with that crooked wing shape due to the wind.

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice! FYI, turkey vultures get that wing shape on windy days. Saw a lot today with that crooked wing shape due to the wind.

I can't rule that out but I've seen a lot of turkey vultures in different conditions and they didn't have that look to me. Would like a second sighting to be sure, it was quick. Windy af.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic