• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2021 Discobs

nj2va

Hey, @Mrs.J -- do you happen to live near a Wegmans? I was browning some peppers/onions for taco salads last evening and took a closer look at this bottle's label. It's Weggy's Basting Oil...sunflower oil, garlic and herbs...says on label that it's gluten-free and vegan. (Couldn't remember if you mentioned switching to vegan or not.) In any event, this stuff is nectar of the gods....we use it numerous times weekly, for browning/basting a variety of meats and veggies, great stuff. I can only imagine the amazing things you could do with it in your kitchen.  :) 

PXL_20210304_003452910.NIGHTa.jpg.90b95c2d014c06a0a2afbeadde18c7fd.jpg

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Hey, @Mrs.J -- do you happen to live near a Wegmans? I was browning some peppers/onions for taco salads last evening and took a closer look at this bottle's label. It's Weggy's Basting Oil...sunflower oil, garlic and herbs...says on label that it's gluten-free and vegan. (Couldn't remember if you mentioned switching to vegan or not.) In any event, this stuff is nectar of the gods....we use it numerous times weekly, for browning/basting a variety of meats and veggies, great stuff. I can only imagine the amazing things you could do with it in your kitchen.  :) 

I'm not Mrs J but I have to +1 this post.  That stuff is GREAT - versatile, great taste, and well priced.  I love when they have a coupon on their family pack of that.  I find myself using it in every season too.  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

I drove an elderly neighbor to M&T Bank for her COVID vaccine and didn’t realize I’d have to wait outside for her. I didn’t dress for this :arrowhead:

Let me know how your neighbor thought it went, my mom goes for her first on Sunday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I'm not Mrs J but I have to +1 this post.  That stuff is GREAT - versatile, great taste, and well priced.  I love when they have a coupon on their family pack of that.  I find myself using it in every season too.  

OMG, I'm an idiot....I just realized that I posted that in obs and not in banter. #DERP Sorry, folks.

50ddb4.jpg.45b3fece09e44620fd1564f5caae9842.jpg

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Beautiful day.  Sitting out on the patio doing Zoom meetings vs inside at my desk.  

Look to overperform on temps today.  Forecast was 52, already at 53.

Up to 56 here...and pretty breezy. While I don't have the patio furniture uncovered nor cleaned yet for the season, I am inspired by your Zoom meeting setting and will have to try that out in a few weeks!

A little chilly this weekend... but otherwise perfect for this time of the year (of course, except for snow). 7 consecutive sunny days :sun:

This Afternoon
Sunny, with a high near 62. Northwest wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph.
Friday
Sunny, with a high near 52. Northwest wind 7 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
Friday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 25. West wind 6 to 8 mph.
Saturday
Sunny, with a high near 49. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph.
Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 26.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 50.
Sunday Night
Clear, with a low around 26.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 55.
Monday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 32.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 63.
Tuesday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 38.
Wednesday
Sunny, with a high near 67.

6 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Nothing like that here.  It was 45 here around 3pm when I got home with gusty winds . Actually 45 and sunny with little wind in March is pretty decent . Back to winter feel this evening through Sunday up here  . Good chance temps don't get out of the 30s here next 3 days . Tomorrow am Nam has low 20s with gusts to 30+ ....definitely a deep winter feel coming 

45 and overcast here but I’m hearing 60s next week. 

6 hours ago, mappy said:

Let me know how your neighbor thought it went, my mom goes for her first on Sunday.

Went fine. They were giving J&J vaccine today so she was happy she didn’t have to come back. Took her 1 hour from entering the prescreening tent to coming back out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

PXL_20210304_003452910.NIGHTa.jpg.90b95c2d014c06a0a2afbeadde18c7fd.jpg

I do have one near me. Will have to look into that. Thanks!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nj2va said:

Beautiful day.  Sitting out on the patio doing Zoom meetings vs inside at my desk.  

Look to overperform on temps today.  Forecast was 52, already at 53.

Couldn't do that in Garrett! It was 30 when I arrived this afternoon, gusty with flurries. Supposed to get down to 13 tonight! Next week looks good for some spring skiing, highs in the 50s.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

Couldn't do that in Garrett! It was 30 when I arrived this afternoon, gusty with flurries. Supposed to get down to 13 tonight! Next week looks good for some spring skiing, highs in the 50s.

Yikes!  Just checked and its 19 at the house.  Still lots of snow on the ground looking at my webcams.  I prefer to fast forward through Spring there lol.  Summer is amazing though...upper 70s/80 is a great break from here.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

So we'll have a nice Wednesday and then get backdoored Thursday night.

Looks to be in the 60s on Tuesday.  Good thing.  My son has his first Varsity Soccer game of the season.   I was expecting cold weather through at least the first two weeks they play.  

8 minutes ago, toolsheds said:

Looks to be in the 60s on Tuesday.  Good thing.  My son has his first Varsity Soccer game of the season.   I was expecting cold weather through at least the first two weeks they play.  

Couple of days of that will get the bass moving again.

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic