Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

36 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Nice...I take it you have a riding mower, lol.

That would be correct, lol. I have cut it by hand a few times over the years, usually in the fall when we reseeded it. The back shown here takes about 3 hours by hand. Try to not do that these days, the knees complain a bit.

8 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

That would be correct, lol. I have cut it by hand a few times over the years, usually in the fall when we reseeded it. The back shown here takes about 3 hours by hand. Try to not do that these days, the knees complain a bit.

Yeah, that would be hell in the Spring when the lawn is growing at a high rate and needs to be done twice a week practically. Would be good exercise though if you have the time and don't have allergies...

64F

• Like 1

7 hours ago, zenmsav6810 said:

Holy smokes how much do you charge!?

Lol, thanks. For the mowing or the dirt/reseeding? It's free, except for the materials, sweat, and stiffandsoreness. We've put a lot of topsoil down back there over the years, mostly in 2016 and 2018, I've gotten good at raking dirt.

We've had problems with fungus and have wound up reseeding portions of it just about every year. So this year I decided to go organic and got a boatload of cornmeal (3500 lbs so far) which supposedly helps the bacteria in the dirt that like to eat certain types of fungus. We shall see!

2 hours ago, RedSky said:

All a sudden potential big heat signals showing up in the 7-14 day, think it's going to be a roaster of a summer :devilsmiley:

Glenn has mid 80s in the 5-8 day period then back to lower 80s day 9-10 for the city. All will change but hopefully not warmer...   

enjoy your brief pollen washing showers the next two days if you are lucky to get them.  The yards should start turning more yellow as the short term drought takes hold.  You will  hear farmers complaining and it will make the media in the next week as crop planting is being delayed big time.  I have never seen it this dry and cool at the same time for this late in May. The humidities should be in the 40-50% not 25-30%. The soil moisture is literally being ripped out in the next week. 

• Weenie 1

12 hours ago, Albedoman said:

enjoy your brief pollen washing showers the next two days if you are lucky to get them.  The yards should start turning more yellow as the short term drought takes hold.  You will  hear farmers complaining and it will make the media in the next week as crop planting is being delayed big time.  I have never seen it this dry and cool at the same time for this late in May. The humidities should be in the 40-50% not 25-30%. The soil moisture is literally being ripped out in the next week. 

I'm actually going to skip mowing my lawn this week as it has hardly grown over the last 7 days. It is a little more humid today, but you're right, it's been exceptionally dry lately.