Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

13 minutes ago, RedSky said:

We can't do mid and late spring anymore without an unusual cold snap what is this 4 or 5 years straight.

Last year was the same date, I posted pics of a wisteria tree covered with frost blankets on April 22nd. Debating if I should do it again, it's just starting to flower. What the heck, lol.

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Last year was the same date, I posted pics of a wisteria tree covered with frost blankets on April 22nd. Debating if I should do it again, it's just starting to flower. What the heck, lol.

We are getting colder and hotter it's a sweet and sour climate 

80's next week wouldn't be surprised to kiss 90F lol

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, KamuSnow said:

Well we did a light version of last year's tents. Only 2 spots, hoping it's not necessary, but it should help if it gets down to 32F.

0422211920_copy_1746x2328_copy_1335x1432_copy_1001x1074.thumb.jpg.b83ee6746127dd639ed35d22afecda9b.jpg

0422211917a_HDR_copy_1746x2328_copy_1291x1365_copy_1032x1091.thumb.jpg.23a396923131cf43bd600078f6f1b85a.jpg

Nice setup but I think we're a tad warmer at this time compared to last night so 32F may be a stretch but you're ready.

Right now at 9pm I'm floating between 42-43F. Last night at 10pm I was at 39F. Not scientific but just a comparison....

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Nice setup but I think we're a tad warmer at this time compared to last night so 32F may be a stretch but you're ready.

Right now at 9pm I'm floating between 42-43F. Last night at 10pm I was at 39F. Not scientific but just a comparison....

You're probably right but it wasn't too bad to set up, and just in case. Looking forward to 63F  tomorrow!

9 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

You're probably right but it wasn't too bad to set up, and just in case. Looking forward to 63F  tomorrow!

Hit Wawa around midnight and the temp was 39F so I doubt it went lower than 36F this morning.

63F sunny is good grass cutting weather but it will probably be in the mid 50s when I get out there late morning...

42F 

23 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

Hit Wawa around midnight and the temp was 39F so I doubt it went lower than 36F this morning.

63F sunny is good grass cutting weather but it will probably be in the mid 50s when I get out there late morning...

42F 

Made it to 34F here early this morning. I mowed Tuesday afternoon, shorts and tee shirt. Today is borderline for that attire, especially this morning at 43F currently, lol.

23 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Made it to 34F here early this morning. I mowed Tuesday afternoon, shorts and tee shirt. Today is borderline for that attire, especially this morning at 43F currently, lol.

Unless you have a riding mower once you begin your body increases heat quick mowing. I can sweat in the 20s shoveling and before you know it  I'm down to a long sleeve shirt only...

46F

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Birds~69 said:

42F 

I take this back. Watching Glenn at 11am and he had the overnight lows....Blue Bell was 30F and I'm only a couple miles away. (3?)