• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

Still quarantining (after my spring training trip) down the shore for the last week waiting for my negative test to go home. Has been a chilly foggy week down in SIC. Sunny today but can see the fog bank just off shore - S wind is fighting it off for now temp almost touched 60 earlier. While back in East Nantmeal low 70's

SicHi.20210326_111514984.jpg

Backyard.20210326_111523382.jpg

We may not ever hit 90 degrees here this summer on top of the frozen tundra of NW Chesco.....but we did hit 81.0 today here (only 78.4) on the Tempest on the roof - this is the warmest for the date since 1983....but failed to top the all-time record high for the day of 84.0 set back exactly 100 years ago today here in Chester County. Also look at this incredible swing in Sea Isle City as the SW wind finally broke the marine flow - a mere 14 degree rise in 16 minutes....currently up to 80.5 here on the beaches of South Jersey

image.png.552c1a9dfabde95df82f320ffa629bf7.png

62F here currently. Beautiful day, great for working outside. 3 days in a row with shorts! Grass is starting to darken up, probably about 10 days away from mowing.

Got some buds on some bushes and the silver maple, and magnolias and forsythia are getting ready to flower. Saw a couple of butterflies yesterday. Good stuff!

Eta - just saw the overnight low Thursday night is forecast to be 28F here. Yikes. Time to think about frost blankets and bamboo poles for the white magnolia....

4 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

62F here currently. Beautiful day, great for working outside. 3 days in a row with shorts! Grass is starting to darken up, probably about 10 days away from mowing.

Got some buds on some bushes and the silver maple, and magnolias and forsythia are getting ready to flower. Saw a couple of butterflies yesterday. Good stuff!

Eta - just saw the overnight low Thursday night is forecast to be 28F here. Yikes. Time to think about frost blankets and bamboo poles for the white magnolia....

Thank God. People are such in a rush (even in this subforum) to jump into the 70s'+ and it's still March (avg 50s)...we already hit 80. The warm/hot weather will come eventually. We have the whole damn Summer! I hope April is super below average...stormy, windy and rainy. A flying cow or two would be nice...

68F

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

Thank God. People are such in a rush (even in this subforum) to jump into the 70s'+ and it's still March (avg 50s)...we already hit 80. The warm/hot weather will come eventually. We have the whole damn Summer! I hope April is super below average...stormy, windy and rainy. A flying cow or two would be nice...

68F

I'm okay with 60s through April, then 70s in May. I saw a lot of small bugs yesterday and thought of RedSky for some reason. I know he has issues with the stink bugs.

I've been wondering if the lack of cold this winter will result in more bugs this year.