• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
E PA/NJ/DE Spring 2021 OBS Thread

Rtd208

That was super pleasant to wake up to. There's now just a light frosting of snow on the grass, and there's still a tiny remnant of one of the snowbergs in my cul-de-sac, so that totally counts for snow-on-snow x6 for the season. :) I though it was supposed to come later in the day; glad I didn't miss it!

• Weenie 1

Hey guys, storm was kind of a bust in Estes Park. We got 16-18" I'd guess. It is beautiful out here though so no complaints. Just on and outside the mountains got absolutely pummeled. I would have actually done better if I had gotten trapped at the airport lmao. Thanks to all who donated to my gofundme. I'll post pics/vids when I get home. My flight is tonight around midnight. Another positive from the storm? I got over my fear of flying. So next year my range for chasing will drastically change and I will 100% chase some LES. Can't wait already. Living the dream!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Hey guys, storm was kind of a bust in Estes Park. We got 16-18" I'd guess. It is beautiful out here though so no complaints. Just on and outside the mountains got absolutely pummeled. I would have actually done better if I had gotten trapped at the airport lmao. Thanks to all who donated to my gofundme. I'll post pics/vids when I get home. My flight is tonight around midnight. Another positive from the storm? I got over my fear of flying. So next year my range for chasing will drastically change and I will 100% chase some LES. Can't wait already. Living the dream!!

I have reached the point I want to fly south to get away from snow :lol: happened again today it just wants to snow in 2021

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Wentzadelphia said:

College friend of mine in Red Feather Lakes ended up with 44"

43 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

That was one of the spots we tried to get to Saturday afternoon. No drivers willing to go though. Ugh 

Nice area.

Many years ago I hiked up tp the site of a WW2 B17 crash on Crown Point( 10800ft). The snow was still there in late June.

17 hours ago, MidlothianWX said:

98WB57w.png

On 3/16/2021 at 1:00 PM, Wentzadelphia said:

Way to go! Looks like you may have gotten screwed by some Mexican dust if you read the text from MidlothianWX. Kind of hard to plan for that, lol.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 1